Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

** International Tiki Day 2004 Official Announcement **

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies

It's that time of year again! For this year's International Tiki Day, we've teamed up with The Fabulous Lagoon Room to bring you an event not to be missed. Join in the celebration and festivity of ITD 2004 with your fellow tiki enthusiasts in the splendor of the Fabulous Lagoon Room.

This year's event will take place on Saturday, August 14th beginning at 1:00pm and will feature a Big n' Tasty BBQ with pupu's and appetizers and Top-Shelf cocktails. Enjoy island inspired entertainment with the musical stylings of The Smokin' Menehunes, polynesian performances by The Linaka Ladies of Lakewood and a live carving demonstration by So Cal artist/carver Tiki Diablo. Plus, the debut of a special homemade "tiki brew" by our very own Orange County Award Winning Brewmaster - Tiki Bird.

Gotta tent? That's right - it's the return of Tent City! Come 'on now, you know it wouldn't be International Tiki Day without Tent City. Let's make this year bigger than last year -- and yes, there will be FIRE!

To help offset costs, we are asking each guest for a $10 donation. Each donation will include all food, drink and entertainment mentioned above in addition to a special Commemorative ITD 2004 Tiki Amulet carved by Tiki Diablo specifically and exclusively for this event only!

To RSVP, simply reply to this thread or send an email to [email protected] with RSVP - ITD 2004 in the subject line. Donations can be sent via Paypal to: [email protected]. Also, anyone wishing to bring pupus or appetizers are welcome to do so, so if you have that special secret recipe you've been wanting to show off or try out -- bring it on!

The Lagoon Room is located at 2814 Mesa Drive, in Oceanside, CA.

5 Freeway to Oceanside
Exit on Mission Ave and go East
Turn right on Mesa

Come down and help us make history once again! If you made it to ITD last year, you know what a great event it was! You don't want to miss it!

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ Edited by: polynesianpop on 2004-08-12 14:11 ]

We are in
We are bringing a tray of Orange chicken.
What color are the pancakes this time.

We are there as well. Can I confirm that this is August 14th?

I'll be bringing all my video equipment. Everybody say cheese.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-07-26 23:13 ]

Yes - August 14th. Thanks for pointing that out -- original post corrected!

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-07-26 23:15 ]

MB

Just a warning for the Hukilau... If you are standing in the middle of a
bunch of my freinds and I am taping them, you are shit out of luck.

Above is an email that we received from Monkeyman, after we asked not to have his camera shoved in our faces 2 minutes after we show up for a gig.
So, Al and Shell, love you guys, have a great time hosting the event and we'll catch up with you at Hukilau. Kisses to both of you.
Aloha!

[edited by hanford to remove the name-calling]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-07-27 16:38 ]

MB

On 2004-07-26 23:08, Monkeyman wrote:
We are there as well. Can I confirm that this is August 14th?

I'll be bringing all my video equipment. Everybody say cheese.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-07-26 23:13 ]

Just to make sure we don't have some mo' edit

O

We're in. Can't wait!

So it is true! I am so happy I could plotz - the possibility of another wonderful ITD! Me so happy. Thanks Alnshely, the Lagoon Room is so beautiful!!

Mrs. B - I think Monkeyman was just pulling your leg. I've asked him not to tape me on more than one occasion. Though he has tried (without success) to convince me otherwise, he honored my request :)
I hope you will reconsider. It will be great to have you guys there. Please?

T

Poly glad to see all worked out man, looks to be a great event.

TB

Utopiandreem & I are in! Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Yes, this will be a fun, intimate little gig. And after thinking about it for a while, isn't that what it's all about?

We could have had ITD at some public venue with a bunch of hoopla, but when it comes down to it, I've always thought that ITD should be about visiting with the friends you share the love of all things tiki with.

So, I hope anyone and everyone can make it, as this will be a real good time (and we'll have pictures to prove it!).

Bring you tiki spirit and sleeping bag, and we'll tell tiki ghost stories by the fire as we camp under the stars.

IN!

We're definitely in!
Thanks a lot Poly-pop, Bong , Alnshelly, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Bird and the rest who are/will be involved.
Sounds definitely like our kind of event.

Ran

Hey OnaTiki,

Are you bringing those kick ass vodka marinated cherries you had at Tiki Oasis?

SeekingTiki and I purchased our tickets today! We are flying into Ontario, renting a car and driving down to Oceanside. We only have one remaining problem, we need a tiki sponsor! Does anyone have a few extra sleeping bags and possibly some extra room in their tent?

Mahalo,

vw

HH

now i've gotta come out.... :P

Hula Hula reemerges! Really and truly you're going to be there? This just keeps getting better and better...

YEE HAW -- Sneak Peek of the amulet...

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-07-27 21:20 ]

M
Moki posted on Tue, Jul 27, 2004 9:51 PM

Bong--- 'OnaTiki was tired of looking at them in the fridge and made me throw them away this last weekend. I ate as many as I could before they went in the trash :lol:

But I will make a new batch for ITD! Yum Yum

:drink:

[ Edited by: Moki on 2004-07-27 21:51 ]

M

Definitely count us in!

F_I_R_E did someone say fire.
Al is your insurance paid up?
I am startin to load the fire wood today so I can be ready to burn the valley down.
Purple pancakes, tent city, good friends, I_T_D WHOOPI WHOOPY, WHOO-PEA, WHOO-PEE, WA-p

Sounds great! Can you fill in a few more details for us newbies? What time? Tent city? Data! Data!

Folks, if you're interested in owning one of these limited edition ITD tiki amulets, you need to let us know via a donation, as production depends on a known quantity.

M

It's my pleasure to announce that No Cal will be represented at The Lagoon Room this year!

A little car will arrive bearing the following contents: rum, mrsmiley, rum, tikivixen, ibuprofen, martiki, rum, and Rebecca!

Can't wait! Thanks for putting this together and thanks to Alnshely for hosting!

Sounds like this little shindig's gonna smoke!

Glad the Nor Cali's will be represented deep in So Cali territory.

On 2004-07-29 08:33, martiki wrote:
It's my pleasure to announce that No Cal will be represented at The Lagoon Room this year!

A little car will arrive bearing the following contents: rum, mrsmiley, rum, tikivixen, ibuprofen, martiki, rum, and Rebecca!

Can't wait! Thanks for putting this together and thanks to Alnshely for hosting!

What kind of drink do you make with Ibuprofrin, Rum & Rebecca?

***** UPDATE *****

We've been bombarded with requests to make the ITD 2004 amulet available to those who cannot attend the event. As such, we've chosen to make them available to all who would like one! To purchase, simply send $14.95 + $2.00 shipping via Paypal to [email protected] by Friday, August 6th. We will begin shipping out the amulets the Monday after ITD on August 16th. All proceeds will go towards the ITD event being held at the Fabulous Lagoon Room.

Thanks for supporting ITD 2004!

Amulet size is a whopping 2" wide x 3" tall!

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-07-29 12:14 ]

T

Yes, Yes,
We're in. Can't wait no more. We're in the plane this Saturday.
Already sounds like a great event.

A bientôt.
Tikifrog

V

Have a good time les frogs, don't forget to bring me back some tiki souvenir... :wink:

M

WHY, oh WHY do I always have to work Saturdays! Sounds like a killer event. I'm going to make it out to meet all of you one of these days. I swear.

HH

On 2004-07-29 09:12, Tiki_Bong wrote:

smoke?
pissttttt hey bong meeet you in the boys bathroom after 3rd period.

On 2004-07-29 16:17, hula hula wrote:

On 2004-07-29 09:12, Tiki_Bong wrote:

smoke?
pissttttt hey bong meeet you in the boys bathroom after 3rd period.

You got it bud-dah!

Can we please try to stay on topic instead of on drugs.
KuKui and I are also bringing some extra tents for public consumption.
Not to smoke out in. GOT IT!

H_E_L_L_O
is anybody out there?
Speak up
Who's going
Some one start a list
TENT CITY AAAaaarrrggghhh

Hey! If you're going to this gig, post it! Otherwise if you show up without posting, we'll treat you like a 'Grand Member' that got their 'Grand Membership' taken away (wait a minute,... that's me.)

I'll probably be there.

M

On 2004-07-31 09:06, thebaxdog wrote:

Who's going?
Some one start a list
TENT CITY zazz!!

GOING;
Martiki
Rebecca
Mr Smiley
Tiki Vixen

.......(your name here)

I'll probably be there too. Hopefully bringing a friend. Waiting to work out logistics.

OL

We're planning on going too. What time does it get started?

H

in

T

****** Int Tiki Day Party Start Time ******

Well, the hula dancers need to be on the road North to LA by 4:00 pm, so given that, the party will get under way around 1:00 or 2:00 pm. See you there.

A hui hou!

T

Alnshelly

Is there room to park the tikibus on your street or will that bring down da man?

Trustar

A

You can park the bus. Look forward to seeing you.
Mahalo,
Al

[ Edited by: Alnshely on 2004-08-03 18:21 ]

Hi all! My first post here is to say we will be attending! Can't wait!

HH

in

Just in case it didn't get noticed on page 1 :
We're in (2)

Ran

T

Ahhh, now I see where all the NorCal HT's have gone - they've defected to the SoCal ITD event. :(

Mr. and Mrs. Velour will be there.

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies