Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I went to Bosko's Tiki paradise this weekend...

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

June 6th is the tentative opening date, according to one of the other Cohen establishments.

It's a Sunday, maybe they want to get a week's worth of shifts in before the madness of a weekend or maybe they think the blessings from the tiki gods will be strongest on the Sunday.

TB

Thanks christiki295, can anybody else confirm this? If its true, i will definitely make a trip down there.

Tbird.

I'm questioning Beth @ Cohen Restaurant Group again, I'll post my answer when I get it.

We're definitely for a group TC experimental mission.
Thanks for keeping us posted, Freddie.

Ran

OK, I just received this from Beth @ Cohn Restaurants Group:

"Hi Freddie!

Thanks for all of your interest. It is nice to see that we have such a following before the doors even open! You can't believe all that you hear though, we can hope that we will be open around the 6th of June, but it
isn't looking like we'll be ready by then. I really wish that I could give you more information, but there really isn't too much that we are sure about just yet. We are leery to send out any sort of newsletter regarding Mister Tiki, until we know for sure (we wouldn't want to mislead anyone!) As for "restaurants that you frequent" choices, Mister Tiki Mai Tai Lounge will be added very shortly. An announcement will be sent out to everyone though, so it isn't critical that you update your preferences right away. I can't wait to see you there when we do open!

Take Care,

Beth Hoggard
Office Manager
Cohn Restaurant Group"

M

I've been talking with the Mister Tiki restaurant people for a few weeks now and finally have some hard info. Since this topic is quickly becoming an event, I took the liberty of starting a new thread over in the Tiki Events section of this site with all the new info along with a proposed date for a TC outing. Here's the link:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9085&forum=4&0

ModMana :drink:

L

On 2004-03-16 08:54, Luckydesigns wrote:
...doesn't want to sit around listening to Hawaiian music or exotica all night long. Let's face it, that stuff can put you to sleep real quickly. This may be blasphemous (?) but maybe lounge music with a dance beat to it?

a valid perception.
and one that may be remedied fairly quickly;
there is much "exotica" with an uptempo beat, and many records out there of Polynesian music with a dance beat. We've seen many Tahitian Techno cd's and of course, there is always the plethora of Tahitian drums and dance music offerings to be had...

I have been a fan of Bosko's for quite some time and have purchased from him for years and I've never been invited (sniff, sniff) :( How does one get invited to this shindig?

M

In the words of the wonderful Gilda Radner... "nevermind"

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-06-09 14:48 ]

H

On 2004-06-08 17:48, MachTiki wrote:
Time to start planning a date TC'ers!

You've gotta start hanging out in the Tiki Events forum more often!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9085&forum=4&58

M

Thanks Humuhumu.

I thought the topic was going to be about Bosko's back yard?

Did the Taboo Cove go out of business?

Pages: 1 2 60 replies