Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki & Non-Tiki Art by Thorsten Hasenkamm

Pages: 1 5 replies

I was suggested to start a thread that combines all of my paintings instead of starting a new thread for each piece...well let's see if a "combined thread" works better...only question: can I edit the topic?

"The Hula Girl And Her Admirers", Acrylic on PVC, about 30 x 40 cm...

Prints are available in a limited edition of 50, just e-mail me if you're interested [email protected]

Here's a bigger detail to show some of the texture...

...and here's the whole painting...

"The TIKI Art Show"

Acrylic on PVC, 50 x 50 cm (about 20 x 20 inches)...(I hope the file isn't too big this time)...

"The Bored Bartender", Acrylic on PVC, 30 x 30 cm

Prints are available in a limited edition of 50, printed on 200g paper...

I always like to show some detail, so here it is...

Acrylic on PVC, 30 x 40 cm...prints are available in a limited edition of 20...just e-mail me if you're interested in a print...

Here's a big detail...

Some recent Non-Tiki Stuff:

BTW: I also have a few prints left of the "EBONY GIRL" and the "SMOKIN HEAD"...

This is my piece for the " FROM OUTER SPACE " Art Show in April...

"The Parallel Universe", Acrylic on PVC, 30 x 30 cm...prints are also available in a limited edition of 20...

Here's the finished painting...

" Big Gorilla In Little Car ", 30 x 40 cm, Acrylic on PVC...

...here's some detail...

...and the frame (too big to scan the whole frame)...

Hey Thorsten, I like seeing all your work together in one thread, However, It makes for a very slow loading page for those with a low bandwidth. ( I found that out when looking at my thread on a dial up connection) Not sure what the best approach is. As for changing the topic, you should be able to do this when you click on the "edit" button.

Nice work!

I was asked to consolidate my paintings under one thread, but donĀ“t think that is necessarily the best way to go. After a while there will be so many photos the thread takes too long to load for those without a broadband connection.

I have noticed most of the posters in the Creative section of the Tiki Central Forums are concerning carving wooden tiki statues and there is not as much interest in paintings.

[ Edited by: ToonToonz on 2004-03-25 03:48 ]

M

How about posting the pics to shutterfly?

Matt

On 2004-03-25 06:14, mattfink wrote:
How about posting the pics to shutterfly?

Matt

Good idea - have the low-res shutterfly images and then some links to the high res versions on your website. I have the same problem with slow loading.

Trader Woody

Personally I think that a combined thread is not a good idea, wether low bandwidth or not...If someone wants to see my work as a whole she/he can check out my website...starting a new thread for each painting isn't such a problem IMO...like on this board there also isn't only ONE thread for ones carvings/bars/paintings etc...usually the "single-painting-thread" is listed at the top of the forum for a few days, then it's going down anyway...

Pages: 1 5 replies