Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Bar Cam

Pages: 1 2 71 replies

S

I am trying to figure out how to make this work. Look HERE for the current results...

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: swanky on 2004-03-07 10:26 ]

C

That's a huge cat!

S
SES posted on Sun, Mar 7, 2004 11:20 AM

I'd move the keyboard off view of the cam so people can't watch you type in passwords. :wink:
Are you going to set one up at the Hale Tiki bar raising?

On 2004-03-07 10:44, Cultjam wrote:
That's a huge cat!

Ditto!

Looks like a slightly perplexed girl to me...your progeny?

S
Swanky posted on Sun, Mar 7, 2004 1:14 PM

Yes. The cat is about 18 pounds, not fat. A big ol' Maine Coon. The girl is Makalina, and you guys will get to meet her at Hukilau '04.

If we had some broadband connection and a computer with cam, I'd set it up, but, somehow I don't think that's gonna be there.

UB

On 2004-03-07 13:14, Swanky wrote:
The girl is Makalina, and you guys will get to meet her at Hukilau '04.

How about the cat?

S
Swanky posted on Sun, Mar 7, 2004 3:13 PM

On 2004-03-07 15:03, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2004-03-07 13:14, Swanky wrote:
The girl is Makalina, and you guys will get to meet her at Hukilau '04.

How about the cat?

Frank will not be attending Hukilau this year...

R

hey thats cool!!!!

DZ

How often does the web-cam shot change? I was checking it out last night, refreshing it every so often, but it was the same shot for about an hour...

BTW - I've got Maine Coon myself; Sienna is only 4 years old, but she's already up to 16 pounds! How old is Frank?

S
Swanky posted on Sun, Mar 7, 2004 3:59 PM

Late last night it was updating every few minutes. I was experimenting. Turned out the software could not handle the large images and fast updates. So, now I have a smaller image in a pop-up window instead, and it updayes every few seconds. I could update every second, but, why?

Frank is maybe 2 1/2. I resued him and Sammy, also a Maine Coon. He was 1-1 1/2 when I got him and he gained 5 pounds the first year. Sammy is more camera shy. 16-17 pounds. A little guy. They are great cats. The "dogs" of cats. Very playful and good tempered and don't tend to shed or get up on things you don't want... Love these guys.

or get up on things you don't want...

like monitors???

Ahhhhh. The warmth!!

p.s. Now we just need a C'Al cam!!!!

Someone needs to hook the Brutha up!!!

OOOOH, THE MASK ON THE WALL JUST TURNED AND LOOKED AT ME!!

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 12:48 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 12:47 ]

S

Just back from Hale Tiki, so the cam is back updating...

S

I'z gots da fevah! I am already taking the Hale Tiki leftovers and working on the bar. See it in action! I have to make a run to the store for a hacksaw, but I will be back soon to finish "bamboo-ing" the mantel...

Crank up the James Brown, Ramones, DKs, Stones, etc. and let er' rip bro!!!

I can see up your shorts!

Trader Woody

Whats the hold up soldier!!!??? Get that awning up and give me 20!!!

S

Yessir! Done! I totally slapped it together and it worked. A chop saw and a nail gun would put it 30-45 minutes faster. I made it up. The top rail is lashed on. No nails. I nailed the three side pieces together and into the door frame. Nails on the top of the door to hang thr thatch. Done. Next project...

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2004-03-14 19:11 ]

In the voice of Mr. Burns from the Simpsons......Exxxcelent!!! Nice awning Swank!!

This is fun! A version of tiki shout!

S
SES posted on Sun, Mar 14, 2004 7:39 PM

Hah... it's like watching a Swanky tornado as you zip around redecorating the place.
:wink:

Shaka Brah !!!!

Classic!!!!!!

Arrrrrrrr!!! in a good way!!!

S
SES posted on Sun, Mar 14, 2004 9:40 PM

How many lightbulbs does it take to work the webcam?

I like the larger image!
Wave to SES!

S
SES posted on Sun, Mar 14, 2004 9:49 PM

LOL okay I see it! :wink:

Hi Swanky!

S
SES posted on Sun, Mar 14, 2004 9:50 PM

Having a webcam aimed at my studio might make me keep it neat and tidy...
:)

S

Working on the thatch roof tonight.
Tiki Bar Cam

S

I finally got some reliable software and a better cam and it ought to work regularly now. I changed it so you get the cam by clicking the link at the top of The Swank Pad

S

Live on the Tiki Bar cam tonight will be our own Pablus. I am not sure how much of the time the computer will be on. He should arrive about 8PM EST and we'll have dinner and be back. Check and see if we're there.

http://www.SwankpPad.org link at the top of the page

S
SES posted on Wed, May 19, 2004 5:28 PM

On 2004-05-19 16:59, Swanky wrote:
Live on the Tiki Bar cam tonight will be our own Pablus.

Does he know?

S

Look for Pablus and maye others this evening on The Hapa Haole Tiki Bar cam around 6PM EST. I invited TNTiki over as well, I hoe he can make it. I have been meaning to meet him. We'll see. Test Pilots and Navy Grogs all around!

You can find the link to the cam at http://www.SwankPad.org near the top of the page.

When do the dancing girls come on? :)

Pablus where's your Uke!

M

On 2004-07-19 18:05, Chongolio wrote:
Pablus where's your Uke!

Pablus doesn't have a Uke!! What you have seen is a full sized guitar, it just LOOKS like a Uke when he his holding it!! :)

He has it now, and looks like Swanky is laying down the savage backbeats!

S

Twas fun. Uke and bongo and Mai Tai, Test Pilot, Navy Grog (Got Joel on the horn for the exact recipe, thanks Kiliki) and Headhunter. My kitchen is crazy messy! A good time.

P

Awesome time at the Hapa Haole Hideaway last night...

...or was it this morning?

I left around 10ish I guess (after about 10 or so delicious libations) and crashed out at various rest stops when I needed.

I'm trying to get along with as little sleep as possible so I can keep up with the Left Coasters during Hukilau.

Thanks, Swanky, for the good times and the road drink which didn't even last to the interstate and for the music - great tunes ...but I'm going to be upgrading your Hawaiian music collection very soon.

I'll send some cds back with your mug.

BTW, Hanford - thanks for all this.

Swanky,
It’s apparent your party didn’t stop when you thought it did.
You know were friends and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but,
Your tiki bar is HAUNTED.
I caught this photo in the middle of the night from your webcam.
(In all seriousness, this photo is untouched)
As you can see, he is walking to the right (probably on his way to refill his mai tai).
He apparently likes to wear tapa.
A tiki partyin ghost! How cool is that? :)

S

I Belli di Waikiki should arrive soon in the Hapa Haole Hideaway. TNTiki will be here and a few other friends. Check out the webcam. The show is at 9PM EST, so we will be gone before then. Not sure what the exact schedule is, as they have yet to arrive. Go to http://www.SwankPad.org and click the webcam link near the top of the page.

I'm worried. I did not buy enough booze yesterday. I made one batch of Hawaii Kai Treasures for their arrival and it was half a bottle of rum. We may not get too many in us before the show!

S

Tonight at the Hideaway and on the tiki webcam is Tiki Toa and TNTiki. Maybe other guests. Dinner at 7PM and then back here for a few libations and story.

http://www.SwankPad.org the link for the cam is near the top.

D

Swanky-tell those boys to come on back-they're missed-big time! If they don't,tell them Docwoods says a big time hello,and...go Bears!

S

Well, TNTiki showed Toa too good of a time. TOo many Mai Tais and he never made it into the Hideaway. Maybe in the morning...

sorry that we missed them.

S

Tonight we are working on the thatch roof over the bar in the new Hideaway. Tune in to the cam to see us building the bar!

http://www.swankpad.org Link to the cam is at the top of the page.

Please forgive my horrid shirtless body. It's hot! In here!

S

The fun I have with my tiki bar cam would be so much better if people were actually watching...

On 2005-08-12 19:00, Swanky wrote:
The fun I have with my tiki bar cam would be so much better if people were actually watching...

and, actually there...

Well, the cam doesn't work here...but who the hell cares..as long as the Swank Pad comes in via Live365.com. Swanky, you're the background now to all my parties...where else can I hear "Sukiyaki" or Dean Martin and all the other great music?...Nowhere.

Pages: 1 2 71 replies