Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: What the..!? Yet ANOTHER never before seen Tiki mug

Pages: 1 23 replies

Hey Sven,

That mug is super neato! I hope I get it!

No dis, but it looks like the scarecrow in Wizard of Oz.

cool, the nose kind of reminds me of a koala.

A fellow that works at the Good Eye Gallery in Washington, DC has a strange mug that has a receptacle on the front similar to the ears on yours. I've never seen anything like it, and neither has he. Very interesting. Now I know what it's for!

I like your picture with the dry ice in action. Stuff that smokes or can be lit on fire will always be in demand :)

That sounds like a Spanish mug. They had many more designs with extra dry ice pockets than the American Tiki bars ever did.
You will soon see some more of them on e-bay! Bound to inspire the current mug makers, I bet.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2004-03-24 09:47 ]

Dan is back in town!

On 2004-03-25 20:55, bigbrotiki wrote:
Dan is back in town!

A name that strikes fear into the hearts of other bidders and a warm glow into the heart of the seller!

No doubt my grandchildren will be told in whispered tones of the time I beat Danlovestikis in the quest for a particular mug!

Trader Woody

L
Lars posted on Fri, Mar 26, 2004 1:45 AM

I especially like how you have to mention that it's offered by you, "the author of the Book of Tiki". That's real cool. I wish I cared.

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-26 02:04 ]

I sure hope you are getting lots of pics of these for a BoT2.

On 2004-03-26 01:45, Lars wrote:
I especially like how you have to mention that it's offered by you, "the author of the Book of Tiki". That's real cool. I wish I cared.

I know, I hate to stoop so low in hopes to make some money from my notoriety, since many other people are benefitting from the Tiki revival fuelled by the BOT and I am just looking on smiling.
My girlfriend told me it would help, and she is a good business woman.

L
Lars posted on Fri, Mar 26, 2004 12:39 PM

Well, I surely can't argue with a woman's intuition.

That's real cool. I wish I cared.

:( :-?

L
Lars posted on Fri, Mar 26, 2004 1:09 PM

I don't care who put this up for auction, I think it's REAL UGLY. Sorry. No offense intended.

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-26 13:35 ]

T

Sven is partially responsible for my interest in Tiki culture. I certainly care!

L
Lars posted on Fri, Mar 26, 2004 2:38 PM

Great, then YOU obviously care. Good for you, "Tangaroa". I'm sorry if your panties got bunched. It's just that I have my own mind, to decide what I like, and what I don't. I don't need someone to dictate a set of rules for me. I think it's ugly, sorry. I'd rather buy a mass produced mug, that I actually liked. It would undoubtedly be cheaper, too, which I like. Again, just my opinion, and I obviously am not "high ranking" when it comes to the "Tiki Culture". So who cares what I say?

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-26 15:36 ]

*On 2004-03-26 14:38, Lars wrote:*So who cares what I say?
Evidently, you do for one, as you've managed to post a record-setting 47 times in the 5 days in which you've been a member.

Boohoo, Lars doesn't wanna play (sniff), he wants to be the REBEL...bad Lars!

No, but seriously, I also thought that, since I am introducing a whole NEW SPECIES of Tiki mugs (El mug de Tiki) into the wild, and am providing some historic and visual context with them, I better back that up with my name, so people won't think these are improvised ramblings by someone who just whipped these puppies up in his backyard kiln.

I never said Rope Face was beautiful..but didn't go as far as calling him ugly either...just "weird".

The next ones are gonna be better...wait, there's still the "Picasso"...

Always remember: Today's ugly is tomorrow's cool!

On 2004-03-26 15:47, bigbrotiki wrote:
Always remember: Today's ugly is tomorrow's cool!
FABulous quote! Mind if I steal it for my signature tag, bigbro?

Christ on a pogo stick! Lars needs to take lessons from Bong!

To think I'm actually saying that!

Lars, go set up a "Things Lars Hates"
thread, and riff away baby. We'll all stop in from time to time to count the number of ways we're glad we're not you.

Al

L
Lars posted on Fri, Mar 26, 2004 7:39 PM

Wow, I set a record. Cool. A "things Lars hates" thread probably wouldn't be a good idea. I just hate so many things. Maybe today's hate, is tommorow's love. Maybe hate IS the new love. Hmmm???? Maybe, I'm just ahead of my time.

BTW, Fomikahini, just to keep you updated, it's now 55 posts in the 5 days I've been here.

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-26 21:40 ]

I do think a "Do not feed the troll" sign is in order...

T

I think that's shorthand for "please don't feed people's egos that are trolling for compliments". That doesn't fit the description of anyone in these here parts!

Woo HOOOOOO!

Congrats, Sven!
Now I love that mug even more (its cuteness AND the good it brought you :) )

Wish I'd seen that little guy when I was there.

Pages: 1 23 replies