Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Happy April, Fools...

Pages: 1 9 replies

So what's yer favorite practical joke?

Mine was in college when I needed to get revenge on the guy across the hall for soaking my toothbrush in aftershave. He left his door open so I walked in and hooked up his speakers to my stereo. It just so happened that the carpet in the hallway had a seam right by my door, so I was able to hide the wire easily. Now with every good prank, timing is everything. I waited until 3am, and with a crowd of about 15 people watching, on went the music. As luck would have it, because his speakers were still hooked up to his amp, the signal from mine became pulsed swells, making it sound really creepy. The best part was his girlfriend started freaking out, yelling that the stereo was possessed. He was a few sheets to the wind, so he had trouble getting up to turn it off, and when he did his power button just didn't work (hehe). We left it on for 20 minutes (full blast) then turned it off, let them fall back to sleep, and crank it on up again for another 20 minutes. This went on for about an hour and a half. When I woke up the next morning, I found the speaker wire chopped up into about 1000 pieces.

Ahhh, sweet sweet revenge, uh, I mean memories.

-Z

J

Mine is not as well executed but...when I was 14 my family went on a vacation to the Bahamas and our first morning there happened to fall on April 1st - my mom had decided to play a prank on my dad that morning and to this day it still manages to fool my poor father almost every April Fool's Day. My mom went into her purse and proclaimed "Have you seen my wallet?" My dad unsuspecting of anything replies "No...I didn't see it." My mom in the most serious of expressions and with utter concern in her voice answers with, "My wallet's gone." This is while on vacation mind you and my mom usually carried the majority of cash and credit cards - my dad's face suddenly washed over in worry and dread reacts with a trademark "Jee-sus Christ!" At that point my sister and I unable to control it any longer burst into laughter and the gig was up. So next year we were at home and my mom calmy asks my dad "John, have you seen my wallet?" "No I haven't seen it." "My wallets gone." My dad waited a little longer before responding. "When's the last time you saw it?" "I remember seeing it last night...(suddenly turning concern to anger)I think one of those kids that was here last night must have stolen my wallet!" (This is when I was into skateboarding and hung around with a bunch of scary looking punk/skater misfits that would often come skate at our house) My dad's response, "Jee-sus Christ!"

My mom has continued to use this April Fool's joke about every other year and it never fails to get my dad...my sister told me she was going to break out the old standard this morning. You've heard people say that the only sure things are death and taxes, with my family you can also be sure that when my mom's wallet is gone on April 1st my dad's response will be "Jee-sus Christ!"

This was my granddads idea. We wrapped up a solid block of wood with Christmas wrapping paper and placed it on the sidewalk, then watched from our hiding places. Soon a man from down the street slowly walks closer and closer, looking around, closer, looking around. As he bends over and carefully picks it up we jump out of the bushes and yell "IS IT HEAVY?" IS IT HEAVY?" The guy goes ballistic and runs over to me and grabs me by my collar and says, "I thought it was a bomb"
......yeah right pal....on the sidewalks of Fountain Valley. My sister, who never took crap from anybody, runs over to the guy and says "Take your hands off my brother" He obliged. Sure is nice havin a big sister....Oh yeah this happened last week.

In high school I took my best friends wallet
and saw he had two condoms in it (good place for those). Being the great guy that I am, I took a pin and made about three tiny holes in each one. At this point he's still a virgin and soon after he finds some girl that actually agrees to sleep with him. The big moment arrives and he finds the pin holes in the condoms and loses his chance! He told me he had the worst case of blue balls (bonus!) Strangely, we don't talk anymore...

When I was in college we got 1 guy by moving his room into the elevator. He comes home, pushed the elevator button (too lazy to walk up 1 flight of stairs), & when the door opens there's his room... He was pissed for a week.

A fun prank from my high school days was to put water into 1 of those plunger-operated baby medicine droppers & use it to inject water into someone's Bic lighter. Wet cigarettes are funny!

T

Ha! I'll never forget the time I got my room mate back for the April Fools joke he played on me by ratting me off to Anaheim PD for for having a mondo bag of weed. I did weekend trash pick up for 3 months...

So the next year I wanted to get him back. It was the night before April 1 and after he came back late one night from my girlfriend's house I creeped out the door to my parking spot where he parked his car.

With a razor blade, I made a little slice in his front brake lines, I then quietly crept back into the apartment and slowly shut the door.

I was giddy with anticipation for what I hoped would be the mother of all paybacks!

The next day I found out the hardway he had a serious accident on his way to work. I was sentenced to weekend trash pick up for 3 months...

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-04-01 09:46 ]

8T

One of my favorites (although I will not confess to ever doing it) was a variation of the old loose lid on the salt shaker. You know, where someone unscrews the top of the salt so that the next person to use it gets the whole load on their plate? Well this devious twist actually involves the pepper shaker. You need to be most wary of this in the smoking section of any restaurant because you see, it is the smoker who saves all his ashes and then adds them on top of the black pepper that is the genious of this prank. No one suspects the pepper. hahahahahahahaha

TM1

When I was stationed in pearl harbor, I use to go fishing at night, right off Ford Island, where I lived. I noticed what looked like long cables on the bottom, so out of curiosity I scooped them up. The were not cables, but giant sea worms! We had a guy we did not like too much, and since (like the guys in the movie "super troopers") we loved all practical jokes, someone suggested we put the worms in this guy's rack (bed)When the guy came in after his shift, he got into bed...we were all silent, just waiting...

Soon, the guy emitted a horrible "dog caught in a wood chipper" howl....he had found them alright!!!!

J

On 2004-04-01 09:46, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Ha! I'll never forget the time I got my room mate back for the April Fools joke he played on me by ratting me off to Anaheim PD for for having a mondo bag of weed. I did weekend trash pick up for 3 months...

So the next year I wanted to get him back. It was the night before April 1 and after he came back late one night from my girlfriend's house I creeped out the door to my parking spot where he parked his car.

With a razor blade, I made a little slice in his front brake lines, I then quietly crept back into the apartment and slowly shut the door.

I was giddy with anticipation for what I hoped would be the mother of all paybacks!

The next day I found out the hardway he had a serious accident on his way to work. I was sentenced to weekend trash pick up for 3 months...

:lol:

Here's a prank I've been thinking about for a while: the "Eastern Orthodox" April Fools day. Just play pranks on people on the 8th & tell them it's the Eastern Orthodox April Fools day, just like the Eastern Orthodox Christmas is 1 week later than the Western church's you're following the dictates of the Eastern Church on pranks. I occasionally do this with St. Patrick's day: we show up in an Irish bar on March 24th wearing goofy green hats & shamrock buttons saying "Kiss Me I'm Irish," telling people it's the Eastern Orthodox St. Patrick's Day. I've gotten people to buy me Guiness for celebrating this, they're so proud to learn this "New" holiday.

Pages: 1 9 replies