Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

NEW tiki/tropical fantasy artist introducing myself~~~

Pages: 1 13 replies

T

Hello all..it was highly recommended by a number of members and fellow tiki buisesses that I introduce myself to this cool site. I am a fomer Disney Imagineer/artist that is developing a series of tropical fantasy paintings. I am exclusive in Hawaii to a publisher and gallery, but soon will be exploring publishing the art here as well on my own. Offering less expensive litho's etc. than the originals and Giclee's. Check it out..they are exotic tree houses, bugalows and even a rum stil built on a beach with an old mark V diving helmet. tiki's in many of them. Getting great reactions in Hawaii and looking to great sales in Lahina this summer. More will be up but for now, look at: http://www.diamondheadgallery.com and look for me. I am the featured artist. I look forward to making friends here and sharing great tiki stories and Mai tai's!! Mahalo!

Aloha and welcome Thor's. Very cool paintings! I really like your tree houses, tikis and beach scenes. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
Chongolio

Thor's,

I really like the world you live in. I'll have to figure out how to get there some day.

T
THOR's posted on Sat, May 8, 2004 2:10 PM

Thanks!! well. all feedback is welcome!! AlohA!!!

YOWZA! (he screems, then puts his eyes back in his sockets)

Amazing art, thor - reminds me of a tiki "myst". Breathtaking, simply breathtaking.

T

Great art - lots of colorful fantasy - the tropical world you create would make a great place to visit!

T
THOR's posted on Sun, May 9, 2004 5:50 AM

Hey!! Thanks Charles!! I love youir work also by the way!! Saw your site!! geesh I wish this was a huge tiki aprty in the tropics and I could talk to people and trade art and be a "Trader Tom" Anyways, again thank you and magic wishes!! ~~

Great stuff! It's like Bob Ross on acid and I mean that in a good way. Can't wait to see more.

K

I love the treehouses and rum stil!!! where can I find that spot on the beach!?!

Kanaka

[ Edited by: Kanaka on 2004-05-10 11:29 ]

Dig the lava flow. Great work!

T

Great work, Tom. I love the mix of James Coleman-like moonlight moodiness with the whimsical (and perilously located) structures. I really want to go to those places (though keeping a fire lit in the surf zone would be a challenge) :wink:
I shoulda guessed you were an Imagineer who went to ACCD. I'm a Product Design grad from '88. If only my drawing/painting skills didn't suck so much these days (thank you, 3D computer crap), I think I'd be doing paintings much like yours.
Hope you'll stick around here, get to know us and keep posting your latest works.

Richard
http://www.artbot.com

Wow, amazing work Tom. I love the little elements in the pictures, like the diving suit fire pit, and the little water bucket dangling off of the hut. You can definately see the imaginear in you. Gorgeous. If I want to play in your world I guess i'll have to take a journey to Tokyo huh? =). Great stuff.

B

[ Edited by: BaronV on 2004-09-09 20:08 ]

T

Thanks again. You must be in Japan! A publsher in Tokyo saw my work being printed in Hawaii last week and went nuts..is talking about distribuing prints in Japan. Keep an eye out for two new pieces "Diamond in the rough" dedicated to the Waikiki surf rat and "The Magik of the Tiki maker" ..a mystical jungle piece showing a dusk setting deep in the island jungle and the hollowed tree and tiki carving area, outrigger loaded with tikis ready to go into town ..all candle lit....

Pages: 1 13 replies