Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Shecky Reunion at Oasis?

Pages: 1 20 replies

DZ

Is anyone planning on bringing their Shecky to Oasis?

For everyone that is, I thought it might be a cool idea to meet at some point and take a group picture of just the Shecky's! Since Shecky owners are coming from points both near and far, if we all bring our beloved mascot with us, it would be a "mug reunion" of sorts: the first time they'd be together since they were made & shipped from Munktiki, doncha know...

Whadda ya think?

T

I'm in! Shecky was going to come with us to vacation in Vegas anyway, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind making a cameo at Tiki-O.

A

I'll bring mine.
Mahalo,
Al

TB

Will do... Got the special traveling case for it!

Have Shecky, will travel.

DZ

With just a few days remaining (yesss - the countdown has begun!), I thought I'd bump this one back up.

Comparing the Shecky Registry with the "Oasis Attendees" list, I see there's at least 27 Sheckys whose owners are coming this weekend.

Don't leave your Sheckys behind! They deserve to meet up with each other just as much as we do!

D

Shecky #105 will be there...

TB

It looks like the registry needs updating too.

T

Just got back from a trip to the Carib and was thinking about the same thing as I lamented that my Shecky has not been unpacked yet after moving last week.

I don't remember, but was the lovely fishtique from Toronto going to make it? I know I would like to have #33's picture taken with her.

Trustar

T

Should we set a time and place now for the reunion? Otherwise it might get crazy-go-nuts and hard to track everyone down. How about on Saturday late p.m?

T

Tikigreg

I don't know about late Saturday night. I don't have a helmet for Shecky yet.

Trustar

TB

Probably will have to be in the late morning or early afternoon time, the schedule of is pretty packed. What time were you thinkin Z?

DZ

I was thinkin' a poolside meeting, Saturday before the vending starts. Maybe 10-ish would be good daylight for the photo op? We can always re-convene for a nighttime shot as well.

Of course, it depends on when folks get up -with the Zombie Taste-Off not even starting until 11:00 Friday night, some Shecky owners might not make it outta bed before noon...

Unless they're still up!!

T

10ish on Saturday sounds good. What say all others?

T

Shecky # 124 will be attending.

TB

I should be awake for that! #92 will be there.

Tbird.

Are there any pictures of the reunion?

Did you guys do the reunion?

DZ

Well, the reunion was sparsely attended, most likely due to the fact that "10-ish by the pool" was not all that definite a time or place. We did however have three attendees: the Shecky's of Doctor Z, TikiBird and Alnshely (#'s 96, 92 and 115, respectively) were there. We took many photos around the Tropics, and at some point I'll post 'em.

The proposed "nighttime photo shoot" never materialized, frankly because the drinking had commenced, and #96 was having too much fun in the room.

My apologies to those Shecky's that travelled from afar to attend, only to miss out. We know you were there in spirit!

I assure you, the next reunion will be much more organized, with a commitee overseeing such things as invitations and rsvp cards, limo service, plus dinner and dancing (just like a REAL reunion).

D

Man!!! I think I was at Oasis, I am pretty sure I was at the right place?!?! It was at Caliente Tropics...May 7th, Tiki Oasis IV? Right? How did I miss almost everyone of TC's organized events? Where the hell was I? Grrrr! :evil:
I am happy to hear a one...a tahoo...a three Shecky's got to hook up and reminisce! :sheckymug: :sheckymug: :sheckymug:

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-05-19 17:12 ]

M

Shecky #149 made the trip to Oasis but he was too tipsy to remember the time and place for the reunion. :(

Pages: 1 20 replies