Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

MSG

Pages: 1 6 replies

my wahine told me that recently some 'researchers' found that msg was a fifth flavo(u)r! i mean, there's sweet, salty, sour, bitter, and now some weird new word. i'll take that with a grain of salt, pardon the pun...

i love 'chinese' food, and don't bother checking the msg content... but i've noticed recently that after eating general tso chicken or whatever, i almost always have pychotronic dreams... but maybe that's the chilis.

i dunno, i just had msg on my mind.

As far as I know, that's true.
My wife is a Foodie and she can go on and on (and on :roll:) about the subject. And while I'm at it, we went to an asian food distributor in a slightly shady part of town recently. Many of the expiration dates were from 2001, jars' lids were leaking, and crabs were running free on the floor, but I just couldn't pass up buying a 5 pound bag of pure MSG. I have no idea what I'm gonna use it for, but I couldn't leave without it.

-Z

[ Edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2004-05-05 07:51 ]

what's the street value? :)

like miami vice - the bad guys with 50 ki's of pure msg in their speedboat

I wonder if MSG might be good in Trader Vic's Bullshot cocktail? It could be a whole new use for the stuff...

BULLSHOT
1 oz. vodka
1/4 oz. lemon juice
1 barspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 dash Tabasco sauce
Beef bouillion

Put vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and Tabasco in a fizz glass over 1 large cube of ice. Fill with chilled bouillion. Stir well. Decorate with lemon wedge.

-Z

M

....the fifth flavor....CRAP!

On 2004-05-05 09:26, mattfink wrote:
....the fifth flavor....CRAP!

this theory lends a scientific edge to "this tastes like CRAP!"

UB

Pages: 1 6 replies