Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Warning: Beware of Tipping Tiki

Pages: 1 10 replies

Several years ago my wife and I took a trip to Kona, on the Big Island of Hawaii . We were staying in the Royal Kona (formerly the Hilton)and I found this sign. It was in front of a very large tiki in the main courtyard that looked like it had a rotted out based and could fall over any minute. The stickman on the sign was not much of an exageration. Anyway, I thought it was a cool sign.

T

Looks like that one was so big it was called tiki twice! :D

Fun sign...wonder if stick people look any different after having a tiki tiki fall on them...? :)

As a graphic designer I clap my hands excitedly at this! :) How fun to sit around all day and come up with concept signs for Don't Tip The Tiki Tiki Warnings!

R
Rain posted on Tue, Feb 17, 2004 10:29 PM

i never thought i'd see a tiki on one of those signs. :)
stick figure warning man:
http://www.capnwacky.com/warning/

How funny that you just posted this, ZM, just last week I found the copy you sent me while going through my files, and had one laminated in 5x9, it looks real that way.
Thanks again.

Hee! That reminds me of these signs, variations of them can be seen along the Oregon & Washington coastlines:

BEACH LOGS KILL!!! If you used a beach log to carve a tiki, you would be creating a monster of Godzilla-like proportions. Tiki-Ra!

The best tiki bar is the one that's within stumbling distance of your bed
The Humuhumu Room

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-02-17 22:47 ]

I'm gonna have to get me one of those signs and put it on my back for the future T.C. bar crawls.

it would be beautiful if someone screened that sign onto a metal plaque and posted it in front of Hale Tiki...

Wow... revenge of the killer beach logs! That's a crazy looking sign!

Unga...seeing that you are in Carmel, my mind naturally jumps to the upcomming crawl here in the SF bay area. Official shirts for the crawl!? Anyone interested or anyone in the business able to run a bunch of these off for us?

:drink:

Tacky

M

Tacky- don't worry about it. The situation is well in hand. Thanks.

Pages: 1 10 replies