Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele's Tiki Taix III April 30th!!

Pages: 1 10 replies

I know what you're thinking. Why hasn't the King posted info about Tiki Taix III yet??? (It's too big!) I think it may still be too early to post....so look for more details tomorrow, below this line. There will only be 1 Tiki Taix III.

Tiki Taix is going International!!
In August of 2003, Poly Pop had a 1 year birthday luau for lovely, little Sydney. Who would have dreamed that anyone would want to be a party crasher at a 1 year olds birthday party...well THEY’RE BACK! All the way from Nevers, France we dedicate this episode of Tiki Taix to THE PARTYCRASHERS Vincent and Katell “Mr. and Mrs. TikiFrog” who will be presiding over tonights festivities. Please welcome them back to paradise with a mai tai at Tiki Taix!

Friday April 30th, 10PM. No Cover

Check out the debut performance of the Internationally unclaimed “Three Tiki Tenors” live!

AND!

Witness November 11th, 2001, Elks Lodge Wai Ki Ki. This is never before seen footage of the final public appearance of legendary vibes master Arthur Lyman as he reunites for the first time in 40 years with Martin Denny to perform their hit “Quiet Village” one last time. Sitting in are members of the band Colon featuring Lopaka Colon, son of Auggie Colon, and ukulele master Jake Shimabukuro.

ALSO!

"The Mai Kai Gents featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa" will meet you at the Elks Lodge in “Wai Ki Ki” and bring you back to Tiki Taix.

PLUS!

We will be watching the door for a surprise visitor from the Far Side...of the country. He may be carrying some bones.

AND!

A live sattelite feed from the TIKI TI !!! (Plumbing permitting!)

ALSO!

King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis featuring Riki Kon Tiki, Jonny Kalua, and Hanauma Jay will perform on the walls for you. Including songs never performed live from their new album.

AND!

Our Travelling Tiki Tour camera flys you to another continent for a tour of a Nevers before seen Tiki Home Bar!!!

PLUS!

Living Legend Bill Tapia the 96 year old Hawaiian ukulele player joined us in concert for last months Tiki Taix II. Six days later you may have seen his life story in the LA Times. Tonight watch a tape of our friend “Tappy” being inducted into the Ukulele Hall of Fame in Santa Cruz, CA. last Friday.

Join us for this one night only night one time. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

[ Edited by: KING KUKULELE on 2004-04-28 04:00 ]

yeeeeOOOWWWW! That IS big.

Woweee, wow! What a line-up! I can't wait to see that video of the Lyman/Denny get-together. So glad to hear the TikiFrogs will be there; great folks. See you at Tiki Taix!

-Weird Unc

T

See you there!

Tikifrog -- my international guests to Sydney's Tiki Birthday Spectacular, good to hear you are back in town. I'll see you at Tiki Taix on Friday as well!!

The many faces of the KING.

TIKI soul bro # 1

the serious side

THE MAN ABOUT TOWN. This wahine was actually giving Kuke her phone number. Area code " two........, well she did give him the "digits"

the man and his art.

OH sheet! That girl is here?!!?

A happy boy after the date!

And yes y'all can catch the King at Tiki Taix this friday too!

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-04-29 23:27 ]

So THAT'S what he was doing while in Europe (the sideburns and eyebrows give it away)!

Phine Photos! King Kukulele caught in the act (caught in the shtick is more like it!). Can't wait for tonight, it's really gonna be something super. By the way... The Maikai Gents will be selling our new playful-swayful stickers tonight at Tiki Taix. They make fine stocking stuffers, uke case decor or even cocktail coasters(if laminated) AND 100% of the proceeds go to fund our upcoming recording. Fun stuff! See you tonight.

-GROGG!

Holy Mackerel,
Those are some eyebrows. Well ChikiTiki you have finally resorted to posting blackmail pictures! That was a wonderful evening at the Brand Spanking New Berlin Trader Vics, well its actually not Brand New but it still is Spanking New...didn't you get spanked there Chiki? Oh yeah about those Mai Kai gent stickers, I love them, I actually am a big fan of the artwork of the inimitable (whatever that means) Kevin Kidney, and as soon as I get my new Ukulele case this wonderful artwork is going to be the first sticker on it. My old case is tattered and torn but has a million storys to tell. Viva la MKG's and viva la KK...Kevin Kidney that is!

H

Pics from Tiki Taix III:

The Lovely Tina, Tina, Floratina:

Futura Girl, holding a pink mystery animal piñata:

Chikitiki:

Some of the crowd:

Polynesian Pop and his lovely wahine:

The Incredible Shrinking Alnshely:

King Kukulele & his even Friki-er than usual Friki Tikis

A relative of C.B. Howlie:

I can't tell if this is Iuka Grogg or WeirdUncleTiki (sorry, guys, you look so much alike!):

All the way from France, the TikiFrogs!

Shell in the Pacific tells us all about Princess Pupuli's Papaya (apparently, she has enough to share):

Mrs. Pop:

OMG!!!POPYLOP,AAAAAAH!!!!OMGOMGAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Oops! Almost forgot... per usual, more pics are here:

http://public.fotki.com/Humuhumu/tiki_taix_iii/

I had it all backwards -- the best bed is the one that's stumbling distance from Tiki-Ti, or the Mai Kai, or the Lagoon Room, or the Alibi, or the Kon Tiki, or...
Critiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-05-03 15:18 ]

Pages: 1 10 replies