Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

MTV or MTV2 - which one u like?

Pages: 1 16 replies

Just wondering what you guyz think. If you had to choose between the 2 for viewing which do you pick?
BONUS - after you choose what TV Channel would you like to view BESIDES one of the 2 music channels? - hopefully music related.

Neither

i like to play C-SPAN while blasting the Baja Marimba Band...

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-07-07 13:57 ]

neither. VH-1 CLASSIC.

-Z

I prefered MTV2 when it was called M2 and only played cool indie videos. Now it's just MTV lite. I recently got Fuse expecting the best, but found out that while it does play music all day long, it only plays Britney Spears and Usher.

I also am a fan of VH1Classics, but my favorite channel has to be Tech TV.

-g-

DZ

There are music channels on TV?? Hmm. How 'bout that...

V
virani posted on Wed, Jul 7, 2004 2:45 PM

What's the one with good music again ?? Ah, no, sorry, i forgot...neither.

J

You know the shit both MTV's play is actually considered music? When did all genres of popular music suddenly start sucking? I'd rather drink blood from a severed sheep's penis than watch either MTV's or even listen to the crap on the radio for that matter! As for favorites I'd have to say the Discovery Channel and my current obsession the Food Network - god am I feeling old...

UJ

I'd rather drink blood from a severed sheep's penis....

I think MTV showed that video.. I think it was Morbid Angel.

D
Danno posted on Wed, Jul 7, 2004 8:05 PM

I'd rather drink blood from a severed sheep's penis . . .

You're in luck! You can do that on Fear Factor!!

Bartender! I see light through my glass - mind the gap! The bottle stands near you!

[ Edited by: Dano on 2004-07-07 20:06 ]

T

On 2004-07-07 20:00, Unkle John wrote:

I'd rather drink blood from a severed sheep's penis....

I think MTV showed that video.. I think it was Morbid Angel.

You sure it wasn't Mayhem?

I first saw MTV in the Cambridge branch of Newbury Street Comics. They showed loads of appalling English new wave bands like Duran Duran and Kajagoogoo. I didn't see it again until I ended up in the house of some country yokel types whose brain cells had all popped from massive cider and hashish intake. This must have been about 20 years later.

I'm so glad that during those 20 years I had something better to do than watch MTV.

Trader Woody

M

there aint no rockabilly on that there crap-tv....neither!!

which raises the question, if there WAS a rockabilly channel, or a tiki channel, or whatever, would we watch it, or instead chafe about how they are doing it too commercially? :)

On 2004-07-09 10:39, Trader Woody wrote:
I first saw MTV in the Cambridge branch of Newbury Street Comics. They showed loads of appalling English new wave bands like Duran Duran and Kajagoogoo.

When I was 13, I used to watch MTV through all the squiggly lines until our cable company finally added it to Basic. I was hooked. I watched it all day long on weekends and during summer vacation. My favorite band was Split Enz (still is, actually) and I would sit in front of the TV waiting for them to play I Got You, History Never Repeats, Six Months in a Leaky Boat, etc. I didn't watch it much after they broke up in 1985, but when Neil put Crowded House together in '86, I was hooked again. I gave it up for good in '87 when I started college.

And hey, I liked Duran Duran.

Wow. This felt like an over share. Please don't publicly mock me.

F
foamy posted on Sun, Jul 11, 2004 9:29 AM

Split-Enz were great! Crowded House too (never saw a video). I've never been an MTV fan. Give me Speed, History and OLN.

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-07-11 09:30 ]

M

Your probably right about that too...lol!!!

On 2004-07-09 13:29, Johnny Dollar wrote:
which raises the question, if there WAS a rockabilly channel, or a tiki channel, or whatever, would we watch it, or instead chafe about how they are doing it too commercially? :)

Pages: 1 16 replies