Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kon Tiki in Temple City?

Pages: 1 5 replies

I found 3 very cool matchbooks from a place called Kon Tiki at 9109 E. Las Tunas Drive Temple City CA at a flea market last week and would like to know more about the place.While I see in The Book of Tiki that there was a chain of Kon Tikis I can't find anything in the book, or in a search here, about this one.I probably have just missed it but does anybody know anything about the place?

That's a new one to me, fraconero.

And I collect California tiki paper & matchbooks pretty heavily. Sounds like a nice, obscure find. Can you post any pictures of the matchbooks?

Sabu

Oh No, Sabu thinks it's obscure! Now I feel better that I couldn't find anything on it.

It sounds like another restaurant joins the "Tiki Temples Lost in Time" list. Maybe if someone wants to go through old copies of the Temple City phonebooks & Pasadena Star-News they might find some more...

sorry about the quality - its my first time doing this so I hope it works

H

I haven't heard of this one, either. Great find! Right in our own backyard, too--it's just a bit north of Bahooka. Looks like Temple Liquor is on the spot now, don't know if it's the same building.

Matchbook for Kon Tiki in Temple City.

Pages: 1 5 replies