Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Dowsing?

Pages: 1 11 replies

B

Anyone familier with Dowsing? My home town of Danville Vermont is home to the National Headquarters for Society Of Dowsers, located right across from our house. My Wife ended up getting a job with them a few weeks ago doing office work, and when she heard they needed a new Store Manager in the Dowsers Bookstore, next town over, she piped in that I was looking for work, had over 10 years experiance in Retail with the last 2 in a Book Store. So, here I am, the New Manager, and I only have a faint idea of what Dowsing consists of! Some of the aspects are pretty bizarre, but the more I research, it's pretty interesting. And if interested in finding out how dowsing can change your life(just kidding, shameless plug) check out http://www.dowsers.org

S
SES posted on Tue, Feb 10, 2004 4:42 PM

I've been telling everyone for ages that BK has been doing this to track down all his tiki finds.
:wink:

Well, dowsing isn't strange at all - all you need is a full moon, a forked stick, and several naked virgins!

Well... no. No naked virgins. The forked stick is crucial. I inherited the ability to dowse from my grandmother. It's pretty interesting. I can actually find water mains buried under solid concrete. Depending on t he volume of water under the earth, the stick has been known to turn so strongly in my hands that the bark shears off. Weeeird stuff. OoooooOOOOOoooo!

BadMojo~

Yes, I know about dowsing, as well as Feng Shui. Actually, more about Feng Shui. I have tons of books, following more of Lillian Too's teachings.

No, I don't dowse for water (I'm 2 miles from the beach!). I am more into, what the link you have provided explains as "personal-related subjects, spiritual dowsing, dowsing and the immune system - the list goes on and on...."

As for not knowing about the subjects: read, learn and keep an open mind. Practicing helps too. Your customers will be your best teaching tool. Varied opinions and experiences will enhance your knowledge and can be passed on to other customers as time goes on.

Expect jokes from those unfamiliar with the subject. It's like trying to explain "Tiki" to those unfamiliar with it. Even though it never hurts to ask here, you would get a better response from dowsing forums on the internet.

My pendulum dowser:

Oh dowsing is very cool! One of my brothers did a project on it when I was younger...
He used two pieces of wire coat hanger, like this:

When held gently in the hands, they cross when you go over water. No kidding!
We laid hoses around the backyard, blindfolded my Dad and he was very successful.

I know there are several other methods, but this was the one I have experience with. Of course we also believe in aliens.

I remember Jed did it once on the Beverly Hillbillies.

B

On 2004-02-10 18:18, cynfulcynner wrote:
You could win a million bucks from dowsing!

http://www.randi.org/library/dowsing/
http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

Funny you brought this up, my wife was just telling me this. Today at work she was reading how one of the members gave Randi all the proof he needed and documentation, but declined the million!

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2004-02-10 18:25 ]

Sugar Caddy Daddy, more info!

I haven't heard of the other things you mentioned.

On 2004-02-10 18:24, badmojo wrote:
Today at work she was reading how one of the members gave Randi all the proof he needed and documentation, but declined the million!

Yes, Randi has some awfully strict criteria there. I kind of doubt that he'll ever give the money away.

B

On 2004-02-11 10:27, cynfulcynner wrote:

On 2004-02-10 18:24, badmojo wrote:
Today at work she was reading how one of the members gave Randi all the proof he needed and documentation, but declined the million!

Yes, Randi has some awfully strict criteria there. I kind of doubt that he'll ever give the money away.

I guess I worded it wrong, the dowser did prove it to Randi, and was awarded the million, but declined to take it, stating he didnt do it for the money, just to prove his point.

Pages: 1 11 replies