Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Respect?

Pages: 1 2 3 101 replies

On 2004-03-22 20:26, tikichic wrote:
Copyright protection expires 50 years after your death in the US.

My over-concern with detail begs me to ask, is that both death by natural causes AND murder?

On 2004-03-22 20:26, tikichic wrote:
Copyright protection expires 50 years after your death in the US.

Disney is lobbying to have this extended -- they don't want Mickey Mouse and the other characters in the public domain.

I just wanted to say, i think everyone on tc who has posted pictures of their work is talented. everyone gets their influences from somewhere, most of the time it's from someone else's work. having the courage to pick up a chisel, paintbrush, or whatever for the first time to create something from nothing is the most important thing. i don't think it matters if one particular style has that certain something that makes another person want to create art. all you guys have inspired me to try carving for the first time, and i looked at pics from alot of different sources for reference, and guidance.

L
Lars posted on Tue, Mar 23, 2004 4:36 PM

I was just kidding, I don't really have a ninja throwing star. I wish. I hope that I didn't offend anyone. I do have a bearded axe though.

I was going through some old boxes of stuff from when I was a kid and found some ninja throwing stars. I had a really cool one with a picture of Bruce Lee on it! Old-Skool baby...
Aloha,
:tiki:

L
Lars posted on Tue, Mar 23, 2004 4:52 PM

Lucky. I have a cheap ass samurai sword, and some nunchukas.(nun-chuks, nung-chux, numb-nuts, I don't know.)

(Just wondering how many members actually HAVE one of my paintings?? Oh, well, I'll let it be our little secret.)

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-25 15:04 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 101 replies