Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Music and Tiki Drinks forum talkback

Pages: 1 29 replies

This topic is the talkback for the Announcement of Tiki Drinks and Tiki Music forums

Can we think of better names for these forums? Post your thoughts here.

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-05-13 14:40 ]

S
SES posted on Thu, May 13, 2004 2:51 PM

Woo Hoo!

:)
Umoderating away...

Thanks!

Listen to the Tiki
Listening to the Tiki
The Tikis are Listening

Drinking Tiki
Drinking of the Tiki
Drunken Tiki
Mai Tai - Roa Ae

I know it's a little late, but I just thought of this, what about Tiki eats? There's unfortunately less of a call for Tiki eats than Tiki drinks, but should I put my questions about Tiki/Hawaiian/Polynesian/Pupu recipes in Beyond Tiki or (mostly) off topic in Tiki Drinks?

S
SES posted on Thu, May 13, 2004 2:56 PM

Okay... how come when I search the umoderate feature is not showing under the posts that I want to suggest moved?

For the drinks, how about
Polynesian Mixology

Audiophiles Den for the for the music
forum?
Or Discotheque Exotique, I just like that thread name...

TG

[ Edited by: TikiGardener on 2004-05-13 20:23 ]

D

For the drinks forum-Drinkatiki.

T

*On 2004-05-13 14:52, freddiefreelance wrote:*I know it's a little late, but I just thought of this, what about Tiki eats? There's unfortunately less of a call for Tiki eats than Tiki drinks, but should I put my questions about Tiki/Hawaiian/Polynesian/Pupu recipes in Beyond Tiki or (mostly) off topic in Tiki Drinks?

Thanks Hanford!

freddie- I think a tiki eats forum is going a bit too far. Just post those in Tiki Drinks as they often are served with drinks, OK?

On 2004-05-13 14:56, susane wrote:
Okay... how come when I search the umoderate feature is not showing under the posts that I want to suggest moved?
Fixed!

PS ... you'll see I finally got around to changing the order of all the forums! Interestingly this feature was not supported in the forum code (sorted it based on the order they were created) so I had to write this myself.

For the geeks out there: this constitutes the first Table structure change to Tiki Central that I've never made! Horray for me that it didn't screw everything up!

~Hanford

Quenching Tiki
for drinks forum

The Exotic Sounds of Tiki Central
for music forum

Thanks Hanford for adding these forums. Personally, I don't mind the names at all. they're straightforward!

To satisfy the desire of some to have a tiki food forum, I agree that these could be posted under "Tiki Drinks" forum and maybe that could be in the descriptor of Tiki Drinks?

You may want to change the descriptor to the Main discussion area now...It still says tiki drinks and tiki music in it.

8T

Nicely done Hanford. I'm sure making these changes is going to be very beneficial to all of us. One bit of housekeeping though...
Do you think it is time to remove the "tiki drinks and tiki music" from the description of the Main Discussion Area of the Forum Index page? That might help steer folks to the 2 new discussion areas and avoid having to move topics later.

Thanks 8ft. Good call.

~Hanford

"May the Tiki Gods look upon Hanford as we do".

Drink Forum:
Tiki Wai Kulu
Tiki Alekohola

(Both names are "liquor" in Hawaiian)
Ya I know, not very original.

How about instead of "Tiki Drinks" you use
"Tipsy Tiki"

And for the music you could use
"Tiki Tunes"

S
SES posted on Thu, May 13, 2004 7:23 PM

Great thanks! I just went through every page on the main discussion forum and tagged all that I came across. Took a LONG time!
Hope it helps!

Glad you can resort the forums now!

I like Tiki Drinks and Tiki Music.
KISS- Keep It Simple
:wink:
Thanks!

One bit of housekeeping though...
Do you think it is time to remove the "tiki drinks and tiki music" from the description of the Main Discussion Area of the Forum Index page? That might help steer folks to the 2 new discussion areas and avoid having to move topics later.

Thanks 8ft. Good call.

Uhh...? No love for the ferret?

That's alright, 8ft did say it far more eloquently...

8T

My dear Ferret,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for what may look as if I was attemting to trump your words. I truly meant no harm for you see I simply missed the last line of your post. I suppose great minds do think alike!

Thank you for your understanding of the innocence of my transgression and also for your kind words expressed pertaining to the eloquence of the aforementioned faux-pas of mine.

And now in order to set the record straight I hereby transfer all kudos stated and/or implied within this thread to our good neighbor from the Great White North aka Slacks Ferret.

Yours most sincerely,
8FT Tiki

B

Way to gowe definately are ready for tohse 2 new forums. Thank You

*On 2004-05-13 20:55, Slacks Ferret wrote:*Uhh...? No love for the ferret?

Sorry, I skimmed your post and didn't read the whole thing. I read the part about food though. I don't think there's enough topics to have a food forum, but perhaps we can stick them in the Drinks forum?

What does everyone say?

~Hanford

S
SES posted on Thu, May 13, 2004 10:59 PM

I read almost every main discussion post on TC earlier and I agree not enough for a food forum but I think putting the food in with the drinks is a great idea.

S
SES posted on Thu, May 13, 2004 11:28 PM

How about using the "food:" tag in front of the food posts and having them in the drinks forum?

Let me clarify myself: I wasn't asking for a Tiki Eats forum, I just wanted to know where I should post recipes (yes, I plan on posting some) & requests, & info about Hawaiian/Polynesian restaurants. When I perfect my Loco Moco Musubi recipe, where do I post it? Under the Main Discussion Area, Beyond Tiki, Creating Tiki, or under the Tiki Drinks with some kind of "Recipe:" tag? I'll assume I'll post it under Beyond Tiki since they're not really Tiki.

Great to see these forums arrive. Way to go Hanford! I think Exotic Concoctions would work nicely for the drinks forum, especially if the occasional food recipe works it's way in. Sounds of Tiki or Tiki Sounds, Exotic Sounds, The Exotic sounds of Tiki or Tiki Lounge might work for the musical forum

Many thanks to everyone who U-moderated exisiting topics to the new forum. It was a huge task. I'd especially like to thanks TheJab, Swanky, and Susane, who combed high-and-low and moderated 400 posts!

~Hanford

Thanks for the new forums Hanford, and thanks to the fearless U-moderators.
Ran

[ Edited by: kick_the_reverb on 2004-05-18 15:21 ]

S
SES posted on Sun, May 16, 2004 4:19 PM

400 Wow! I guess that averages about just under a hundred an hour then. They needed to be kickstarted though so worth it!

:wink:

They look great!

T

Tiki Drinks seems like the proper place to put food recipes, but I agree that the title of the forum should be Tiki food and drinks, or tiki drinks and recipes, or something, so people know that!

My 2 cents

clink clink

Thanks for making the new forums!

I am fond of "Drinking Tiki" because it matches the names of the other forums. While some of the others have a nice ring to them and are really creative, this simple one is direct, to the point, and goes along with the style of the other forum names.

-T.J.

T

On 2004-05-16 15:10, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Many thanks to everyone who U-moderated exisiting topics to the new forum. It was a huge task. I'd especially like to thanks TheJab, Swanky, and Susane, who combed high-and-low and moderated 400 posts!

~Hanford

You're welcome. Just don't tell my boss!

Pages: 1 29 replies