Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

LAST MINUTE EFFORT... Save Kulak's Woodshed

Pages: 1 1 replies

Just got his in my email...

Mary-Margaret -

I've never sent an email with such short notice in my life, but this is important, and I just found out 5 minutes ago.

In TWO HOURS AND 45 MINUTES - at 6:30pm on Wednesday, April 28, I hope you can show up in person to:

11724 Addison St
Valley Village, CA 91607

... because we need to save Kulak's Woodshed, one of the best venues in Los Angeles.

The details are at the bottom of this email.

(Don't know Kulak's Woodshed? You should! Click here:
http://www.kulakswoodshed.com/)

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SHOW UP. Once there, many other musicians will be voicing their support for why this is an important venue to remain open, and not let it disappear for a silly little thing like parking permits. (Especially since even the neighbors are in support of it!) If you know the Woodshed, it'd be nice if you could say a few words, but I think even showing up at all will be worth it.

And maybe we can all go out to a diner afterwards. :)

I sent a letter to Wendy Gruel at the L.A. City Council like Paul Kulak had asked. I chastised the City Council for making a big stink about their parking issues. I own an automotive repair facility in Chatsworth, and the City of L.A. is constantly making things miserable for the local business owners with a fees, a taxes, or some sort of stupid regulation of some sort. Greig Smith (my local councilman) seems to be one of only a few on the council that has a brain in his head. He seems to fight for common sense issues. If you want to see the e-mail I sent Ms. Gruel, just let me know. I'll e-mail it to you. And you are right on when you say it's imperitive that we save these fledging venunes that give struggling artists a place to show their wares. I'm a musician myself and play around town every now and then, so I can completely relate. Kudos to you for showing you care!!!

Pages: 1 1 replies