Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trader Vic's Mai Tai Glasses

Pages: 1 5 replies

J

Does anyone know where I can find a Trader Vic's clear Mai Tai glass with the white screenprinted graphics all over it...anyone wanna sell one?

:drink:

K

That's the one glass/mug/cup they WILL actually sell, but I've never seen them outside the TV's restaurants. They're $6 each.

Check out Ebay, but don't pay a lot, since they are made new and sold without uptight Trader Vic's manager approval!

Now the TV's lantern glass, if one could get one of those, I'd really wanna know about it.

A

Sometimes Oceanic Arts has a handful of old Trader Vics items obtained legitimately and available for sale. My sister just gave me a neato TVics plate from there with menehunes around the rim for my bday. I've seen the TVics portlight mugs and other neat stuff at OA in the past.
-Randy

P

Well, these aren't trader vic's but they are etched mai tai glasses...

http://www.hawaiicity.com/shopping/glass/index.html

I stop at the Atlanta Trader Vics at least 3-4 times a year and the bartender remembers me everytime.So whenever I ask if he can hook me up with a mug or glass to buy he looks the other way when he takes my money and says oops, broke another one.( I have been to every Trader vics in the U.S of A amd he is buy far the BEST bartender at any TV's) as far as the "lantern mugs" ( are those the port light and starbord light mugs you be talkin' 'bout) they will sell those as long as they are not busy and you b.s. with the bartender. Funny story I was at the Trader Vics in Chicago and bought some mai tai mix and Navy grog mix from the bartender and asked him how much the huge skull mug was they had there.( I don't know what drink they serve in it but it's biggg.) and he said he could sell it to me for 25.00 bucks. i passed but this trendy "club" girl sitting with a group of people overheard him and asked if she could buy it and he said it wasn't for sale so she kept bothering him for it and finally he said she could have it for 100 bucks. she was drunk and bought it saying her boyfriend back in new york will just love it 'cause it's kooky. morale of the story?? anyone in the new york area keep an eye out in your locale thrift store for a Huge Trader Vics skull mug.

Those lantern glasses they had in Atlanta were the greatest. I'd almost commit a crime to have one. They had two styles. The first one came in red or green glass with gold trim. The other style was red or green ceramic with gold trim. I like the glass ones because they look like the originals depicted in the menus.
Another TV glass I would love to have are those babies that various places served the skin diver, deep sea diver, or pearl diver, in. They are narrower at the base with ribs on them, and wide and plain at the top. I keep thinking I'll see a set of them in a thrift store, but no luck so far.

Pages: 1 5 replies