Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Longs Drugs goes Hawaiian?

Pages: 1 5 replies

The Longs Drugs on Mira Mesa Blvd in San Diego looks to be going Hawaiian. They've made support pillars into palm trees, turned a t-shirt & sunglasses rack into a palapa, and now has 1/2 a row turned over to Hawaiian foodstuffs. Is this something Longs Drugs is doing to many stores, or just mine?

the address for the Longs Drugs is 10776 Westview Pkwy, San Diego, CA 92126. it's on the South side of Mira Mesa Blvd., just West of I-15.

M

I think all the Longs Drugs in San Diego are doing the Hawaiian theme. Actually this is the 3rd year in a row that they've done it (maybe more). Last year we almost bought a full sized bamboo bar with palapa topper for $225. Then, our better judgement kicked in and we decided to hold off for something of higher quality. In the past they've also had a variety of large fake tikis and other new production artifacts. None of the stuff is going to please the purist but if you're on a budget it's not half bad.

ModMana :drink:

Help, Long's drugs got me addicted to Rock Star Energy drinks!

And to think I've been buying all my tiki decor at Party City.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2004-02-14 12:21 ]

T

The closest we get to Hawaiian at a drug store here in Georgia is the suntan lotion aisle with Hawaiian Tropic (and it's made in Fla.):o

Tiki_Bong, I saw cases of RockStar energy drink at Sams Club. Not sure of the price though.

Modmana - perhaps you should stop by Bamboo Ben's for a tiki bar!

Pages: 1 5 replies