Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Not tiki, but freaky: REALLY bad Country Music Wax Museum on eBay

Pages: 1 13 replies

As long as we're putting up hairy guys in wedding dresses on eBay, I thought I had to share this with you all. I've already sent it to a number of TC friends, but I KNOW there are more out there who can appreciate:

• a really really really fem Porter Waggoner and Roy Acuff
  • a corpse-like pasty-faced Randy Travis and Mel Tillis
  • Charlie Pride with lip gloss
  • a rather excellent Bocephus
  • Johnny Cash that looks like both Bono and Falling James
  • and hands that look, well, like they belong in a wax museum. (I dig the way most are in this Spock Live-long-and-prosper position.)

If I could scrape up the money, I could make it back in a week just by charging my friends to pose with the figures for photos.

There are TONS of pictures, but they are all pure gold. Get ready to turn down the sound; it's Dueling Banjos with an easy-listening track on top of it. Really:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2393694283&category=15825&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

T

That Roy Acuff really frightens me! No, I think startled would be a better word.

TC

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2004-05-03 07:25 ]

TC

oh shit that's awesome! i wish i could afford to bid. it would be great to have some of these figures sitting & standing at my home bar. drankin' w/ george jones & hank sr. would be a life long dream come true!

btw, did you know that roy clark was an extra in planet of the apes?

EEEK!

The Crystal Gayle figure looks like Morticia.

-Z

On 2004-05-03 06:59, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
EEEK!

-Z

and that's a bad thing -? :)

UB

On 2004-05-03 07:05, Johnny Dollar wrote:

EEEK!

-Z

Carolyn Jones (aka Morticia) was a babe.

On 2004-05-03 07:05, Johnny Dollar wrote:

EEEK!

-Z

No, I didn't mean the actress who played Morticia, I just meant that the wax figure looked like there was a new "Goth-Hick" trend happening. Struck me funny.

Sheesh! :roll:

-Z

no goofin' on ya intended, just playing around :) i agree with you totally 'bout the goth-hick look, and i'm sure it has to exist somewhere if you look hard enough ~

Creepy. Almost as bad as those Quizno's chupacabra monkey things.

We have a huge wax museum here in Victoria, always kinda freaked me out. Like clowns and mimes. Shudder.

D

Creepola!!! It looks like freshman from the "Noble Art of Wax Carving College" did those-too many crazy mind pictures!

On 2004-05-02 16:30, Formikahini wrote:

You mean Falling James of Leaving Trains and Courtney Love ex-husband fame? Wow, didn't think anyone else here knew who he was.

Formika, sorry to hear we won't see you this year in Palm Springs.

On 2004-05-05 09:12, vintagegirl wrote:

On 2004-05-02 16:30, Formikahini wrote:

You mean Falling James of Leaving Trains and Courtney Love ex-husband fame? Wow, didn't think anyone else here knew who he was.

Formika, sorry to hear we won't see you this year in Palm Springs.

VG, you'd be surprised how many people here know Falling James. I've seen Leaving Trains somewhere between 1/2 dozen & 10 times, both before & after the Prom Queen look. A quick show of hands on Leaving Trains/Falling James fans?

D

in a word...INSANE!!!

Pages: 1 13 replies