Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

GREAT SUCCESS FOR "THOR "IN HAWAII this weekend!!!

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

Hello again!! Thanks to all who have been writing me with positive enthusiasm about the paintings! I just returned from Lahina and Oahu..Diamondhead/Tabora Gallery's threw a show for me and my work this weekend there and it went incredible!!..they will represent and display all current paintings I do. Oh, and I saw the great Tiki sign that Pariarts did for "Tiki's" restaurant in Waikiki by the way!!! Great job guys!! !!
sold a bunch of Giclee's and dozens of miniprints of the paintings this past weekend. For those new to my work, check out http://www.diamondheadgallery.com and click on the featured artist. My name is Tom Thordarson. several pieces sold to some great people headng off to serve our country in Iraq..one buyer was a helecopter Medic..another doctor in the Military bought the "magic of the tiki maker" and "Hale Pama" framed Giclees First print and "Harmony of the Elements for his office wall to rekindle the feel of his polynesian dream escape. Anyway..I just appreciate all the great letters and support I have recieved from Tiki Central. I am told the value of the giclee prints are rising by the week,...sales are going rapidly..but anyone here buys work..please buy thngs that touch you because you like the image...not just an investment...that is what drives my passion to keep painting. Happy 4th!! I will be back for a show in Oahu in August in Hawaii...say hi if you drop in any Tiki centralers!!
~~Mahalo~! THOR

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:34 ]

R

Awesome artwork,Thor!
Also congrats on your successful show!
So, you worked for Disney it states.
My mom also did in the decorating dept. for the Anaheim Park.
She's retired now and lives in Huntington Beach where I grew up. She worked 20 years there and created the costumes for the window display characters.
Was there any artwork you created that's still at Disneyland today?

[ Edited by: filslash 2007-11-20 12:47 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies