Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My first piece of tiki art ever!

Pages: 1 10 replies

Hi there everyone. I've been a browser of the forum since early 2000. I've been following the various posts (The carving post thread from way back when being my absolute favorite) and i've been inspired to draw a little something and put it up for public display. I used chalk, i'm not good enough for color yet. And I wish I could've drawn the actual tiki in the background a bit better than it came out, but hey, it was my first time =). Hope you enjoy.

D

i love your pufferfish.. he looks suprised, and a bit worried. but a happy puffer he is!

great that you're out of lurk mode..thanks for sharing your art! nice..

TB

Great drawing Kon Tiki Dreamer, I just wish i could draw...

F

isee purple,orange ,glowing yellow/white [for the skull]dull highlights off the glass balls

Mahalo for the compliments guys! I love my little puffer friend.

Tiki Bird, it's really easy, just look at something really hard and draw what you see, not what you think you see. I gaurantee that will help you out =)

Wouldn't be nice to just set sail into the Ocean and forget about life for a while?

[ Edited by: Kon Tiki Dreamer on 2004-05-15 17:26 ]

Welcome, KTD. That really is a nice drawing. It looks like you have fun drawing, true?

I have a great time drawing Sam, i'm glad that shows through my work.

S
SES posted on Sun, May 16, 2004 8:11 PM

Great still life composition. Glad you decided to delurk.

I think your first drawing is wonderful. Keep up the great work and keep us posted with new drawings.

You said you weren't good enough for color yet, but imagine what that couldhave looked like if you had used different colored chalks for the lines instead of black?

Don't be afraid, just draw and have fun.

Kickass, more please.

Mahalo again for the kind words everyone! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on my lastest drawings. What a great pick me up, may you all be blessed with stocked bars and overflowing Mai Tais.

Pages: 1 10 replies