Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Vintage Aloha Wear for sale

Pages: 1 6 replies

I recently (like TODAY) purchased a lot of vintage aloha shirts with the sole intent of bringing them to the oasis to help a few TCers get decked out in the preferred uniform. Unfortunately, I did not decide to do this until all the vendor space was sold out (I dont really have that much product anyway)

I will bring this lot of shirts with me and if any of your are interested in trying something on and buying one, just let me know and we can coordinate a time. I am pricing them all at $20 each.

These are all mens shirts and range in size from Medium to XL.

Most of them are barkcloth and all are vintage. Ui Mai Kai, Don Loper, Sears, Pomare Tahiti, Iolani and more.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-04-25 16:57 ]

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-04-25 21:01 ]

[ Edited by: monkeyman on 2004-04-26 14:25 ]

DZ

BeeeeeeeeUUUUUUUUtiful! Me want, me want!!

Monkeyman, when are you gettin' to the Tropics? I'll be there Thursday, and I'd like to meet up with you as soon as you're there and settled! Lemme know!

Heir Doctor,

I will be arriving on Thursday evening. Thanks for the interest.

MB

MonkeyMan: Quote:

I recently (like TODAY) purchased a lot of vintage aloha shirts with the sole intent of bringing them to the oasis to help a few TCers get decked out in the preferred uniform. Unfortunately, I did not decide to do this until all the vendor space was sold out (I dont really have that much product anyway)

I will bring this lot of shirts with me and if any of your are interested in trying something on and buying one, just let me know and we can coordinate a time. I am pricing them all at $20 each.

Most of them are barkcloth and all are vintage. Ui Mai Kai, Don Loper, Sears, Pomare Tahiti, Iolani and more.

Baby Doe: Quote:
There are no more vending tables available. Sorry! We have over 25 vendors this year so that is a full house. Sooo cool! I can't wait to break open my piggy bank and go hog crazy!

We will be sending this info out at later dates but I wanted to remind folks that NO vending should take place in any of the Caliente Tropics rooms. We feel that it really takes away from the special marketplace and it isn't really fair to vendors who have paid money to have a vending space. Please be respectful of this.

Mrs. Bamboo: Post: today, right now :)

Not quite sure why you are not understanding the policy, Monkeymon. You deleted your last post when Bamboo Ben basically, in a rare, kind way, educated you on how this all works.
The ship is sailing, and apparently you're not aboard. Maybe next year.
Aloha

Do me a favor Mrs B and leave my posts alone. It seems that nothing I do agrees with you or Ben and you often have something to say about it. I am simply bringing the shirts. If somebody sees this post and asks me about them thats great. Otherwise no one will see them and I will take them home. There is not any vendor space left anyway and realistically, I dont think that 25 shirts is enough to rent a booth anyway.

I purchased the shirts from a local retailer because he did not want to cart them out to Palm Springs to the Oasis event. I thought that my fellow TCers would be looking for shirts exactly like these. I am trying to be a good guy and make them available. I did not scour thrift stores for these at $1 apiece. I paid a few hundred dollars for shirts I dont need so that others might buy one. The price I am selling them for is barely more than I paid for them.

I have also spent several hours of my time putting together a collage board to donate to the caliente tropics when the event is finished. I have invested more than $120 in supplies (photo paper, inkjet cartridges, expensive craft glue, paint). I will spend a good portion of my time at the event collecting photos of my esteemed Tiki Central members and assembing them on the collage.

Photo Board

I spend my time doing it because I like the people in this group. I am just giving that money and time away for nothing because I feel that it is worthwhile.

Just for once go rain on someone elses parade.

Good grief!!

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-04-25 23:03 ]

MB

Do me a favor Mrs B and leave my posts alone. It seems that nothing I do agrees with you or Ben and you often have something to say about it. I am simply bringing the shirts. If somebody sees this post and asks me about them thats great. Otherwise no one will see them and I will take them home. There is not any vendor space left anyway and realistically, I dont think that 25 shirts is enough to rent a booth anyway.

I purchased the shirts from a local retailer because he did not want to cart them out to Palm Springs to the Oasis event. I thought that my fellow TCers would be looking for shirts exactly like these. I am trying to be a good guy and make them available. I did not scour thrift stores for these at $1 apiece. I paid a few hundred dollars for shirts I dont need so that others might buy one. The price I am selling them for is barely more than I paid for them.

I have also spent several hours of my time putting together a collage board to donate to the caliente tropics when the event is finished. I have invested more than $120 in supplies (photo paper, inkjet cartridges, expensive craft glue, paint). I will spend a good portion of my time at the event collecting photos of my esteemed Tiki Central members and assembing them on the collage.

Photo Board

I spend my time doing it because I like the people in this group. I am just giving that money and time away for nothing because I feel that it is worthwhile.

Just for once go rain on someone elses parade.

Good grief!!

Just posted the whole speech so ya don't just, well, delete.
Do you also own a white horse? Just curious.
Otto and BabyDoe are not "come as you please and sell as you please" organizers, and this is not a swap meet. This is "the" extreme coordinated event. A lot of time and effort goes into Tiki Oasis, thanks to these two. Vendors purchase a space and participate in the event AS PLANNED. I have no other way to put it to you. Don't come back on me for your idiotic thoughts of selling some shirts. You've heard the news from BabyDoe and yet you have an idea to skirt around their event; and blame me. DOH!

Well, it will be a most EXCELLENT Oasis!
ALOHAAAHHHAAHAHA
Mrs.Bamboo!!!

On 2004-04-25 16:57, Monkeyman wrote:

"NO vending should take place in any of the Caliente Tropics rooms. We feel that it really takes away from the special marketplace and it isn't really fair to vendors who have paid money to have a vending space. Please be respectful of this.

Cheers! "

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-04-25 16:57 ]

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-04-25 21:01 ]

[ Edited by: monkeyman on 2004-04-26 14:25 ]

The POINT IS........Vend out of your room (or anywhere else on the property) and YOU ARE RIPPING OFF all 30 of the Vendors!! THINK about it. The "Secret Tiki Oasis Vending Police" are onto you!!

Pages: 1 6 replies