Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disneyland Tahitian Terrace collectible pin avail. May 9

Pages: 1 2 replies

Just read the following article in my Annual Passholder newsletter. Evidently Disneyland will be giving a new collectible Tahitian Terrace pin to any Annual Passholder who shells out $20 or more at any of the parks participating restaurants. The pin looks really nice - reminiscent of the artwork on the old Tahitian Terrace menu. I just wanted to alert other Disneyland Annual Passholders.

Tikibelle and I will probably pick ours up sometime soon after Tiki Oasis, if anyone would like to join us. Of course, if anyone else feels crazy enough to pay us to eat at Disneyland restaurants all day, we'd be happy to pick one up for you too.:wink:

Here's the article and a closeup of the pin:

Ha! First they tear it down and then they sell you pins to "embrace the past"...
It was not open only in the 50s and 60s, I went there as late as August '91 and saw the Tahitian dancers appear through the waterfall..

This design is from the original menu, very good looking, probably because it was designed by Jody Daily, who did the Pol. Pop evolution chart in the BOT, or Kevin Kidney, the Miehana inventor and illustrator of Intoxica.

T

That makes sense - Kevin & Jody rule!

I don't collect pins - but that one is pretty nice!

Pages: 1 2 replies