Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Directions to: BBQ & Party-Rincon Room-June 26

Pages: 1 2 72 replies

I will bring the Video Camera and mics for a little documentation.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-06-25 11:44 ]

Lookin forward to this...Just pm'd ya bong, we can give ride, but not staying overnight.

M

Thanks BFuryman...
See you around 7:30pm. I'll be bringing Miss sookie Sookie and Skipper Trent.

Lookin forward to it and seeing all of the Tikipeeps again.
MTK

Went to the Rincon room opeming this afternoon but had to leave early, If you are close and can make it, RUN! its not to be missed! Chikitiki and Tiki Tony had wood chips flying when I left doing a double tiki, Surburban Pagen brought party favorite soaps, VERY COOL, more Reverb Crash than water in the pool and of course, the Host with the Mostest, Bongo and Mrs. Fury, a total class act. This is the first T.C. event that I have attended and what's striking is how friendly everyone is, (what did I expect?) But a better bunch of people are not to be found! Thank you all!

Ooh, man..I knew I shouldn't have checked this thread. I tried and tried, but work got the best of me today. :(
I can't believe I missed what sounds like a totally cool gathering. TT and Chiki serving up the wood chips on one log? MAN...I would have like to have seen that. Did anyone snap some photos for us unlucky enough not to be able to go?

I got a couple of pic's I'll post then tomorrow.

Well try as I might, I cannot over come the one pictures size, sorry about that, I will try again later.

[ Edited by: bananabobs on 2004-06-27 08:50 ]

Suburban Pagan made these soaps to mark the opening of the Rincon Room, He had them for each of us, how cool is that? His Tiki necklace that he has on his web site are very cool also! (shameless plug) http://www.thetackytiki.com/

[ Edited by: bananabobs on 2004-06-27 09:19 ]

Thanks for the shameless plug, bananabob! And now the e true hollywood story on the history of the soap!

Moorpark, June 2004

So I'm thinkin' to myself,
"What would be a cool design for the Rincon Room Commemorative Soap? I know! I'll incorporate a cool design from the carved bar sign....yeah! That will be a cool tie in! You know...thematic!"
so I carve this soap using this super cool design that's on the sign. Come to find out it Gecko's logo! Woops! Sorry Gecko..no copyright infringement intended! :D You will be getting your very own shipment as my way of saying
"uh....woops, sorry Gecko! I hope you like!"

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan on 2004-06-27 10:25 ]

so the Rincon Room party was unreal! Bongo and Mrs. Fury have the most complete, fantastical living environment! What a place! What a shindig! Thanks for hosting the best tiki party within a 9 mile radius of my house ever! I highly recommend that their house be documented in some form of collness publication. I'm rambling. It was so cool to see so many people again and meet some new ones.....King Kuke played uke while I took a dip in the pool...Bongofury's fire pit is incredible...I can go on and on......hey! let's have a bongofury's house inspired haiku event! maybe? no? ok

M

Bongo & Ms. Fury,
Thank you for your warm hospitality. You truely have an amazing home.

Floratina, The reverbs, TTony, suburban pegan and UTDream/Tikibird BIG mahalo's for the great gifts.

It was also nice to see the TC gang and meet some new friends.
Another spectacular event...

MTK
:tiki:

BananaBobs, here you go! Wish I was there!

O

We had a great time. The Fury's were wonderful hosts and the Rincon room was amazing as was the rest of the house.

Thanks to Mrs. Fury again for the ride back to the hotel and to Bongofury for the parting gifts. They made the ride home much more enjoyable. We managed to shave two hours off the return trip.

SuburbanPagan...thanks for the cool soaps. Tiki Tony and ChikiTiki thanks for the cool carving lesson. KingKuke thanks for the tunes. And to everyone else, it was great to see some old friends and meet some new ones.

Shipwreck, Monkeyman and Bong, you were missed. Until the next time, here are a few pics from the evening....

Our host. Wonderful Job!!

Rincon room with TikiBird, Dr. Z & DolphinTiki

Kick the Reverb and Mrs. Kick lounging by the pool enjoying some of MTKahuna's birthday cake.

King Kuke and the boys played on....
ChikiTiki can play a mean set of wrenches too.

Apparently, King Kuke angered one of the tiki gods and he got even!

[ Edited by: OnaTiki on 2004-06-27 21:56 ]

I was wiped out... but i am so grateful i made the trek... As I pulled up the street the sounds of bongos, singing and laughter led me on... to one of the most beautiful homes I have ever seen. Mr. and Mrs. Fury's talent and love shone through in every single corner of the house and yard... There is a large slice of paradise just off the 101 freeway! I never wanted to leave the Rincon Room.

Also, thank you to Suburban Pagan for the soaps - which are tooooo nice to use. I need to buy a second bar to acutually use dude! I hope you offer those soaps on yer site.

Thanks to the Bongofury's for opening up their incredible home! I snuck out around 11pm because I was so tired and still had 90 or so miles to drive to get home but the party still in full swing. Walking into the home was like stepping into a magazine. Simply unbelievable! The food was good, the people were great and the grounds were amazing. Thanks again for a great time!

Futura Girl, I must have angered the gods some how!?! You end up making it even with your garage sale and I have to leave early (feeble excuse, friends took my Wife and I out for her birthday)...I miss meeting you again! I will burn a TiKi ToRcH for a week straight, clean all my mugs, and sacrifice some bananas and limes to try and apease the gods, that way perhaps our paths will meet someday.

[ Edited by: bananabobs on 2004-06-28 09:26 ]

Thank you very much Bongofury for hosting a great party. I wish Utop & i would take more pictures, we always seem to bring the camera, but never take pictures because we are having to much fun. You have an outstanding bar!

tbird.

my little soap makin' hands are truly humbled by the reactions of everybody! I am so happy that I could do that....it was a very special evening! Now I'm going to make a candle to commemorate that I have now survived Tiki Oasis and the RIncon Room party with NO HANGOVER WHATSOEVER! The rum gods have truly smiled upon me.......hmmmm not a bad idea.....I should make a hangover prevention tiki....hmmmm.....(gears turning)

We had a great time, Ron & Mickee's hospitality was outstanding (we stayed over at the guest room and were treated to a wonderful breakfast and parting gifts!), the house, yard and the Rincon Room are all amazing. The carving demo by ChikiTiki & Tiki Tony was fun and educational, the poolside music by King Kukulele, Cb Howlie, ChikiTiki and Joe was entertaining as always. It was nice to get to know some of the other TC memebers a little better, and meet new ones.
Thanks for Tiki Tony for the pendants and stickers, Suburban Pagan for the soaps, Ric & Monica for the additional food.

See you all soon,
Mahalo

Ran

We would like to thank my sister and her husband(who had to leave early) for food and yard prep, the Reverbs for late night clean-up (though due to everyone's consideration, there was not a lot to clean), Chikitiki and Tikitony for the carving demo and necklaces, SP for the cool soaps, King Kukulele and C.B. Howlie for extra music, our new friends from Germany, Joe and Tanya, and everyone for their food, drinks, and gifts, who braved the Saturday/Summer escape from L.A. traffic. It was all of you that made our party a success. Happy Birthday again to MT Kahuna (thanks for the candle). Mahalo Nui, we had fun. Here's a few pics before I got too busy....

After Chiki and TT did most of the carving......many Tiki Centralites got in on the carving action, so this Tiki is a unique group effort.

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2004-06-28 15:47 ]

T

Thanks soO much Bongo's. It was a great party, and fabulous food! See you soon,.. I think this is where I say; have a bitchen summer.... uhhh... k.i.t..... 805 208 0322

M

Dear furious Bongos, now that we returned to cold Germany - the summer this year just isnt one - our memories of your exceptional tikifest grow to a dreamy fatmorgana of a paradise that cannot possibly exsist. It was wonderful, we enjoyed it so much. Thanks to the oictures here we can assure ourselves that it really happened. We were overwhelmed by the generous hospitality, the charming decoration, the wonderful house, the quality and quantity of powerful exotic concotions, hmm the zesty bbq, the lovly guests. Thanks for having us. We had the pleasure to meet Tiki Tony who we interviewed the next days for our Tiki DVD, we met the Reverbs again, had time to hang out with our friends Denny & Danny. Nice memories of a very special event. Hope to see you soon. Maybe at the Hukilau or in Munich!

http://www.armchair-travelling.com

[ Edited by: Mogambo on 2004-11-26 04:48 ]

Dear Bongo Furistes,

Your party was beautiful. You are indeed fine hosts. The drinks were mixed to perfection, the noshes and kabobs were delicious.

I can't say enough about the spendor of the Rincon Room. You have assembled an appealing array of artifacts and present them beautifully. And that house! It is a mid-century night's dream. As we looked around the Eichler, it was concluded that it definitely rates a spread in a designer magazine. Futura Girl knows her mid-century and she knows her Eichlers. It was great to see her reaction. When she saw that flame sprouting out of the deck by the hot tub, that just did her in. Me too.

Thanks SuburbanPagan for the bitchen soap and Tiki Tony for my driftwood Cook Island pendant with the "rough-hewn thong".

Whoa! Did I miss Floratina in a thong?

Ahhh...alcohol!

Pages: 1 2 72 replies