Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: I have 3 current auctions on Ebay for SHAG items

Pages: 1 11 replies

that I overbought on an on-line offer where my friends also orderd for me, not expecting to get most of what I ordered.

All of the items are limited editions and are entirely SOLD OUT.

They are a Shag Wahuku mug, the 3 Shag Mug set (really great), and most RARE the sterling silver SHAG ticket bracelet, only 100 were made!

My auctions end Saturday night and my screen name on E-bay is Alanmny.

Thank you!

[ Edited by: on 2004-05-26 00:38 ]

[ Edited by: on 2004-05-26 00:40 ]

K
kha_o posted on Wed, May 26, 2004 2:33 AM

eBay: I have 3 current auctions on Ebay for SHAG items that I overbought on an on-line offer where my friends also orderd for me, not expecting to get most of what I ordered.

On-line offer? So you bypassed the "one per person" clause that ShagMart and Tiki Farm have by having your friends buy you this stuff to re-sell?

How many sets of the "It's All About the Tiki" items do you have? You've already sold:

Wahuka Warrior #134 - eBay #3904915833 - for $85.00 ($25.00 profit)

Night of the Tiki Set #120 - ebay #2894577532 - for $225.00 ($125.00 profit)

Tiki Charm Bracelet #65 - ebay #2690867202 - for $275.00 ($125.00 profit)

and you have another set for sale?

What do you plan on doing with Night of the Tiki Set #273 you just won on eBay for $100.00 on May 17th?

N

BUSTED!!!!!!!

Whoops, broke a Tiki Central rule there, so I've self-censored.

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2004-05-26 15:17 ]

Bravo, Kha_0

Dear Kha_O and all others that have jumped to conclusions before asking me any of the facts....

FYI, if you notice my activity on e-bay, 99% of my activity is buying, not selling and it's not all tiki.

Pieter Agle, (Shag's brother) and business manager, is aware of what happened with me with the Shagmart auctions on line, (I met with him in New York the other week at Shag's latest opening). I offered to sell any of my extra items back to him at the price that I paid, but he indicated that he couldn't just place one or two items on line that way which I understood.

I didn't expect to get any of the items online so I asked friends to try to purchase for me in case I didn't get anything. Much to my surprise, I got everything I asked for, and some of my friends got one, two, or none of the items, some of which they kept and some of which they sold back to me. Having them left over, (which I didn't expect in the first place), left me little options.

I even held a Tiki swap night at Otto's Shrunken head by arrangement with the owner of Otto's, to try to sell the goods, at the price I paid plus shipping but NO New Yorkers at Otto's that night were interested in buying items above $ 20.00.

Furthermore, I own "One Enchanted Evening", and "Desert Polynesia" for myself along with many Hawaii Kai mugs which I collect and countless tiki items. I even just traveled 2700 miles to attend Tiki Oasis in Palm Springs.

I have to say that I resent the fact that I received defamatory remarks on this board when no one bothered to ask me any questions first.

Many of the items I have had to re-list several times at an expense of $ 4 - $ 6 each as they all do not sell right away, so along with the e-bay fees and paypal fees and the original shipping costs,the profit that you claim I am making is extremely inflated.

I don't need to make great sums of money this way and find it offensive that I am being accused of something that happened as an overbuy due to items that were put on the internet and which sold out within 3-4 minutes. Wouldn't you ask your friends to help get you something you wanted for your collection if you knew there was a very strong chance you would wind up with nothing!

I collect very valuable 19th century French trunks solely for my own use that cost in the thousands. I hardly need to make the small profits you have stated in your remarks.

For the writer that found the need to track my activity and the profits (he/she) claimed I made, I assume you have may have more going on in your life than to track my purchases and sells! THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE.

Any of you can choose to believe what you want, you are more than welcome to meet me in NY and see that I am quite serious about my tiki collection and passion for tiki.

For those who have jumped to conclusions, let me leave you with the idea of being hanged by your peers (& collectors) without being given any information from the party you are accusing and harrasing.

Furthermore, should any of you buy a Shag print, or other print, painting or mug that has been traded several times on ebay (such as which I have done in order to obtain some of the art and Hawaii Kai's collectors mugs, I have a choice to pay the price that is offered or not participate in the auction or a gallery sale.

Arent' we fortunate that we are Americans in a society that allows freedom of choice.

Peace,

Alan

P.S.- The tiki vendors at Tiki Oasis were selling multiple items at the event, they have no idea who they are going to and how they are being sold. (I assure you many stores and individuals are profiting from the goods sold there which I am NOT in agreement with).

Why don't you also go after all of the Ebay people that are selling the Tiki Oasis IV mugs that went on line the day after the event. We were all allowed to buy 2 of these. I only bought one, as that's all I wanted for myself and it didn't dawn on me to buy a second mug (a limited edition of 150) which people are selling on e-bay as I am writing this.

[ Edited by: AlanSumac on 2004-05-29 02:52 ]

K
kha_o posted on Sat, May 29, 2004 5:26 AM

Again I ask -

What do you plan on doing with Night of the Tiki Set #273 you just won on eBay for $100.00 on May 17th?

You've sold two... but bought one more?

Why not just sell one?

You've already sold:

Wahuka Warrior #134 - eBay #3904915833 - for $85.00 ($25.00 profit)

Night of the Tiki Set #120 - ebay #2894577532 - for $225.00 ($125.00 profit)

Tiki Charm Bracelet #65 - ebay #2690867202 - for $275.00 ($125.00 profit)

Maybe there was no profit on the Wahuku... but can you please explain the (estimated) $200.00 profit you made from the Night of the Tiki Set and Charm Bracelet sale(s)?

...and re-listing fee? i bet that setting a realistic reserve - say, $90 for Wahuku, $150 for the NotT, $180 for the bracelet - would have helped them sell.

Why am i not hassling the Tiki Oasis Munktiki Mug sellers? Maybe because they didn't post on TC acting like they were doing us a favor.

I bet plenty of people would have taken the extra items off your hands at a reasonable price without you having to go on eBay.

Also, it's not like it took much work for me to find this info out. I typed your user name in the "Seller Search" box on eBay and chose "include completed auctions."

[ Edited by: kha_o on 2004-05-29 05:27 ]

To Kha_o and other readers, he wrote:

Quote:

You've sold two... but bought one more?

Why not just sell one?

Alan Sumac writes:

Kha_o- you are losing CREDIBILITY FASTER AND FASTER. WHY DON'T YOU CHECK THE EBAY AUCTION YOU CLAIMED I WON AND PURCHASED AND YOU WILL SEE THAT I DIDN'T GET THE 3 TIKI MUG SET AS STATED ABOVE. LOOK AT THE LINK BELOW OR TYPE IN THE EBAY ITEM NUMBER, YOU WILL SEE IT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WERE DESCRIBING, AND I DON'T OWN IT!!....... Give it a rest and perhaps you can put your energy toward more worthy causes like helping the homeless or curing AIDS.

Click here: eBay item 3293198096 (Ends May-24-04 21:46:47 PDT) - SHAG Tiki 3 Mug Set Mutuaga, Manihiki & Kahalu'u LTD ED

P.S.- if any profit is made on any items that ANYONE sells on Ebay, it's an "auction".

Explain the word "AUCTION"!!!

I was not claiming to do anyone "a favor" as you put it in your email by posting a note on Tiki Central, I just thought it was a viable resource to reach the audience that collects. I have seen COUNTLESS times, Tiki Central people mention their e-bay auctions and item numbers on this site, so ONCE AGAIN YOUR CREDIBILITY on this topic is also highly questionable.

Believe me, if the Tiki Oasis people thought about it for selling their mugs on E-bay, they would have put a note on this service as well. I never thought about it until last week when I started seeing others do it, so why don't you research every TikiCentral member that posts their e-bay offers on this forum. That should keep you busy for awhile!

I suggest any readers take a look on Ebay for my feedback for the items I have purchased or sold and it speaks for itself!

You are getting out of control and I suggest you cease and desist any further defamatory remarks about a situation you know very little about.

Any futher communication with me on this subject you can do privately and not post on this board for those that haven't read all of the messages will not exactly know the truth from YOUR version of it. Enough said...happy holidays.

[ Edited by: AlanSumac on 2004-05-29 09:48 ]

[ Edited by: AlanSumac on 2004-05-29 10:07 ]

[ Edited by: AlanSumac on 2004-05-29 10:14 ]

JT

Right on Bro!

At least you didn't have to "run over" innocent women and children like I did at the Disney ETR event! Then you'd really be singled out.

Hi Madmona

K
kha_o posted on Sun, May 30, 2004 2:13 AM

You are getting out of control and I suggest you cease and desist any further defamatory remarks about a situation you know very little about.

That's me.

I'm not dogging you for making a buck off re-selling... but just say what you're doing is trying to make a buck.

Jax Tiki stepped on a few necks to get to be first in line at the ETR sale, but I don't remember him posting an ad for his eBay auction here, do you? No.

(I'll be waiting for yet another long-winded defense...)

[ Edited by: kha_o on 2004-05-30 02:22 ]

JT

On 2004-05-30 02:13, kha_o wrote:

Jax Tiki stepped on a few necks to get to be first in line at the ETR sale, but I don't remember him posting an ad for his eBay auction here, do you? No.

[ Edited by: kha_o on 2004-05-30 02:22 ]

I could have posted an ad for my Auction???

Dohhhhhh!

Well, having your friends buy up extra stuff is pretty unfair in my book, and you know fine well that there would be a very good chance of you getting a lot more than the alloted one per person. If you were that keen on getting the surplus sold off at cost price to a fellow collector, you could so easily have posted the details on Tiki Central. Many people put extras up for trade, so nobody gets gouged.

I imagine a very significant proportion of limited Shag stuff that comes onto eBay does so because someone got their friends to buy more 'just in case'....

Anyway, you were decent enough to tell us your side of the story and I'm sure if we ever met, we could spend a few happy hours talking Tiki. I would just suggest that in the future, you don't 'load the dice' so heavily when buying Shag stuff.

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 11 replies