Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

ANNOUNCEMENT: New features for mail subscribers

Pages: 1 4 replies

So now that Tiki Central has hundreds of messages a week and the new Beyond Tiki forum, I've upgraded the subscriber mailing system to make it better.

New features:

• You can now choose what forums you get email from. Don't care about Tiki Events? Turn it off. Don't care about Beyond Tiki? Turn that off too.
  • You can change your settings at any time.
  • You can now manually unsubscribe without having to email me and ask me to take you off the list.
  • By default all existing subscriber's forums are on.

All this code is new and mostly untested. It seems to be working, but there could be some bugs. For that I appologize in advance. Mail if you don't think it's working.

You can subscribe, unsubscribe, and make changes to your settings here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/mail_register.php

Let me know what you think!

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-09-02 03:57 ]

T

Hanford,
Once again you have come thru for us all.
I really think it is time for us here at TC.
To do for you, it is time for us to buy stuff or subscribe or whatever you think, but it is time. And you spend a lot of it on us
So
Thank you

T

I think the email delivery improvements are great! Also, thanks Hanford for seperating the non-tiki-related posts into a different forum. It just keeps getting better here at tiki central!

We still need to decide what is "non-tiki" though....

Hawaiian shirts -- Tiki or Non-tiki?

~Hanford

T
thejab posted on Tue, Sep 3, 2002 1:27 PM

Hanford wrote:
"Hawaiian shirts -- Tiki or Non-tiki?"

You're kidding, right? Definitely tiki!

A good example of a topic that would be harder to put in one forum or the other was the discussion of Bruce Brown's surf films. I would think it should be in the main forum because there is a tiki in Endless Summer and there are many hawaiian scenes.

On the other hand, my recent discussion of Farrell's ice cream parlors belongs in the new "other" forum.

I hate rules as much as most people but when you get 100-200 emails a day from groups you subscribe to, plus about 50-100 spam emails a day, you'll see how the categories help.

Pages: 1 4 replies