Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Stolen Tiki Pasadena

Pages: 1 2 54 replies

Heres a heads up for all the tiki hunters. Mine was stolen from my front porch on May 27.04. I left it there (like a trusting fool) while i worked on my deck for two months. And i want it back! Death to the thieves, Reward for the finder.
Check it out at the site below
http://home.earthlink.net/~riderstudio/

[ Edited by: RiderSouth on 2004-06-04 22:10 ]

O

Wow!! I am very sorry for your loss! Will keep a look out for it...Watch ebay also. Did you carve it yourself, if so great job...good luck!

TK

I can't belive it.. Thats terrible..
I will keep an eye out in South OC.

Hopefully TIKI Mojo will bring who ever stole it lots of bad luck..

Hope it turns up..

:tiki:

D

your tiki is so cute.
a pox on those who stole him.

you might want to post the theft (and picture) at http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ under lost and found.. get as many people to search for him as possible

elicia

I'll keep an eye open, Make sure to check the Pasadena City College Flea Market.It's this Sunday

Make sure to tell the guy in the Northwest corner who has a whole booth full of tiki stuff.

TG

Ridersouth I am 110 south of you...I'll keep my eyes peeled for it...nice lookin' tiki too...such a shame...

I've always got my eyes open for tiki while I drive Los Angeels. I'll be on the look out.

Where did you get that killer tiki?

Cheers,

KT

On 2004-06-04 22:29, Kreaky Tiki wrote:
Where did you get that killer tiki?

He stole it.

Welcome to Tiki Central Rider South!
Good Luck

Yo Thanks for the replies,
In response where i got it. (I wish i did carve it myself), I got it from a little old lady in Pasadena, I told her how much i liked it and we made a deal, So I guess it was a steal.
Since it is one of a kind hopefully someone will see it and send it home to Daddy. :sheckymug:
Have another Mai tai!

T

Very kewl tiki! Any info on the history or carver? (Just so I can put that into my ebay auction.) :wink:

P.S. Only Kidding!

N
Nai'a posted on Sat, Jun 5, 2004 5:12 PM

NO worry Ridersouth - the protectors of Tikis will return this to you - although the Guardian Tiki is mainly to protect land from evil spirits from the sea, it also decends on those who steal tikis from their owners. So beware if you are the one who stole his tiki.

Nai'a

M

my heart goes out to you! I was at the Pasadena City College swap meet this weekend and saw a "Missing tiki" flyer posted there! That really sucks that somebody would do a thing like that! I hope your tiki turns up!!
Mark

If you get a lead & need help liberating it -let me know. Thanks for the visit.

UB

Let this be a lesson to you Carvers!
Don't carve Tikis with legs!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-06-07 21:39 ]

On 2004-06-05 14:00, RiderSouth wrote:
...I got it from a little old lady in Pasadena...

I'l bet she only took it out on Sundays for a few Mai Tais...

B

Under Lessons , along with Legs so they can't walk away, you carvers shouldcarve them Blind so they can't see other places they want to go. Since this tiki had legs and his eyes were wide open, he probably just walked away goin after that hula girl he saw walking down the street. Look for the hula girl...Find the tiki.
Seriously. I hope you get him back.

If you're up for it, I'd hit the Rose Bowl and check in with the guy who has a stall loctade by one of the bridges that cross into the cheaper section. He has a boat load of tiki/treasurecraft/cocojoes stuff. Theres a couple other sellerd in the cheaper section who have a high number of tiki stuff. Off in the immediate right ( as you cross the bridges ) corner are a few, and another guy sets up one or two rows in and down just a bit from the previously mentioned sellers. Give them yor missing tiki flyer as they may unwittingly attract your thieves if they are trying to cash in.

I'll check a couple of antique malls in my area.

The guy by the bridge usually has great stuff, but as with most of the dealers, his prices are just above my pain thresh hold.

Oh there is another seller in the main area who has a bunch of mugs. Look for his shelves of lunch boxes. Hes a better dealer, as he does flex on his relatively decent prices.

So theres a guide to the sellers for those interested.

Good luck on the recovery.

TG

S

On 2004-06-08 14:15, Benzart wrote:
Under Lessons , along with Legs so they can't walk away, you carvers shouldcarve them Blind so they can't see other places they want to go. Since this tiki had legs and his eyes were wide open, he probably just walked away goin after that hula girl he saw walking down the street. Look for the hula girl...Find the tiki.
Seriously. I hope you get him back.

Kaw Liga was a wooden tiki standin by the door
He fell in love with the Hula maiden over at the antique store.
Kaw Liga....

Sure hope yer tiki comes back!
PEa

[ Edited by: sweetpea on 2004-06-08 23:19 ]

I can't believe that some people just can't keep their filthy hands off of other peoples property. That totally sucks! The thieves might now realize it yet, but there WILL be major repercussions experiance by them. Tikis are gods, and have more power than most people realize!!! I have you covered in my area. I hope your tiki comes back home to you soon.

H

I hope you are not pulling every hair out of your head. Hope someone will see it soon. Lets put posters on all the street posts.

On 2004-06-10 12:44, TrickyTiki wrote:
I can't believe that some people just can't keep their filthy hands off of other peoples property. That totally sucks!

Yea its a real buzz killer. as far as posting I was out today tacking some up, Its free advertising and when the thieves pull up to a stop sign look over to see the tiki staring back they'll know the cruse of the tiki is upon them! (like Greg Brady in Hawaii)

[ Edited by: RiderSouth on 2004-06-11 01:57 ]

Primo probably snagged it for the Kahiki Moon opening!!!!He WAS just out here ya know.hehehehehe

H

If I go to the Rose Bowl, I will check for you. If I see it I will buy it and then sell it to you . hehehehe just kiddin

Any one who finds the tiki will be rewarded in this life.....and the next.
Happy Hunting.

RiderSouth

Wheres my tiki?? Not at the Cruz show...

its time to put his picture on the side of rum bottles.

kidding aside..i do hope he finds his way back home.

elicia

I am so sorry to hear this! I know how you feel. I displayed my paintings at an art food and beverage festival here in miami, on South Beach back in early Feb. Some drunken fools stole TWO of my paintings and no security guards stopped them. I didnt even realize they were gone until it was too late.
But ya know what? KARMA BITES. And one day, its going to bite those theives on the ass... your thieves and mine. :wink:
MWWWAAAAAAAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

The Tiki Gods shall avenge your tiki. No doubt. :wink: Good luck!

Lenore Shaffer

TB

Man....what a drag. That there is one fine tiki too. I had a party a couple years back and someone bagged two of my Bosko masks. From my own party by someone I invited! And just this last weekend someone up and stole my barbeque. Punk theives! A tiki curse plague on all of them! I live in Burank. I'll keep my eye out for a wandering 5 foot tiki. Perhaps the old lady that sold it to you realized that she made a terrible error in judgement and came looking for it!

Punk Thieves!
Ive been thinking It couldn't have been a tiki aficionado, they would fear the spirit of the tiki
Its probably at the thieves neighborhood yard sale for $50 bucks....
I should go check out the lady's house, she said she had more tikis around her pool. I most likely could talk her out of.........Ill bring a bottle of rum along just in case.
:drink:

RiderSouth, everytime I see that you have made a new posting, I get all excited, hoping your new post reads..."Relax everybody, :tiki: came home!"
Bummer, that hasn't been the case. I'll keep sending positive thoughts to :tiki: so he can find his way back to you. Because even :tiki: knows, there's no place like home.

I haven't found it in my parent's neighborhood in Arcadia, but I'm not going through backyards just up & down the streets.

H

what about chartering a small plain just for a few hours and flying above Pasadena and lookong into the backyards of people around your place.?

Rider, if this doesn't turn up, I'll carve one up for you cheap. Family discount,that is.

On 2004-06-23 21:16, hiltiki wrote:
what about chartering a small plain just for a few hours and flying above Pasadena and lookong into the backyards of people around your place.?

http://www.satelite.com/homesearch.htm

Hey bro, I hate to put a downer on your search (cause I'm still looking, and that's a mighty FINE offer from Chiki too, that's why I love this site) but I got to thinking about your dilemma and all the heartache I must have caused as a bored teen. One of our favorite evening activites, after we obtained our drivers license, was to "borrow" peoples lawn ornaments (like flamingos, dwarves, signs, etc) and dump one nights haul into someones front yard. We'd get a kick out of reading the following weeks police report in the paper. Ahh...fond memories. Now I realize that these people may have belonged to mail groups (this was a wee bit before the internet craze - so I'll just say they corresponded through snail mail) pertaining to their particular favorite lawn ornimentation. And it must have hurt them so to wake up and find out that their beloved plastic pink flamingos had taken flight over night. I do hope that yours did not fall to the hands of stupid kids out to have a laugh.
My eyes are still peeled, friend. We'll get your tiki back for you.

Thanks for the offer Chikitiki, I like your work.
I may take you up on your offer at some point.
If it is just kids that took it for a laugh i hope they bring it back before the mojo gets them.
I still think its punk thieves trying to make a buck.

B

On 2004-06-27 09:29, RiderSouth wrote:
i hope they bring it back before the mojo gets them.

Lemme at'em! Lemme at'em!

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:31 ]

Sounds good, What brings you all the way out west, Fireworks?

Well i have some unreal news.........

TheTikis Back!!
Someone saw the flyers and i got a call and went and picked it up, I still cant believe it.
Thanks for the positive energy from all.
Just in time to celebrate at Bahookas tomorrow!

Damm good stroke of luck
Hug your tikis.

RiderSouth =)

H

WOW WOW WOW! What wonderful news! I can't believe it, that's just spectacular, and frankly unexpected. I'm so glad that all your hard work to get your tiki back has actually paid off. What a lucky tiki.

The people you picked it up from--were they the sticky fingered ones, or did they get it from someone and then see one of your flyers?

M

On 2004-07-09 01:37, RiderSouth wrote:
Well i have some unreal news.........

TheTiki Is Back!!
Someone saw the flyers and i got a call and went and picked it up, I still cant believe it.

RiderSouth =)

That is so Zazz that it transcends Zazz!!! In celebration, I put on my 45 record of Martin Denny doing "Stranger In Paradise" in honor of the stranger that got your tiki back to you!!! ZAZZ!!!! etc...

PS- will someone tell humu2 to go to BED-she has lots of driving to do tonight!!! :)

M

On 2004-06-23 00:58, DawnTiki wrote:
RiderSouth, everytime I see that you have made a new posting, I get all excited, hoping your new post reads..."Relax everybody, :tiki: came home!"
Bummer, that hasn't been the case. I'll keep sending positive thoughts to :tiki: so he can find his way back to you. Because even :tiki: knows, there's no place like home.

I guess one never knows what will happen in life! A happy ending is always nice-even if this is a simplistic statement. :)

The dude said he bought it at the LongBeach swap-meet and then saw the flyers at a local antique dealers.

I think i just handed the flyer to the right dealer today and it set the wheels in motion.

The Tiki mafia is involved and better left unsaid...........

Break out the Bongos

[ Edited by: RiderSouth on 2004-07-09 09:05 ]

D

thats the happiest news ive heard all week! so glad your Tiki is home where he belongs.

happy endings... ahh :)

elicia

J
Jay_G posted on Fri, Jul 9, 2004 2:56 AM

Did the Dude say how much he paid for your Tiki?

Great NEWS though.

_ Jay

I
I-Tiki posted on Fri, Jul 9, 2004 7:31 AM

What is this world coming to?

Ripping off another mans Tiki for PROFIT! That's sick. For love maybe, but not for profit. Throw them into the Big Woo!

Congrats on getting it back..

I-Tiki

[ Edited by: I-Tiki on 2004-07-09 07:32 ]

T

Glad to hear that he has found his way home, Dorothy and Toto would be proud, would like to see a house fall on those that took it though.

Pages: 1 2 54 replies