Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents TIKI TAIX

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

A
aquarj posted on Thu, Mar 4, 2004 7:35 PM

For Tiki Taix II, what are the estimated start and end times?

-Randy

Well, King is in the UK right now and is not available for an answer to that question. I imagine that it could follow the same timeline as the first Tiki Taix. It began at 10:00 PM. As for the ending time? Hmmm. Alnshely and I stayed at King's and he said we didn't get to sleep until 4:30. SO, it went late. I suppose the show didn't go beyond 2:00, but the loading-out and tiki shenanigans did. Get your rest in advance. :)

I arrived at Taix just after 9:00 and even the lounge area was full to the brim with diners (BTW They serve lovely meals at Taix) so I don't suppose they would turn that room over to the whole entertainment/ party vibe that early. I'll bet they can't start Tiki Taix much earlier than 10:00, but I could be wrong...

[ Edited by: floratina on 2004-03-05 12:27 ]

K
k'eli posted on Fri, Mar 5, 2004 2:00 PM

When is the next Tiki Nite at Taix?

A
aquarj posted on Fri, Mar 5, 2004 4:19 PM

Thanks Tina! Naomi and I are thinking we might be able to catch this one, or at least part of it. If it works out, it'll be fun to catch some socal TCers there.

-Randy

H

Here's a much better pic than that other one I took of TikiFille's carving for Sven, in its new home:

K
k'eli posted on Mon, Mar 15, 2004 6:04 PM

Aloha - when will the bill be posted for the March 26th Tiki Taix? That is a week from this Friday??

is there anything going on this Friday evening - March 19th or Saturday March 20th??

k'eli wrote:
Aloha - when will the bill be posted for the March 26th Tiki Taix? That is a week from this Friday??

is there anything going on this Friday evening - March 19th or Saturday March 20th??

K'eli~

Click my monkey's butt. No, really.

tikifille - you did a fantastic job replicating the BOT tiki! Even the surface texture is spot on. I envy your talents.

[ Edited by: floratina on 2004-03-16 10:44 ]

KING KUKULELE wrote:
...Next up: Tiki Taix II -- Mark your calenders, Friday March 26. Stay tuned for an announcement of the bill.

Mahalo Again!
King Kukulele

Well, it is now Monday, March 22nd. Any update as to if this is going to be a go for this Friday?

I talked to King Kuke this weekend and he says its still on...

I just had a mail from King Kukulele saying that it will take place this Friday night.

Pages: 1 2 58 replies