Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Another never before seen Tiki mug

Pages: 1 8 replies

Here is my next offering, may the gods smile upon it like they did on the last one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3902249664&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

[ Edited by: martiki on 2004-03-14 10:36 ]

It seems that the headhunters of TC are so frustrated by the high rollers on e-bay that they resigned to not even trying to win anymore...even not wanting to LOOK at this fine specimen, to avoid further frustration.

Does this puppy not elicit SOME comment, with or without owning it? Such a fine exotic vessel...

that is one unique and "beautiful libation reliquary" It seems as though it would be perfect for one who has it all or one who needs it all!
Seriously, these mugs you've been auctioning off are seriously cool, and I wish I had the $ to bid on 'em.
I like the fact that you include information about the design and history of the mug - it adds important context.
Was that a good enough comment? :)

It's beautiful, and depressing, because they will blow us out of our canoes with their big gunships.

J

On 2004-03-09 21:22, jungletrader wrote:
It's beautiful, and depressing, because they will blow us out of our canoes with their big gunships.

Beautifully put Jungletrader! Sven it's almost painful to click on the Ebay links...
I found a quote online that sums it up best, "People don't fall in love with what's right in front of them. People want the dream -- what they can't have. The more unattainable, the more attractive."
--Xander

M

All I know is, it was one of the best moves of my life to insist that my parents bring back mugs from spain on their last vacation.

On 2004-03-09 20:27, Polynesiac wrote:

Was that a good enough comment? :)

Why yes, that was as examplary a comment as one could wish for!

I am worried, guys...if you find this depressing, you will turn suicidal once I post the big guns of the Spanish fleet that I decided to turn into liquid assets.
On Saturday I am going down to Bosko's with Beachbum Berry, (to shoot the cover Bosko made for the Beachbum's new Polynesian Chow recipe book), and there I will light and photograph the special mugs that come with the dry ice billowing fog effect!

Oh darn, I was out bid.... (wink)
TG

Wow, I could flog the few Spanish mugs I've got on eBay, use the money for a flight to Barcelona and a bunch more mugs when I'm there. Then I could repeat the process again and again, skimming off a few prime mugs for myself and having a damn good time in the process!

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 8 replies