Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Where to start....

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hi all...

I am new to tiki. First post was in the gen. discussion, sort of a quick intro., but what I really would like is to learn how to carve tikis. Is there a good book out there with tons of pics? Any advice is appreciated!

Aloha

Aloha Dude, welcome to TC.

Now look thru the "Carving Post" thread above and you'll find tons of good info on carving.

Good Luck.

Wao Nahele Kalepa Kumula'au Hale

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-07-06 06:39 ]

Thanks for the encouragement JT, and thanks for the link FZ...this thread looks fantastic from what I've seen of Basement Kahuna's work there...must wait till this pm to view the rest. JT, I've got relatives who lived in Turlock before retiring to Monterey area. Been there many times. Where can I view some pics of your work???

Enjoy!

Boo Dude, why don't ya tell us a little more about yourself so we can get to know you.

B

Main thing you need to do is get a log and a few chisels and a crayon
draw yourself out a tiki on the log and start chipping away. Start small at first and gro from there. Good luck.

I like it Chi Ti...'Boo Dude' that is! LOL

I keep fairly busy with work and raisin' the lil' boos...actually not so little anymore; oldest is 16, and has her DL, boyfriend and first job. I've got 3 girls; one blonde; one red head; and one brunette...it's the whole 'when the tiki's away...' thing! :wink:

Real interested in learning to carve tiki, build bamboo/rattan/cane furniture, and just kick back with some cool folks who want to have a good time! Oh...and I am in Orange County...hell, we're practically neighbors! Ya goin' to the Bahooka bash?

Thanks Benzart for the suggestions...I am depressed as I have been unable to locate my set of Marples chisels which I have had in storage for a few years...I may have given them to someone I thought would use them when I wasn't getting any use from them...aaaaaaauuuuuggggghhhhhh!

Boo Dude, my stuff is on my website, just click on "homepg" below.
Good luck on your first tiki.

Niiiice...VERY niiiiice! What a way to transport oneself into paradise at days end. Excellent work, JT. BTW, where's the bamboo??? (jus' askin', lol)

Pages: 1 8 replies