Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SF Tiki Crawl Night One: Trad'r Sam's/Foggy Grotto

Pages: 1 11 replies

M

Thanks to everyone who made it out last night. I hope y'all had a great time. We really enjoyed ourselves. Sam's Sabotage lived up to it's name as always, and we had a little local color from one of "the regulars". Heather's prints sold like wildfire at the Grotto and the rum flowed freely late into the night.

Extra super hyper special thanks to Trader "Poodle" Pup for the INCREDIBLE new Foggy Grotto Lamp! Must see to believe!

Start posting pictures, folks!

M

And Mig had a blast hangin' with the drunken women in the corner!!

Everybody here is outasite
They don't bark and they don't bite
It's a super natural delight
Everybody dancing in the moonlight

What a great time with a great big beautiful family. Fun fun fun.

The SF Crawl weekend was a blast! Thanks to Martiki, Mig, Melintur, Tiki Mama & anyone else I may have forgotten for putting on such a cool event. The goody bags, laminates and drinks were a nice touch! Nice to see my old NorCal TC Ohana again as well as meeting some new ones.

See y'all at Oasis!

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ Edited by: polynesianpop on 2004-04-05 08:10 ]

Finally, I get to meet the special people that keep me in spirit from just a simple (but incredible) message board. Truly a special group of people and yes JT, Family. I did not meet one rude or distant person (not counting me that is). The only thing that I’m pissed off about, is that it’s over.
Martiki, you get the Big Kahuna Award for your effort, and Mig too. Thanks so much!
Fellow TCers, I love ya and I’m proud to be a part of this tribe.
Only the best to all of you!
Unga

Man what a weekend, trader Vics on Friday was a blast and it was great to meet some new ohana last night. I'm with Unga, the only pisser is that it's all over.
Mahalo Nui Loa to Martin and Mig and everyone else who helped to put the crawl together. Y'all done good!
Aloha,
:tiki:

okay. i was harassed enough for never posting and then being accused of being a lurker. but what ever shall i do about that? how about this posting. and i guess, more to follow.
had a great time and of course will see you all again in palm springs.

H

Hooowee! I had just under FIVE HUNDRED PHOTOS to organize. Yikes! I'll go through to write captions and pull a few out to post here, but in the meantime, here's the pics from Day One:

http://public.fotki.com/Humuhumu/sfcrawl_2004/day_1/

Three-foot goatee, absinthe, bum, 24 hours, artwork, egg rolls, ultimate glass float/pufferfish lamp, PROMOTIONAL COPY, Sabotage, handsaw, scary TikiVixen, three-foot merkin.

M

This night was boring!

H

As promised, here's a few highlights:

Trad'r Sam's:

Mr. Smiley and his three feet of braided nosehair

TikiMama & Heather Mills (who's now posting as Travellin' Tiki, welcome aboard!)

Rebecca (aka Boo Loo), cynfulcynner & Martiki

TikiVixen, Mr. Smiley, a woman who doesn't post on TC and whose name I've forgotten but she was very nice and I liked her, and Pop Ylop's manager

Rebecca, looking strangely calm

TikiMama, almost certainly in the middle of saying something terribly witty

Mig, guarding the World's Girliest Drink (it had whipped cream on top, fer chrissakes!)

Rebecca, Martiki & Mig

Perhaps my favorite aloha shirt ever -- and it's a cowboy shirt, too!

Foggy Grotto:

Martiki serves the very lucky TikiVixen and Mr. Smiley

Modern man in his natural habitat -- behind his home bar

Service with a smile

Martiki models his fez

Rebecca is proud to head the Ladies' Tiki Auxiliary

Martiki finishes making my drink, which featured some quite yummy homemade absinthe

One always knows where to find Mig

Pop Ylop's manager, with his three-foot goatee and Mickey Mouse tshirt

Mig and his three-foot astroboy

A teasing peek at Cynful's three-foot merkin

Pop Ylop's manager discusses the exotica biz with Melintur

AAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Martiki strikes a Maynard-esque pose with his swell new bamboo lamp from Trader Pup (you can't see it in this photo, but Pup carved "Foggy Grotto" in the bamboo by hand)

Martiki has succeeded where so many others have failed... you know you want it

C

Nice work on the lamp Trader Pup. That is a beauty. What tools did you use to carve the Bamboo? Anybody else have pictures of this lamp. Coincidently, I just finished a lamp that is made from bamboo, rope and sea glass. I will post a pic when I get a chance. Once again, killer work on the lamp and Pop Ylop record covers. It was good hanging out again with all you in the SoCal tribe.
Chongolio

K

Additional pictures of "The Foggy Grotto" can be found at: http://www.underpressuredivers.com/ngallery/default.aspx

Enjoy ... Feel free to download full size images and add captions at your leisure.

[ Edited by: kanaloa on 2004-04-07 00:18 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies