Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Pa'ina: Shutterfly Gallery Link Pg 4

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

S

Hoffa is the one who did the artwork for Hukilau 2003 and did the posters for 2002. He's a great guy and artist.

T

Mahalo to Utopiandreem and Raffertiki for supporting the Pa'ina with their purchases of raffle tickets.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-28 01:22 ]

Bump!
A week to go!

Who's coming?
How many tikis should I bring?

Bring some extra cash for a beautiful tiki...
Checks are acceptable too!
Help me on my way to Hukilau!

T

Here are the links from the local papers if anyone would like to read the pre-press on the Tiki Pa'ina. They did a decent job, they got somethings wrong, most things right, but as much as I gave talked of TC they made no mention of it, which was disappointing in some ways as it is what basically inspired me to do it.

http://www.wisinfo.com/postcrescent/news/archive/life_17176482.shtml

http://www.wisinfo.com/northwestern/news/features/stories/features_17165079.shtml

May the aloha spirit be with you in all that you do.

Toa
http://www.tiki-asylum.4t.com

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-08-05 15:21 ]

TB

Great articles Tiki Toa! Thanks for posting them, they were a great read.

Tbird.

B

Well today's the big day. Hows it goin up in Cheese landHope everybody is having FUN.

Same here, Toa. Post those pics before you go to bed..don't leave us hangin'!!! Many, many pix, dude!

T

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAOW7Jy3bs2zgA

Ok folks here are the pictures of the event look and enjoy. Thanks to all who attended, who wanted but could not, and those that supported this event and me with all that you may have done. MAHALO, Toa

T

If people are having a problem seeing the pics please let me know, you may want to try and veiw as a slide show, but you will need to give it a sec to load, as I tried it and it and a red x came up but went away and then you could see the pics. Otherwise does anyone have any advice on working with the Shutterfly albums?

B

TikiToa, ALl the pix seem to be available now. What ever you or Shutterfly did fixed it. THANKS

hey tiki toa, i love yer cult of the eye fez! now my mind will inextricably link fezzes to you :) mahaloz, j$

B

Looks like y'all had a lot of fun. Sorry we could not be there.

H

Congrats on uniting the tikiphiles around Wisconsin, Tiki-Toa! I know it was a lot of hard work. Hope we'll see more get-togethers from the new 'ohana up there soon!

I

Well, I finally made it home - after putting over 3500 miles on my car these past two weeks. Although I wasn't able to stay for the Tiki Pa'ina meal or see the dancers perform (or meet any other mid-western tiki folk who arrived after I left) it was still nice to meet Tiki-Toa, Lake Surfer, and a few other familiar faces.

I made it to the hotel bar Friday night, and learned that if there is one thing nicer than meeting fellow tiki people after flying cross-country, it is meeting fellow tiki people after driving cross-country. I was surprised to see the bartender was making some great zombies - I had just been to Illinois's Hala Kahiki two nights before, and these tasted much better - and I continued to order them - often two at a time, until the bartender left.

Karaoke was fun that evening - a word of warning though - even though you may have heard 'The Hawaii Wedding Song' many times before, you might not be able to remember how the melody of the song actually goes - I had to make up my own melody until the familiar chorus came around. But those are the things that one must do, when one wants to hear exotica, and everyone else is singing Charlie Daniels and Kenny Rogers songs.

I was a bit tired the next day, but pleased to be able to stock up on a few tiki related products from the various vendors - Lake Surfer, Esqui and Lissette, Hoffa and Jimmy, Conga Tiki. I was able to fit a 8 foot tall carving done by Jimmy/Exotic Arts into my car, and safely bring it back home (where I discovered that my home only has a 7 and a half foot tall ceiling)

My only regrets were that I was unable to stay for the full festivities - and also I should have made yet one more trip to the ATM machine and bought a few more items - there was still some room left in my car when I got home.

Thanks to Tiki-Toa for organizing the event, and hopefully I'll be meeting a few of you again next month at Hukilau.

Vern

[ Edited by: ikitnrev on 2004-08-15 19:57 ]

I

(The message formerely located here has been relocated to the collecting Tiki' forum)

Vern

[ Edited by: ikitnrev on 2004-08-17 05:53 ]

E
EsQui posted on Sun, Aug 15, 2004 9:42 PM

Hi Everyone!

Tiki Pai'na was a blast! Thanks to Tiki Toa and family for planning this event. I met some wonderful people and finally decided to join tiki central. You can view some of our pictures at:

http://www.waitingchairgallery.com/tikipaina

I didn't take as many pictures as I should have due to having too many zombies the night before. Good people, good food, good drinks, good art, good raffle prizes, good trading with vendors, and good show! Hopefully there will be a Tiki Pai'na 2005, and more midwesterners get off their butts and show up! If Vern can make it all the way from Washington D.C. no one else has an excuse. The Mensters cd was the perfect soundtrack for the ride home.

Aloha!

[ Edited by: EsQui on 2004-08-15 21:43 ]

sorry it took me so long to post on this. been trying to catch up on all i have going on. first off, yes vern send me back my wood, you'd be surprised what i can do with six inches. ask my wife. so great to see you again and again thank you.next i had a great time! we just loved toa and wife, lake surfer, and everyone else we met. cant wait to see you all again. cant say enough good things about the whole event. see you in florida! mahalo, jimmy.

Go ahead.....ask me.

Pages: 1 2 65 replies