Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Good omen?

Pages: 1 12 replies

As I was doing my daily commute to work today fromLong Becah to Burbank I was driving up the 110 freeway and I saw something. Out my window I saw a bird flying at about the same speed as my car juatr travelling along side me. But this was no pigeon, crow, or seagull. This bird was green and it's face was red. IT WAS A PARROT!!! I continued to watch it as I drove and then saw another parrot join it in the sky. They both continued at the same speed for awhile then sped up in front of me and flew off together. I must have been getting close to Downtown LA at the time. It was a nice glimpse of a tropical escape for me today.

TM1

That's awesome!

We see the green parakeets that come squaking by every evening, making as much noise as possible! I would love to see a real parrot......definite good omen!

I worked the election last time near trabuco canyon and saw a bobcat run right across the road while cutting through Oneil park on the way home!

TB

There are clans of parrots living in wild in Belmont Shores.

There's also a flock of parrots on Telegraph Hill in SF:

http://www.pelicanmedia.org/wildparrots.html

[ Edited by: cynfulcynner on 2004-05-24 16:05 ]

Apparently by the other posts, it seems like it was a good omen you didn’t run over any of them.

DZ

Yep, we've got hundreds of 'em in South Redondo, too. Very pretty, but they make a helluva racket, especially when they're gathered in numbers...

M

A buddy of mine lives in El Cajon, CA where every year a flock resides in the huge tree just outside his house - which is both a blessing and a curse; Beautiful to look at... But, NOISY AS HELL!

There's a flock of parrots in Redlands that escaped from a local bird farm. They were kind enough to show up at a luau I had about six years ago. (My guests were very impressed.) I still see them occasionally when I visit my parents. They seem to like one particular tree in their back yard.

We don't have any parrots in Maryland but, I did see gigantic swarms of cicadas covering every single living plant outside my house...is that a good sign? :wink:

On 2004-05-24 22:05, johntiki wrote:
We don't have any parrots in Maryland but, I did see gigantic swarms of cicadas covering every single living plant outside my house.

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/London/Cicada.asp

Must have been that new Jimmy Buffet CD you were playing . You kept going on and on about it the other day! Ok, I take it back, it is a good omen.

G
GECKO posted on Tue, May 25, 2004 2:45 AM

eh parrots and geckos mean good luck in da islands!!! let me know what you find this weekend!!

aloha cuz!

S
SES posted on Tue, May 25, 2004 3:01 AM

Depends on if you have Tipi Hedron as a passenger in the car or not.
:)

Pages: 1 12 replies