Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

black vlevet paintings

Pages: 1 14 replies

J
johnk posted on Tue, Aug 13, 2002 4:22 PM

I just received two paintings (wahinne & man blowing conch horn) I ordered from trailertaste.com; and they got here quick, in one piece and look good - no problems with these folks. They e-mailed me several times to let me know progress & shipping dates, etc.

S

Does anyone else smell SPAM?

I checked out the website and some of the stuff looked fun, though nothing I'm anxious to buy. Then I checked the registration for the website, and was surprised to find that the registrant of trailertaste.com lives in NYC. Just goes to show you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the tailer park out of the girl.

On 2002-08-13 17:55, SullTiki wrote:
Does anyone else smell SPAM?

Yup. Isn't that against the rules?

Just because they posted an ad the same day they joined the group?

On 2002-08-14 09:37, Caber-Net wrote:
Just because they posted an ad the same day they joined the group?

No, becuz der fryin' up a mess o' Spam in der trailer, dude!

Has anyone else out there had SPAM MUSUBI? That stuff rocks!

K

This is related to Tiki in general, so is it really any worse than our "regular" members posting their Ebay sales all the time? Which by the way, I enjoy and appreciate!

I agree with the previous post because I have been looking for just the right black velvet Wahine to no avail for more than a year. I saw trailertaste's paintings on ebay month's ago and had some correspondence with them. They seem like very nice people.
Now that I have unsuccessfully been a high bidder on paintings that turned out to have reserves of more than $1000, I'm more inclinded to buy a repro. I wish they would expand their line to include more Leeteg-type stuff and bigger images.

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2002-08-14 14:18 ]

T

It's not spam to post that you have some black velvet paintings for sale to this group.

It IS spam to pretend you are an orgasmically overjoyed customer, when you are really the seller!

Thought I would share my recent Leeteg velvet copy purchase. It is pretty good. I would have preffered a Leeteg Wahine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=894366205

The seller says it was purchased in Hawaii in the 50's at the Davis Gallery. I believe Davis sold original Leeteg's.

It looks like they took the image down, nice price though. Congrats.

I'm sorry but for $60-$100 these paintings are not just horrible enough!.

Hmmm, I remember my art teacher telling me and my brother back in the '70's that if he ever saw us selling velvet paintings by the side of the road he would run us over with his car.

I hope he never sees my apartment!

J
johnk posted on Sat, Aug 17, 2002 8:01 AM

sorry if I offended you, I thought others might like to know about this things. I live in Florida, and don't sell ANYTHING!

Bunch of rude folks - guess I won't post again.

johnk, don't listen to the rude people.
Everybody in America and elsewhere for that matter has there right to be wrong and thier freedom to be a fool. Just because somebody miss reads or does not understand, does not mean run, it only means they have an opinion.
And that's OK.
I for one love a little self promotion.
When you get together with family do you tell them what you do for a living?
It does not mean that you call your family everyday and tell them again.

SPAM is only spam if it becomes repetitive and commercial like, one time or two times maybe we all learn of something we did not know was out there, any more than that and it's out of here.

So johnk, just cheer up and post right back in anybodys face you want. And remember good, bad, or different we are all one big Tiki Central family.

Have no brakes
Cannot stop
Mahalo to you
Baxdog

[ Edited by: thebaxdog on 2002-08-17 09:27 ]

I finally bought a black velvet painting from Trailertaste. It was made to order and arrived just nine days after I ordered it. At $60 including frame and shipping, I think it was a great bargain.

Now, who feels bad for running poor johnk off?

Pages: 1 14 replies