Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mister Tiki (San Diego) - Saturday, June 12th - Who's In?

Pages: 1 2 3 101 replies

Humu, I was just wondering how many people confused you with the hostesses? Your outfit was better, but I bet the hoi poloi would have trouble telling the difference.

H

On 2004-06-15 13:49, freddiefreelance wrote:
Humu, I was just wondering how many people confused you with the hostesses?

I was pretty nervous about that. It's embarassing enough to show up somewhere with the same outfit as someone else, but it's especially embarassing to discover you're wearing the same outfit as the staff. I apparently lacked any air of authority, though, as no one attempted to ask me how much longer it would be for their table.

M

On 2004-06-15 13:40, Tiki Bird wrote:
Hey Modmana, i noticed under Locating Tiki forum that Mr. Tiki is not on there. Since you setup the great opening event with TC, would you do the honors.

TBird, Thanks for pointing that out. I added an entry for Mister Tiki. Since mriddle's entry only had a generic label and lacked details I went ahead and created a new one (sorry mriddle). The description is straight from the Mister Tiki website. I'll go back in the near future and customize the description to reflect the TC perspective a little better.

On 2004-06-13 00:41, OnaTiki wrote:
A big, very special thanks to the Godfather of Tiki, Modmana, for setting this up. We were well taken care of.

Ha! I'm sure I don't deserve that title. In case anyone is wondering, that was sort of an inside joke at our table. I am a self-proclaimed tiki neophyte. I'm not worthy...

Humuhumu and Monkeyman, those are some great pics! I have tons more pics of my own and lots of comments about the restaurant that I'll be adding as soon as I get a little more free time.

It was great seeing everyone on Saturday, especially all the LA/OC people who made the long drive down! We're always up for going back. If anyone is in town and wants to meet up, feel free to contact us.

ModMana :drink:

[ Edited by: ModMana on 2004-06-15 16:33 ]

Ah man, this place and event was too cool and fun. Bosko was really pleased that we all made it out and dug the bar. For the record, Bosko did not put that ring in the nose of the moai.

CA

sorry I missed this deal... but I guess I made it, if not in spirit....
I seemed to get myself into Bosko's Bar via TikiFarm...

this MondoMartiki Lono is a design from my Rocker Lightswitch cover and TikiFarm Shot Glass.

that place looks awesome!! great job Bosko!!!!!!!!!!!!! the original!!!!!!

M
Moki posted on Sun, Jun 20, 2004 11:21 PM

Just a few pictures to add....

Al and the back of Dr. Z

Dr. Z, Dolphin Tiki & Al

Shipwreck & Floratina

Marquesan at the front door

Our Mondo Martiki was quite tasty with "all the juices"

and so pretty too!

And for anybody interested in the food, we passed the camera around our table. It was all good!

Seared Salmon

The Poke Platter. Yummy !!

Fish & chips

Chicken chow mein (I think. Modmana ??)

The dessert tower. Excellent for just little tastes and for sharing.

Fun was had by all...we know there are more pictures out there! Come on, post them!

[ Edited by: Moki on 2004-06-20 23:25 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 101 replies