Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Directions to: BBQ & Party-Rincon Room-June 26

Pages: 1 2 72 replies

Aloha Tiki Centralites. Come join Mrs. Fury and I for the official opening of our home bar "The Rincon Room" on June 26, 2004 in Thousand Oaks, California.

The pool and BBQ will be warm......the drinks will be cold. Come early for swimming. Any time after noon is fine Appetizer and drink contributions are welcomed.

This should be the day after Tiki Taix V, so for the out-of-towner.......make it a weekend of Tiki fun. Two guestrooms and plenty of floorspace.....PM or email for directions and dibs on the guestrooms.

Hope to see you all here..........Bongofury.....

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2004-06-18 09:05 ]

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2004-06-18 09:09 ]

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2004-06-28 21:20 ]

Guestroom Please. Im in.

Thanks for inviting us.

On 2004-05-20 22:31, bongofury wrote:
Two guestrooms and plenty of floorspace.....PM or email for directions and dibs on the guestrooms.

Aloha Ron & Mickee. Mahalo for the invite. We've seen pics of the Rincon Room and we're up for the party. Put us in for one o' them guestrooms.
See Yas,
Terry & Sally

I'll try to make the long trip from Moorpark! I may need to use the guest room too!

TB

Utopiandreem & i would love to go.

Yes, finally the day of paradise in paradise! I'll be there for sure! Hand tool carving demos?.. far from the pool of course! Maybe my group can make our debut there.. "tHe Lazy Palms" featuring our hit song "Is that Flotsam or Jetsam?" yes, I'm joking. The pictures don't do the place justice. There's too much good stuff at Bongofurys hut. I'll provide the Tiki tOny drift wood tiki necklaces for everyone!

TC page Or TiKi tOny.cOm

[ Edited by: tikitony on 2004-06-08 05:22 ]

I'll bring the soap!

Check it out Tiki Tony! My very first palm trunk tiki! finally dove in to the real deal instead of just my "tacky tiki knick knacks"!
I loooooove swingin' the axe!

I'll bring a grab bag of my tiki goodies as well as beverages or snacks or whatever is needed!

There for sure!!!

O.K. .....looks like the guest rooms and the couch are taken......still plenty of room on the floor. We also have some grass if a tent city is in order. For those in need of a hotel, there are 2 within 2 1/2 miles from our hut. Motel 6 -$59.99 (805-499-0711) or The Clarion Palm Garden Hotel-$99.99 (888-816-0002). We would love for ALL Tcer's to come.

Not sure what we are grillin yet, but there will be some vegetarian goodies and breakfast for any overnighters ( we don't drink coffee, but have the ingrediants....don't let us make it if you want it to taste like coffee). Water, soda, beer, and......exotic drinks......

TikiTony.....carving demo sounds great.....I could use some help. Necklaces? How cool is that!

Suburbanpagan.....at first i thought that was a giant soap you were workin on. Looks like some CrazyAl has rubbed off on the ax. Fine looking carving.

Aloha

I would like to participate however I am able. Let me know if you need ANYTHING.

I can bring my chisels too if there is any value in a frame demo?

I'll do a mai-tai drinking demo!

Damn! Just saw that the Northwest Tiki Crawl is the same weekend. O.K., so this will be the alternative event for those that can't go. Yeah Monkeyman.....bring your chisels. Looks like a buncha carvers are going to be here. SP........Mrs. Fury is not a fan of the Mai Tai, so I usually mix up the Lapu Lapu and Ran's Reverb Crash (Our favorite). I will need to bone up on the MT recepies.......we'll be installing vintage stirrers in the drinks to be taken home by our guests.....

Hold on to that rug space for us, there should be a car load of Monterey/Santa Cruzers coming down your way!

no problem bongo! It will be good for me to try new beverages!

Bring the sleeping bags Unga Bunga! Thousand Oaks aint that far from L.A. and O.C. We're right off the 101 and Lynn Road. See Oceanic Arts Tikis, Witco, Mid-Century Modern, Local Carvers, Vintage Surf (The "Tiki"Surfboard line was made
right here in Ventura County).......Food....Cocktails.....Exotica......

We're in!
If there's room on the lawn, we'll bring a tent, if not - we can sleep in the car.

Mahalo,

Ran

O

We're in !!
Can't wait to see you guys again.
This is going to be a great party!
:drink:

B

Cool! Bring a tent......just in case. First come first served on the Ice Cream Bannanas.

TB

Bongofury, what time does the BBQ start?

C

Sweet mutha-o-pearl, If the gods are willing and the winds steady. I will be attendin' this fine gatherin'....
but chances are the sail will be flappin' and the boat leakin', Ah, but ye never know Arrrrrrrrrrr*

Chongolio

• Fine weather and rum brings out the pirate in me!

Tiki Bird....BBQ will fire up around 5:00....appetizers and drinks all day.....anytime after 12:00 is good for us and plenty of time for the pool (Mrs. Fury likes the water temp like a Tahitiian lagoon).....Chongolio......pull in the sail, put a cork in the leak, and start paddeling.....you can help us finish the Cruzen sinlge barrel or the Plantation old reserve (1991) for a return trip cork!

T

oNLy a few weeks away!

TC page Or TiKi tOny.cOm

[ Edited by: tikitony on 2004-06-08 04:49 ]

Great Logo! Counting the days!

TB

Sweet Logo! TikiTony does great work. Utopiandreem & i will bring a side dish for the BBQ if thats ok?

Tbird.

B

Thanks Tony! Very cool indeed. Anyone that wants to bring a little something to the party is more than welcome.

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2004-06-08 19:45 ]

Hey Bongo! Sorry I've fallen off the planet lately......I've been setting up my website for ecommerce and also trying to gear up for a new gig I'll be starting as well as "stocking the shelves" for the Aloha Fest! But, I'm around and can't wait to see the Rincon room!

That's O.K. SP....I can't always get back to the computer after I post a bunch. See ya at Aloha Fest.

Ouh man....so close, but no cigar! I would have loved to come by, but because of my tight schedule, I had to book my yearly Hawaii trip out on the 22nd, no way around it...
I love your selection of imagery in your posts, and would have liked to see more. Oh well, can't have it all.

Have a great opening, guys, I will lift a Mai Tai in Kona to ya.

Well, bigbro, I guess if you can't make it to the Rincon room, I've heard Hawaii is nice too! haha! Too bad for me because I'd love to meet the author of the most read book in the house! I feel lucky that I got my squishy hard cover copy a few years ago at Wacko in Hollywood!

Wow a new tiki room opening - count me in. I'll PM ya for the direcs.

O.K.....directions are in the first post.....
Sven......I'd rather be in Kona. You'll have to come by when we do the Hong Kong Inn.

The Velour's will be there!
We will be there later in the day around grillin' time or so.

DZ

BF-- Got the directions but what is your actual address? I just like to MapQuest directions to get a time estimate...

Z-Girl and I will be there, but not until well into the evening - we can't leave before 6:00, so save some of that Plantation for me!

.....maybe we'll show a late night movie .....that's Martin Denny on the right.....

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2004-06-28 21:21 ]

M

Cool Zool!!!!

That's also my Birthday....
I'm in fo sure.

MTK

San Diego TC'ers....

I can fit 7 in our Eurovan if anyone wants to carpool. I am planning on leaving Vista between 11am and Noon. The drive from my home to Bongofury's is roughly 140 miles. On a bad day, it could take up to 3 hours (on a good day it could take as little as 2). I plan on arriving early and possibly seeing sights along the way or finding something fun to do in the Ventura Area.

I will be staying Saturday night at the Fury's and leaving by 9-10am the next morning.

If you would like to keep me company and listen to a MP3 changer full of tiki tunes then PM me or call me on my cell. We can all split the cost of Gas.

760-458-3687

Da Monkeyman

I'd love to be able to make this but it's not looking good for me. Earliest I could get there is about 8PM anyway. If this is a day thing it may not make much sense for me to head out there. If things will still be going on well into the evening, it may be worth the trip.

Whoa!! A new tiki room in a Eichler yet, I am stoked, My HuT is only about 2 miles away. I drool over your place each time I cruise through there, so much I am sure the Neighborhood watch has my plate. What is needed? Mixer, dip, or? I have two great palm trunks that are ready to carve, I'll donate one to the cause if I get tips how to carve the other. Dang, I am not going to be able to sleep now!!!

[ Edited by: bananabobs on 2004-06-22 22:28 ]

Aloha! It's getting closer.....again, if anyone wants to bring appetizer or drinks.....please do. PhiPhiRho.....we have a few people coming from far off, exotic places that will be overnighting....so I believe this may go late. Hopefully things will be getting lively by 8:00 so we think you should come. We don't want anyone drinking and driving so bring your sleeping bag and join us for breakfast.

I saw that poolside photo of the pool and gasped at the roofline of the home - I thought it did look mighty Eichleresque. Anyway, it all looks beautiful. I have a feeling this is going to be a real good party and am looking forward to it. Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Bongofury.

how many tikiphiles are we looking at here? I'm asking because I'd like to make a Rincon Room Commemorative soap for the occasion and want to make enough for everyone! :D

oh my goodness - that is one SWEEEEET Eichler!

Congratulations on the completion of your lounge!

Thanks Futura Girl.....commemorative soaps?!! Suburbanpagan, you rock! I am not sure how many are coming......I hope everyone will confirm. June fog has been clearing here by 10:00am.....solar had the pool at 82 degrees today. We will have some of the sweetest strawberries you have ever tasted from our favorite stand in Camarillo........

Looked back thru the post.....looks like 30+ with a few of our friends and family.

Bongofury- are last minute show ups allowed? If so, what do you need most? Appetizers or beverages? If my schedule clears up, I might be able to come out in the late afternoon. Would love to see more of your place!!! Sounds like great fun.

I'm trying to make my up for the festivities too. Looks like I'll be able to so far. I'd love to check out your pad - it looks great in the pics.

the soap factory is firing up.....my first "event" object! I'm very excited! 30+ is very do-able!

Many times our schedules change, so we don't always know if we can be somewhere til the last minute also. Tikifille & Polynesiac.....we hope to see you here! We will be grillin some chicken and veggies. Mrs. Fury will make her market trip in the morning.....so for those that decide after tomorrow morning, there will probably be enough food, but you may want to bring whatever you want for the grill (especially if you prefer beef or fish).....more Rum is always welcome!

The bar menu is.....Lapu Lapu, Reverb Crash, Mai Tai, and .....Beer. If you want something else with alcahol.....bring it . Water and soda for the non-drinkers and designated drivers. We won't have diet soda or lite beer, so bring that if you prefer that.

There will be desert.....Happy Birthday Mike! Bong told me at Da Show he would come if he could get a ride.....anyone?

Pages: 1 2 72 replies