Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Waitiki opening party August

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

We have so much interest in this gathering that the forces of nature may send a guest by the name of Charlie. The accuracy of Charlie's path is unpredictable at this time, however, IF he plans on crashing the party (must be the door prizes), I have secured an alternate date for the following Saturday.
As it stands right now, all plans are a GO for THIS Saturday, August 14th. Lets monitor the forecast thru Friday morning.

Central Floridians are aware that WDW has a deal with "you-know-who" to shield us from hurricanes (thanks Wolfram & Hart) so most of us are nonplussed by the forecasters, but I want to be assured that all Tiki travelers will be safe on the road and at the party.
Please stay tuned for more updates.......

PS The prints Donella Vitale provided for door prizes are absolutely STUNNING!!!!!

[ Edited by: Tiki Bree on 2004-08-11 10:40 ]

TB

Here's the article that coincides with Waitiki's opening.

http://www.orlandocitybeat.com/citybeat/custom/popculture/

and more good stuff!!!!

http://www.orlandocitybeat.com/citybeat/arts/

[ Edited by: Tiki Bree on 2004-08-11 19:19 ]

HL

I was just thinking about pulling together a set list for my own sanity. For sure:

• Tiny Bubbles
  • Little Brown Gal
  • My Little Grass Shack in Kealakekua, Hawaii
  • On the Beach at Waikiki
  • Hawaiian War Chant

I'm trying to figure out if I can condense the entire Tiki Room show into 4-1/2 minutes...

The pop/rock covers (time permitting) should be pretty familiar to all. I always seem to get a good reaction when I do Price's "Kiss" on uke. :)

Here's hoping the hurricane is somewhere over the Carolinas come Saturday night, as projected.

[ Edited by: Hot Lava on 2004-08-12 22:10 ]

TB

Pleeeeeease excuse me for double posting (I know its a major "no-no"), but I just wanted to make sure that everybody is aware that the party has been rescheduled for August 28th. I'm writing this before Charley's landfall, so we really dont know what the effect will be at this time, but we are all appealing to the Tiki Gods and Goddesses that all our brothers & sisters & critters will weather this storm unscathed.
I am asking for everyone to RSVP again to my email about the new date.

J

Bree...
I don't have your email, so I sent you a Personal Message.
Good luck with Charley!

Pages: 1 2 52 replies