Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Oasis: change tiki shopping policy?

Pages: 1 5 replies

F

Just a thought....what do people think about opening the vender section to all interested "shoppers"from 11a.m. till 6p.m.close it down @6 to Oasis pass holders only.$40 bucks to look around and shop seems like it could have been a little steep.Maybe $5-10?Had a good show ,lot of fun Holden very helpful/friendly.just my 2cents

[Edited by hanford to add Oasis to the title]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-05-11 14:51 ]

My wife and I were talking about the same thing. With the increasing number of vendors, and the finite number of shoppers, it would seem appropriate to allow the public in and hour or two after paid Oasis attendees. This way the $40 price of the Oasis would allow you preferred access to the limited edition items.

Or open up shopping to the public on Sunday only.

Great times and lots of great product. Thanks

F

YA!I'm not crazy!!!!1

I like your way of thinking! By the way, thanks again for the killer Sandwich Isles
jacket, Monkeyman! A true prize!

L
laney posted on Tue, May 11, 2004 2:42 PM

This was my first time selling my things ever, so the lessons were worth a MINT, but I too think there were too many vendors and not enough shoppers. I thought there were going to be 25 and we ended up having 40. I also know people that were turned away who would have spent $$$$. (A friend sent some people over who were in town not knowing of the $40.00 charge.) Many attendies were tapped out after hotel charges, travel, drinks, etc.

I think something should be worked out for next year.

T

In the past I've been chairman of the sales room at large conventions here in San Diego with 100+ vendors that lasted 4-5 days. I'd open the sales room to only attendees of the convention of the 4-5 day event until the last day, Sunday, which would be open to the general public. On "public day" the sales room would be open from 10-2 and the public would be charged a higher entrance fee.
I also arranged the sales room to only be open during certain time frames so that when major events were going on, the sellers could join the fun too.

Just an idea to think about for future events!

Pages: 1 5 replies