Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

UPDATE - PolyPop in Seattle, WA from 6/14/05 - 6/16/05

Pages: 1 2 71 replies

S

I MISS ALL THE FUN!
hehehehehe!
Glad the Mucky Mucks showed ya a good time!
Pea

W

"i wasnt sure about letting (PolynesianPop) go alone with Woofmutt ~ especially after seeing the empty 55 gallon drum strapped to the luggage rack."

I was sorta offended when I read this, I thought you were implying I was in a steel drum band. But I figured out you were just concerened I might be a serial killer, which I can't really take offense at as serial killers are a Washington state tradition.

E

Oh no! Not another Washington State-Tiki Central Serial Killer!

P

Sorry I missed last week's festivities... all the good stuff happens when I'm out of town ! Hope to meet you next time, PolyPop, and looking forward to meeting up with the NW TC Ohana here in Seattle soon. The Islander tomorrow night, anyone ?

[ Edited by: puamana on 2004-08-05 17:13 ]

Aloha Jet City Mucky Mucks! I'll be back in your great city for a short 3 day/2 night jaunt.

Anyone up for a Mai Tai???? Give me a shout!
My email is (remove the NOSPAM) or call my celfone at nine-four-nine, four-one-three, eighty-nine hundred. I will be working during the day but free after about 5pm. And like last time, I'll probably need some kind soul to come get me in downtown area.

Looking forward to seeing you all again - especially the toothless jamaican guy with the urine soaked dog!

**Poly-Pop ***

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2006-07-24 10:34 ]

S

You know, this is exactly why I don't go to Seattle anymore!

Yes indeeeeeeedy, I will NOT be out of town for this! Yeeeeeeeehaw.
I will be able to participate in
some tikifun!!! woowowowowowow, YAY!!~
Sweetpea

D

Polypop Returns! yay. i'm presuming you'll be here for tues and weds night?

tues, Selector Lopaka spins at a nifty thai place.. we should meet there and eat and listen to the smooth sounds..

weds, i'd love you all to come to our place for drinks! i could even cook dinner, or we could easily go to the international district/chinatown for dinner.

cool a pre NW Crawl event! life is good.

YES! Looks like a little something is coming together -- looking forward to my return visit!

Polypop returns!! This time i'm going to wear double strength fire retardant underwear! What days are you going to be here? Please let me know so I can clear it with my parole officer.

Aloha TR! I will be arriving on Tues 6/14 and leaving on Thurs 6/16 so I'll have Tuesday and Wednesday night to hang with the Mucky Mucks.

If the parole officer doesn't let you out, remember a wise man once said, "DO AS I COMMAND YOU"

On 2005-05-25 06:43, PolynesianPop wrote:
I will be arriving on Tues 6/14 and leaving on Thurs 6/16 so I'll have Tuesday and Wednesday night

Too bad you can't extend the trip a little more and catch a ride with either Dogbytes or Woofmutt and come down to Portland for the NW TIKI Crawl. It is that weekend after all and your sooooo close!

Barring any unforseen circumstances, count me in for both nights! wheeeeeeeeee
YAY!

Looking forward to it! DO AS I COMMAND YOU!!

P

Great news, PolyPop ! And I won't be out of town this time. Selector Lopaka and I are both up for some festivities. He is indeed spinning records in the bar at Thaiku in Ballard on that Tuesday night... usually starts around 8pm-ish. Let's go there !

Sounds like a great warm-up for the Tiki Crawl, count me in!

P

Here's an update for when PolyPop is in town next week:

Tuesday night, June 14th:

Meet at Thaiku (the bar in the back) in Ballard. Selector Lopaka starts spinning at 8 pm (we will probably get there around 7:15 or 7:30), and they serve dinner in the bar until 9:30 pm.

Wednesday night, June 15th:

We'll have a little dinner here at our house, in our Backyard Bali Hai. We'll be grilling up some spicy coconut chicken skewers, grilled veggies, and dogbytes is making one of her fabulous desserts (and of course we'll have tropical drinks). We'll probably start around 6pm ish. If anyone would like to bring a side dish/appetizer (or if there is something else you would like to throw on the the grill), feel free to bring whatever. Please PM me or email for directions.

Looking forward to seeing folks next week !

[ Edited by: puamana on 2005-06-08 13:52 ]

D

we're gonna miss tuesday's activities, as i have my young cousins visiting..

we'll be there wednesday with dessert in hand!

dammit i want it to stop raining!!

Just wanted to bump thread this and keep it fresh in the NW Mucky Mucks minds. The weather looks slightly promising for Wed., but we know that means nothing around here this time of year, so expect sun and rain and sun and rain and . . .

S

I'll be there Tuesday night!!! That's tomorrow!!! Can't make Wednesday night, dernit. I tried, but work calls.
I'll see y'all tomorrow!
Pea

All systems are GO! Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Puamana, I'll call you sometime 2moro.

Looks like it will be difficult to make tonight's festivities (though I may still try to make it fairly late). I'm 100% go for Wednesday though.

Well I'm back in So Cal now and I just wanted to give a big "Thank You" to the NW Ohana for once again making me feel right at home.

Got to finally see DJ Robby-Rob at Fu Kun Wu (thats Selector Lopaka to us TC'ers). What a great bar & restaurant. Thanks Sweetpea for coming out on a Tuesday night to hang with us!

Extra special thanks go out to Selector Lopaka and Puamana for being my Tiki Central Taxi service and opening their unbelievable home on Wednesday night. The food was great, the atmosphere was awesome and the company was incredible as always. It was nice to see Dogbytes & Mr Dogbytes, Tiki-Riviera & Mrs Tiki-Riviera, Monkeyskull and of course Selector Lopaka and Puamana again.

Have fun at the NW Crawl this weekend. Hope to see y'all again soon!

'Twas great having you here, and even greater that some of our local TCers were able to gather in your honor. We wish you were able to linger longer for the NW Crawl. We'll see the rest of you in Portland this weekend.

Pages: 1 2 71 replies