Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Von Franco Tiki Show JULY 10th at the Bahooka w/special guests!!!

Pages: 1 2 76 replies

T

Love the picture, so who is all in it?
Cool thanks for the update, I love your hubby's shirt by the way.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-11 23:06 ]

Last night after the room had finally cleared, we did a final sweep of the room. I found the Certificate of Authenticity for the #45 Chalice set. If anyone here lost it, contact me at [email protected]

Erich

great event... lots of new faces in the tiki scene and thrilling to finally see Bahooka packed to the gils... pun intended :)

Thank you Erich for selecting such an appropriate site and orchestrating this artist collaboration. I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed seeing my tiki peeps as well as mixing it up with the greaser crowd. Lots of cool cars and more pompadors than you could shake a stick at.

Thanks Again

CA

great turn out folks!!! good times!!

Thanks for all the support...... just fantastic

here's the as of today newly-weds (Jash&Helen) with their Crazy AL Tiki#70 "Keeper of the Ring: Fairman Tiki"

and the man of the hour that helped get this thing off the ground

I lit up ol' #70 for the die hards at the end of the night... it would have been a bad scene if some yelled "Fire!" earlier...........

THANKS AGAIN!!!

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2004-07-11 22:40 ]

Another classic Al!
Great job.

TB

Great pictures Al. I'm surprised that one I took of you and Von Franco even came out. It's tough to look through a camera's view finder with any certainty after a couple Head Shrinkers and a Zombie. Yeah the place was packed beyond all expectations. We actually got lucky with a parking space right down the street. We saw some people trekking from several blocks down! My reservations were at 8:00, and we finally got seated at 9:30. No worries, though. We met a lot of great people, and had a wonderful time. My personal highlight of the evening was watching King Kukulele throw his uke at unsuspecting passersby in the parking lot. He never did get anyone to drop their drinks. Gut busting fun! Kudos to Eric, the artists, and the Bahooka for such a swell event. Hope everyone else had as much fun as we did.

[ Edited by: Tiki Brad on 2004-07-12 08:56 ]

D

did anybody get a photo of the "mystery machine" that was in the parking lot outside?

Hey what would it take to get a 8x10 copy of that picture of Al and Von Franco signed by both? That picture rocks! So glad Tiki Brad got it. Great picture Brad for your state of being at the time!

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-12 10:23 ]

To Our California Ohana,

We can't say enough about the fun time we had this weekend. It was so great to meet so many of you and be able to put names with faces. Each person we met introduced us to at least 2 or 3 others. It was really incredible. Can't remember a time where we have been so welcomed, we'll definitely be making the trip out to Cali more often.

The Bahooka was awesome. We ended up visiting 3 times in the 2 days we were there and they took great care of us. They reserved the perfect table for us, where quite a few us of TC-ers gathered
throughout the night. The drinks and food are exceptional. We highly recommend visting this tiki treasure.

Erich, Von Franco, and the others sponsoring the show were great. We came home with so many cool things. The only problem is we need to figure out where to put it all.

Thank you everyone for a wonderful time. Each person we met made it well worth the long drive and the LA traffic.

vwtikigirl and SeekingTiki

[ Edited by: vwtikigirl on 2004-07-12 10:43 ]

Here is a really bad picture of the mystery machine. I think I had a few bahooka bowls in me at the time.

http://www.tikibug.com/L/mystery.jpg

On 2004-07-11 14:01, ErichTroudt wrote:
Last night after the room had finally cleared, we did a final sweep of the room. I found the Certificate of Authenticity for the #45 Chalice set. If anyone here lost it, contact me at [email protected]

Erich

Hey Modmana, is that your Certificate? Had a great time at the Bahooka, Will definitley hit you up for a shirt Erich.

The owner of #45 contacted me and its in the mail.

But....we found another. Von Franco picked it up off the floor during the show.

It's number #34.

And...Bamboo Ben found #32 on one of his bars.

Email [email protected]

Erich

[ Edited by: ErichTroudt on 2004-07-12 16:52 ]

BAHOOKA WAS A BALAST! Many mahalos to all involved in creating that magical evening. What a treat to see Bahooka filled with crazy tikiphiles. I'll pull out some pics to post in a bit, but here's the whole mess of them to keep you busy:

http://public.fotki.com/Humuhumu/von_franco_at_bahooka/

N

I would just like to mention that I thought Bamboo Bens bars were absolutley amazing. The style of each bar was to kool for words. He is one heck of an artist and craftsman. He deserves props for those kick ass bars.

TB

On 2004-07-13 13:01, net-tiki wrote:
I would just like to mention that I thought Bamboo Bens bars were absolutley amazing. The style of each bar was to kool for words. He is one heck of an artist and craftsman. He deserves props for those kick ass bars.

I second that, i especially liked the Tiki Farm broken mug bar, who was the lucky TCer to buy that? The Aquarium Bar was also very cool. Great work Ben!

Another vote here for the broken-tiki-mug bar by Ben. All the bars were really great, but this one was my favorite.

Ran

Thanks for the photos Humu
Now I can remember what it looks like when I used to drink.
An asprin please!

Here are a few pics, courtesy of Tony Huntimer.

Just to let everyone know.....Those of you who order and paid for T-shirts at the Bahooka that night, orders are being shipped out as I speak. This includes people TC people who ordered them and sent your money.

So watch your mail boxes.

Those of you who ordered and have not sent your money yet, the t-shirts are ready and waiting for payment.

Thanks

Erich

Here are my incredibly bad photos from that night. Almost all of these were taken in the parking lot.

Our host for the evening, Erich (who was definitely wearing the swankest shirt)

The man of the hour, Von Franco, with Futura Girl

Von Franco & me

chikitiki/Tiki Diablo

Naomi from 8-ball

Lizzie (C'Al's better half) & Stephanie (Tiki Diablo's better half)

I loved this woman's hair

Wersmo Derinc & smogbreather

Von Franco, Futura Girl & smogbreather

King Kukulele & me

It looks like I'm biting King's neck, but I think I'd remember that. I hope I'd remember that. Anyway, it looks like I have been biting. I have not been biting.

Dolphin Tiki & Doctor Z

Mrs. Bamboo Ben & me

Doctor Z & vwtikigirl

The lovely vwtikigirl & SeekingTiki

vwtikigirl & SeekingTiki--he can't be very effective seeking with his eyes closed like that

TikiBird & UtopianDreem

Brad & me

So there you go! Unfortunately, my camera didn't come out until late in the evening, so I missed getting photos of most of the people who were there. It's probably just as well, it was really too crowded to be taking pictures. It was a wonderful, wonderful time. Mahalo again!

Humuhumu - thanks for posting the pics. Bahooka was a great time and it was so cool to finally meet you in person after seeing so many pictures.

vw

T

Erich, just wondering when to start looking for the print and the shirt? Let me know when you can thanks.

I'm surprised you haven't gotten it yet. It left here on 7/22.

Let me know if you don't get it soon.

Erich

T

Will do Erich thanks, kind of why I wanted to ask, the postal system being what it is, they might be to busy with figuring how much to raise a stamp again to actually worry about doing the mail. :wink:

Hi,
I currently run an international publication called 1313 Magazine "The Phantom Monster Show" that's dediacted to horror, tiki and kustom kulture.

Regardless, Holded at Tiki Farm just did a review of Von Franco's Bahooka Night
for our upcoming 3rd issue. I was wondering if any of you might be interested in giving us a few of your photo's from
the event? I would get them from Franco himself but he's currently out of town.

If your interested please send me a 200 dpi photo. I'll give you credit and a free copy. We just started by a Tiki section
in the issue which includes an article by Tiki Farm and special interview with Franco.

Thank you,

Mister Monster

T

Erich got the stuff, print a lil dinged somehow (think my postal carrier has it for me with all of the packages I get), that tube was pretty sturdy lookin, the T-shirt is sweet, thanks for everything, maybe next year I will get the chance to be there in person.

Bringing up a blast from the past. Anyone out there have pics of those bars I built?? Many Alohas if someone does :wink:

Pages: 1 2 76 replies