Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

May 1 Pink Panther Party

Pages: 1 13 replies

I am moving out of my Eichler home in May and would like to invite my friends for one last round of cocktails...

THEME: Pink Panther Party: We'll listen to Henry Mancini all night long and anyone who wants to venture into the pool with their clothes on - bring something to change into :) Tipsy sleepovers are welcome...

MANDATORY Dress Code: Black Tie, Fancy Evening Wear, or an outrageous masquerade costume (suit of armor, zebra, gorilla, etc.)

Date and Time: Saturday, May 1, 2004 9pm to the wee small hours

Non-alcoholic Pink Panther Punch and the many different means to spike it will be provided...

BRING: POT LUCK nibbles, appetizers and sweets (veggie friendly is preferred, thanks!)

If you are musically inclined, bring your instrument and talent along!

Email me or PM me for the secret invite page as I don't want to post my phone and address on the net :)

RSVP: NOT Necessary and new friends are welcome if they are willing to dress up and enter into the spirit of the ocassion...

THIS JUST ADDED!!!
Lounge Performer Buddy Worth will be gracing us with a few songs... and get your jollies - bashing the Pink Perro Pinata with fabulous prizes inside!!!

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2004-05-03 16:05 ]

H

Sounds deluxe! I'm supposed to be in Indio for Coachella that weekend, but I'm considering giving my tix to someone else in favor of staying in town. If I do stay in town, I don't want to miss Fisherman at the Purple Orchid, so I may arrive on the quite-late side. How late will this swank soiree go?

LATE!!!
as in all night...

Are you moving to the Ranchero in Vegas? Buzzed around Lotta Livin'earleir but couldn't find what was up. Man, I wish I could afford to hire you two cause you's werk your arsses off! What ever is up, keep up the good werk!

Well, although I'm in Vegas now, I don't know if that's where I'll end up? Although with TikiPug and InkyLouise moving to Vegas and tonight I just heard about another pal of mine moving here from Seattle in June... I'm tempted to stay awhile at least.

Thanks Ben... One of the things I love 2 do is visualizing home improvement - should have got a contractor's or interior design license, but shucks who wants to go back to school.

FG, I wish you the very best in your future plans. I'm sure that you and CC will knock 'em dead with whatever you do. I sure wish I could attend the May 1 shindig...

http://www.samgambino.com

Does anyone know anyone who does a decent inspector clouseau impersonation?

[ Edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2004-04-29 11:23 ]

A.C. what was that?

any photos from this swingin' shindig?

H

The party was a blast! We went until dawn, literally. I didn't arrive until 3 a.m., and I finally went to sleep as the sun was rising, then left at 10 a.m. Futura Girl was the most fabulous hostess, she knows how to throw one seriously swingin' party! Perhaps someone else has pictures from the 9 p.m.- 3 a.m. shift?

Sabu the Coconut Boy:

Gil, Tiki-Ti regular & webmaster:

TikiVixen with a friend of Futura Girl's:

Sabu & Tikibelle:

Me & my date:

Sabu & I:

TikiVixen dances with her boyfriend as TraderPup looks on:

And then things started to get a little out of control, as some of Futura Girl's guests decided they didn't need to be wearing pants, and everyone got in the pool!

Futura Girl with friends:

Tikibelle, TraderPup & TikiVixen chatting in the pool:

Gil takes a swim (tuxedo & all):

This has got to be my favorite picture of TraderPup:

I pulled up my skirt & hopped in, too:

The party continues with TraderPup & Futura Girl dancing to Mancini:

Our hostess takes a little breather from the festivities by relaxing on the floor with some boas & a guest or two:

TraderPup explores his Holly Golightly side:

The serene morning after:

One of the tikis who watched over us:

Thanks for the fantastic time, Futura Girl! Can't wait for the housewarming party in the new place.

envy

:)

UB

I knew I was going to be pissed that I could not make this party.
Humuhumu confirmed it.
Thanks for the pics!

T

What a great night.....

From Saturday morning, 'til late Sunday night, I only got 1 hour sleep......

Pages: 1 13 replies