A bunch of non tiki Steampunk stuff in this guy's journal:
http://bob-basset.livejournal.com/

Steampunk doll:

Steampunk Dog:

Actually, this helmet almost looks Marquesan:

Buzzy Out!

P
phinz posted on Wed, Oct 13, 2010 3:24 AM

Plenty of steampunk at Dragon*Con this year.

Steampunk superheroes:

Apparition Abolishers:

Star Wars:

My first reactrion is please dont. pick one~ either be tiki or be steam punk. I've seen the tiki/ steampunk crossover happening here in Seattle.
It seems muddled, unclear,and like they're just trying too hard to be 'wacky and different'. Its bad cheesey (like velveeta) not good cheesy (like animals in gogo boots).
But in the end I suppose as long as theyre having fun ......who cares.

Definitely one of the strangest threads I've read on here. I'd have to believe people of the victorian era were intrigued by the sailor's tales from the pacific, but saw the people as savages and below them on a good Christian level.

Don't really see League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as steampunk, if you never read the graphic novels do so immediately and forget the movie was ever made.

TK

steampunk is new to me. but florida is really isolated and ifin ya look at a map we dangle like something gone flaccid. damn carpetbaggin retirees.

From the Disney Park's blog:

"Mike provided me with one last concept drawing for a pin set that will be released at the Sci-Fi Academy event at Disneyland Resort in Summer 2011. Do I see a Steampunk Tiki from Adventureland?!"

Original photo with all five designs here.

Not exactly a tiki/steampunk crossover, but...
We have in Pittsburgh a new roadside attraction with much steampunk, Trundle Manor.
http://twistedeyephoto.com/Trundle/Home/THome.html
With all those vats there must be a Fiji Mermaid in there somewhere, or a couple shrunken heads...

Let's not forget the Tikiccino maker from the Tikis..

M
meega posted on Tue, Oct 19, 2010 7:49 AM

Pages: 1 2 57 replies