Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Another shirt that was not my size but to awesome to pass up

Pages: 1 3 replies

Man I just payed 95 cents for this shirt. I payed more for shipping. We have got to set up something for trading stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3908823934&category=2003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

Gee, that's a swell shirt! Congrats on the purchase. You know... that probably would fit a certain "weird unc" if you're looking to perhaps make a trade or something. Seeing as that it doesn't fit you and all. Let me know if you're interested. You've got my info if you want to get in touch. I'm just saying.

-Weird Uncle Tiki

I think a Trades thread's been tried 2ce before in the Collecting Tiki Forum without much success. It seems to be the nature of trading: people trade all they have to trade, then it peters out until people have more stuff to trade. Trading isn't a non-stop thing, it's more of a start 'n' stop thing. What would work better is something like the old fur trapper/Mountain man Rendezvouz: you save up your "trade goods" & then 1ce or 2ce a year get together to trade them. I assume people'll bring some items to trade to Tiki Oasis & Hukilau; maybe someone could volunteer their room as the "trade room," and say "bring your stuff to trade between these hours on these days. No sales, no vending, no rip-offs, no kidding."

Maybe we could designate the week before (or after) International Tiki Day as the International Electronic Tiki Trade Rendezvous: everyone posts their Tiki & Beyond Tiki trade items together, the PMs & emails'll fly back & forth, everyone swaps what they have for what they want (you have 25 year old Barbados Rum & want 1/2 a dozen Spanish tiki mugs or you have a home-made tapa cloth swag lamp & need Sabu's Mr. T Chia Head...), and hopefully more people're happy when it's done then when it started.

On 2004-04-27 23:56, weirduncletiki wrote:
that probably would fit a certain "weird unc" if you're looking to perhaps make a trade or something.

I'll drop ya line soon. I've gotten a couple of shirts that were Mediums that were just to awesome to let someone else have. If I can't have em another TC member should.

Pages: 1 3 replies