Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Hash Browns or Home Fries?

Pages: 1 8 replies

Sorry, I couldn't resist - with all of these comparison threads :)

People who eat hash browns in General make me upset..really! They do!

I grew up around them, listening to thier hypocrasy, thier whining, thier constant assertion that only THEY knew what was really going on!

And then they grow up, and become potatoe farmers, and drive BMW's...and name their dog Homey!!
They are phonies, I tell you! big phonies!"

And they are all of a type too...birds of a feather...if you eat hash browns you must wear the stupid truckers cap...you must also like grits, (but not the "buttered" grits of course!) You must talk about Steak and eggs all the time, and mention Idaho about ten times an hour....it's like these hash brown eaters have thier own uniform, thier own dress code!

[ Edited by: McDougall on 2004-05-28 13:37 ]

TM1

Gotta admit, that's pretty funny!! You actually got me laughing over here!

Don't give me the credit Mick it was your joke! I just liked it so much I repeated it in a slightly different context.

TM1

Darn it! I hate it when I am being a jerk and then someone makes me laugh!

Takes the wind right out of my sails!!

I wanted to have an all-negative day, with no laughter!!!

I like buttered grits. With pepper.

My father-in-law tells a story of being in a Mississippi diner next to a Yankee salesman, who had obviously been asked one too many times if he wanted grits with his breakfast, leading him to reply testily, "You people keep trying to shove these grit things down my throat...OK, I'll have ONE!".

T

I had grits for the first time on a road trip in the states with a friend. I imagined them to look sort of like tater tots. I ordered them from the one-eyed waitress who seemed rather amused that I never had eaten them before. Was I surprised that a bowl full of mush showed up at the table!

In Canada, 'Grits' is sland for a member of the Liberal party. We don't have the food kind!

PS. I cant believe I actually contributed to this silly thread, ahahha!

Hash Browners stole the idea from Home Friers, everyone knows that.

Pages: 1 8 replies