Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau 2004

Pages: 1 20 replies

The "Call of the Tiki" will be announced this weekend. Can't you just hear the drums playing......

I hear the drums!! (no wait. I hear the funk! Sorry, have James Brown on in the background)Can't wait! Bahia Cabana here we come! Water Taxi wars!! Awesome! Warm water, humidity, The Mai Kai!!! Get down wit your bad selves and book it early! http://www.TheHukilau.com

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-02-20 22:27 ]

S
H

Aw, you're killing me!

Do it some more!

T

My free roundtrip ticket on Southwest airlines is ready and waiting to be used! It's been 2 years since my last Mai Kai fix.

Swanky,
Glad you moved the date away from late June, and the postcards and write-up on the Mai-Kai look great! I registered for the forums today, but didn't have anything to add. Marian and I are looking forward to Hukilau #3.
KG

S

Kailuageoff,
You and Marian are the official "get people dancing" organizers for Friday night. Can't wait. This time, stay longer!

It's so close I can smell it. I'm very excited for the return of Hukilau. I had been collecting and painting tiki for about three years before Hukilau 2003 and I had no idea that their was even a tiki following until my wife forced me to go. Now tiki is about all I think about anymore. This year will be so much better now that I understand the tiki culture a little more. It will also be nice to meet face to face with all the people I have met through TC. I just hope that no one invited Pablus.

S

We are hours, maybe minutes away...from the Call...

S

We heard the call...

We've booked a room at the Bahia Mar, reserved tickets for the Dinner Cruise and Luau, and purchased our mugs! Now just need to call the Mai Kai!

P

Missssster Flounder,
Not only wasn't I invited - I was asked not to attend.

Fortunately, I just happen to be going to the Mai Kai that weekend and staying in the very hotel you are.

I'll be in the Chinese kitchen hovering over your food mumbling some incantations.

I won't mess with your drinks though... I mean - that'd be wrong.

So glad you are coming back town. Can't wait for this years festivities. Hukilau and Bonnaroo(nevermind) are the 2 words I will howl for the next few months.

P.S. Paul one of those grouper has your name on it...you game?

P

Heck yeah.

My bro-in-law lives in Ft. Lauderdale and catches Mahi nearly every weekend. Maybe he can bring some fish for the village as well.

If we were allowed do an imu pig on the beach I'm not sure I'd ever leave.

I have a special secret job to do there though, so my time is not always my own on this one. It involves government agents, Flounder and some farm animals.

I can't say any......gack

Boy th-th-that implant hurts.

weeeeeee time for crazy, stylish, brightly dressed - tiki obsessed Hukilaus to invade our town of Fort Lauderdale once more. How fun. I'm actually going to a wedding at the Mai next weekend. stoked.

Let me know if there is anything i can do here beforehand! promoting - gettin anything set up. i live here. im bored. i like tikis and love it when ya'll come and spice it up. so let me know.

by the way the new site rocks and/or rolls.

Booked!

Paul I think you said way to much about the secret farm anim.... gack

Damn that hurts!

J
JonPez posted on Wed, Mar 3, 2004 6:56 AM

Bahia Cabana booked!
I'd better get started with the daily Rum infusions. Its always best to give your liver a warning shot across the bow.
Can't wait!

S

Big time! BoingBoing has posted the Hukilau. That's big. They get 100,000 hits a day. One of the biggest sites on the Net.

I only see bigger things happening with Hukilau. Not to knock Oasis in my own back yard but Hukilau has Coconuts on their palms and we only have mini coconuts aka dates! It's a good mix though!! (both laxatives.or, re-laxatives?)

On 2004-03-19 22:16, RevBambooBen wrote:
I only see bigger things happening with Hukilau. Not to knock Oasis in my own back yard but Hukilau has Coconuts on their palms and we only have mini coconuts aka dates! It's a good mix though!! (both laxatives.or, re-laxatives?)

MR SMILEY can't wait!!

S

Come on over to the Hukilau Forums and take part in the polls and maybe come up with your own! Hukilau Forums

Pages: 1 20 replies