Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New York TIKI

Pages: 1 9 replies

Anyone know of anything Tiki in New York? I'll be in the city from March 20 - 26 and haven't left myself time for much research. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Do searches on these really cool places:

Otto's Shrunken Head
Wakiki Wally's
Niagara (tiki in the back)
all three are located off of Ave. A

Make sure you stop in Ridgefield, NJ and visit Chan's Dragon Inn, and swing over to Edgewater for some Shag prints at the Orbit Gallery in Edgewater.

-g-

BasementK!

Hey Sailor Lee,

The Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio will be playing at Otto's Shrunken Head on Monday 3/22 (& every Monday) from 9:30pm - 1am. There's no cover, and Otto's is the coolest tiki bar in NYC. Really great drinks & atmoshere. We will also be playing at Waikiki Wally's Thursday 3/25. Wally's prepares really great authentic polynesian food, and some seriously strong coctails. It's a great place to have dinner. We will be performing our vibraphonic exotica & lounge in front of their indoor cascading waterfall, starting around 9:00. Hope to see you at one or both! I'm the drummer in the band; don't be shy!

Otto's Shrunken Head
538 E. 14th St. & Ave. B (Manhattan)

Waikiki Wally's
101 E. 2nd St. & 1st Ave. (Manhattan)

Check out our website: http://www.fishermansburlesque.com

--tikidrummer

MC

That's right---NYC is the place to be.

I appreciate all of the responses. See you at the Shrunken Head tikidrummer. Hope you bring some of those groovy Fisherman t-shirts. Sorry I couldn't serve up any spam sandwiches for the Tiki Forum Etiquette Police...I'm sure you guys are hungry and sporting itchy trigger fingers. Maybe next time!

Lee,

We might only have the baby-t sizes left, but I'll see what I can do! You can pick up our new CD, though... See ya' on Monday!

--tikidrummer
http://www.fishermansburlesque.com

S
SES posted on Fri, Mar 19, 2004 10:03 PM

Otto's is GREAT!

:)

There's also the Tiki Room on 22nd, although I understand it clientele is predominately based upon "the native (boys) are getting restless."

Pages: 1 9 replies