Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

My mom went to Peru and all she bought me was this lousy Tiki

Pages: 1 14 replies

Actually, it's made of stone and strikes me as being the missing link between the Tikiquest mug and a Cook islands statue. A great find in darkest Peru.

Thanks, mum!
Trader Woody

brilliant!

mum's the word...

UB

WHAT? No Agwa?!
Beautiful tiki.

K
Kanaka posted on Wed, Jun 2, 2004 1:32 PM

Woody,

Looks like the one a friend brought me back from peru!

Kanaka

Cool, I like it!
That was really nice of her!

T

Something about that lil' guy, he makes me feel in a odd way happy but scared at the same time. If Mom goes again can you pleeeeeeeeease ask her to buy me one?!?!?!

On 2004-06-02 13:32, Kanaka wrote:
Woody,
Looks like the one a friend brought me back from peru!

Kanaka

Hey, snap! Very cool!

Tiki-Toa,
Unfortunately, it was a one-off trip of a lifetime for her, so she won't be going back there anytime soon. She had an amazing time, so perhaps a trip to Peru, then to Chile, followed by a trip to Easter Island might be a trip worth thinking about for the more adventurous Tiki Centralite.

Trader Woody

D

way to go Mum !

its fantastic that she found that for you ~

side note: my father in law came to visit us in seattle. i thought he knows about "this tiki stuff" but his light bulb clicked when he was looking at my Night of the Tiki book..and said "oh i have one of those in my garage, i'll pack it up for you"...yay.. another parent trained.

S

Talk to Mig, I think he has been to Peru a few times, and will probably go again. I bet he could pick up a few!
Pea

You lucked out. My parents went to Mexico and look at the "tiki" they brought me.

vw

At least they brought you something back, my in-laws are of to Borneo later this month and have told me they ain't bringing any headhunter stuff back for me.

D

On 2004-06-05 11:19, atomictonytiki wrote:
my in-laws are of to Borneo later this month and have told me they ain't bringing any headhunter stuff back for me.

maybe they were just joking? of course, then you could tell 'em you're upping the dowry on their daughter ~ and to expect her back on their doorstep if they dont fork over something carved!

its worth a try!

On 2004-06-02 17:59, dogbytes wrote:
side note: my father in law came to visit us in seattle. i thought he knows about "this tiki stuff" but his light bulb clicked when he was looking at my Night of the Tiki book..and said "oh i have one of those in my garage, i'll pack it up for you"...yay.. another parent trained.

Hey, sounds great! Don't forget to show us what he digs out of the garage!

Trader Woody

This is a longshot, but . . .

Has anyone here heard of a bar (-slash-art gallery?) called Tiki Arte y Diseño in Cusco? I'll be in town about this time next week, and I plan to seek it out.

Also, any tiki scene report for Lima? Again, I know it's a longshot . . .

On 2015-08-11 05:34, LitClique wrote:
This is a longshot, but . . .

Has anyone here heard of a bar (-slash-art gallery?) called Tiki Arte y Diseño in Cusco? I'll be in town about this time next week, and I plan to seek it out.

Also, any tiki scene report for Lima? Again, I know it's a longshot . . .

LitClique, i have no help for you, but saw you're from my home town and thought that was cool. Glad to know there's at least on TCer there!
Cheers!
:drink:

Pages: 1 14 replies