Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

** International Tiki Day 2004 Official Announcement **

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies

M

Sorry Rich- we've planned on heading down for a long time. Fear not, we'll throw something together up here again soon.

M

Al, Shelly, Pop, Bong, Smiley, Vixen, etc.:

I just wanted to let you guys know that August 14th is also Rebecca's birthday!

Shhh!

Now she doesn't read TC, so it's safe, but it would make her day if we could do something. Just a surprise round of Happy Birthday would be great, but if you can think of anything nutty, feel free to do whatever.

We'll see you soon! Mahalo.

UB

On 2004-08-04 20:10, martiki wrote:
Now she doesn't read TC, so it's safe

Love it Martiki,
I say these very words to myself everyday, "Now they don't read TC, so it's safe to relax". :D

On 2004-07-27 19:43, vwtikigirl wrote:
We only have one remaining problem, we need a tiki sponsor! Does anyone have a few extra sleeping bags and possibly some extra room in their tent?

We have sleeping bags you can use. we live 2 miles from the Lagoon Room. Let me know if you're still in need.

T

Bong brings his own pup tent (if you know what I mean - wink, wink, nod, nod, wink, wink, nod, nod)

Add two more!
Tiki Bird & I wouldn't miss it!

****** Offical 'Who's Going' list ******

Bong (yeah!)
Poly Pop & better half
Spike
Tiki Mick & 2 friends
Shirley & 2 friends
Baxdog & Sara
Monkeyman & family
Ona tiki & Moki
Floratina
Tikibird & Utopiandreem
Tikirider
Kick the Reverb & Mrs
VW Tikigirl
Seekingtiki
Modmana & friend
Martiki & Rebecca
Tikifrog & Mrs (Oui!)
Mr Smiley
TikiVixen
Vintagegirl & friend
Ookoo lady & friend
Hiltiki
Trustar & Susan (HB'rs are in the house!)
4WDTiki & friend
Johnnievelour & Lady Velour
Trader Pup
Weird Unc & Miss Mauna Loa
SugarCaddyDaddy
Sabu & Tikibelle
PiPhiRho
Dr Z

If I didn't list you, please post and beg alot!

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-08-12 15:36 ]

M

On 2004-08-04 20:10, martiki wrote:
Al, Shelly, Pop, Bong, Smiley, Vixen, etc.:

I just wanted to let you guys know that August 14th is also Rebecca's birthday!

Shhh!

Now she doesn't read TC, so it's safe, but it would make her day if we could do something. Just a surprise round of Happy Birthday would be great, but if you can think of anything nutty, feel free to do whatever.

We'll see you soon! Mahalo.

What!?!?! She didn't come to MY party! :)
just kidding

Fabulous Lagoon Room...Menehunes...Linaka Ladies...Carvers...Tiki brew...BBQ...FIRE!!! I'll be there. Please reserve me a spot in tent city (even though I'm more of a cave dweller).

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2004-08-05 19:23 ]

4WDtiki - thanks for the offer. I believe we have it taken care of, but if not I'll let you know.

Thanks,

vw

F

I notice that the Hoiti Toiti Southern Command is well-represented, likewise the NorCal TCers. What about you L.A. types?

I'll be there!

If you are planning on attending and haven't yet checked in, you should or there may be "NOAMULETFORYOU!". I have beheld the master amulet by Tiki Diablo and I felt like Golum (myyyyy Pwecious...!) It is indeed bitchen. It ain't dinky, either.

Payment info for the amulet and party donation (we do consume mass quantities) are at the beginning of the thread. I know, "duh". :)

P.S. Yay, Pup!

You betta believe I'll be there! I'm giving The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa a ride, too, so count two of us.

-Weird Unc

SugarCaddyDaddy will be there goin' solo!

Tikibelle and I are finally able to confirm. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Sabu

TM1

Hey, I am bringing my brother and sister down, specifically to see how much fun the tiki scene is, and to watch the SM's play.....

can they just pay the ten dollars at the door??

T

On 2004-08-09 13:57, tiki mick wrote:
Hey, I am bringing my brother and sister down
can they just pay the ten dollars at the door??

Tiki Mick,

Why don't you just ask me tonight at practice you dumb-sh#*

P

I am planning on making the trip, but I have rehearsal that say and will need to attend at least half of it, so I am looking at getting there around 4 or 5PM. Will have to leave by midnight so that I can get back out to rehearsal sunday morning.

HH

out :(

NNNOOOOOOOO!
Say it ain't so - no Hula Hula?

M

Damn the war! Come back Hula! Come baaaaaaack!

****** Special Announcement *******

Haven't you always wanted to do something really, really special for (not to) Tiki Bong? Of course you have. How many times have you said "you know what, Tiki Bong is a great asset to TC, and I want to show him how much I appreciate him".

Well, here's your chance! Please go buy some real cool gift for Tiki Bong.

Maybe it'll be some cool O'Neil surf booties (size 10 mens), or maybe a surf leash (for a longboard), or maybe a case of motor oil (30 weight), or maybe some booze (rum), or maybe cash (any denomination), or maybe a set of Jarts.

Just get me, er... him something!

TB

On 2004-08-10 17:12, Tiki_Bong wrote:
****** Special Announcement *******

Haven't you always wanted to do something really, really special for (not to) Tiki Bong? Of course you have. How many times have you said "you know what, Tiki Bong is a great asset to TC, and I want to show him how much I appreciate him".

Well, here's your chance! Please go buy some real cool gift for Tiki Bong.

Maybe it'll be some cool O'Neil surf booties (size 10 mens), or maybe a surf leash (for a longboard), or maybe a case of motor oil (30 weight), or maybe some booze (rum), or maybe cash (any denomination), or maybe a set of Jarts.

Just get me, er... him something!

Its International Tiki Bong Day!

I want to change the way the event is run.

1. I want to have this event someplace called Baxdog’s Tropics
  2. It needs to called Baxter Oasis 1 2 3 and 4
  3. The vendors need to sell stuff that has a Baxdog theme
  4. All the prices will be really low (for Baxter only)
  5. I will have a Baxter parking place.
  6. I will stay in the Baxdog suite
  7. I will have ice brought to my suite every 10 minutes (the ice bags should say Bax on them)
  8. I will not have to wear a wrist band, and the gates will open automatically.
  9. The entertainment will also have Bax, Dog, Baxdog, or Baxter in the title
    a. DJ Dog
    b. The Baxdog Gents featuring “The Mysterious Baxter”
    c. The Smokin Dog-A-Looney’s
    d. K-9 Ape
    e. The Baxman (from New York)
    f. King Kukabaxy
    g. Baxter’s Pimento Project
    h. And in my private Baxdog suite/ the soothing futuristic intergalactic space love sounds of Baxsu Robaxa and his 7 foot female blow up doll making videos of their own???
  10. All Burlesque dancing will have the Baxdog theme (especially the K-9 part) and will be performed no more than 5 feet from my Baxdog Throne (I mean chair)
  11. My people will bring me drinks made from the Beach Bum Baxter book
    (Cause to pull this off I gotta start drinkin again)
  12. We will meet outside the Baxbar called “The Beef”(fitting don’t you think?) and we will make a likeness of me, and let’s call Baxagami
  13. Let’s have a who can look like Baxter in the future dress up contest.
    (none of the contestants can be overweight or hairy)
  14. 135 and Dr.Z’s room shall be Baxdog Jr. suite #1 and #2 with music by Les Baxter
    (NO, I did not say LESS Baxter, so stop thinking it)
  15. The Dive-in Movie will be 8mm movies of my child hood (no one will fall asleep)
  16. The BaxModern Gallery should have all art work in theme
    (C’Al, start working on the velvet Baxdog)
  17. Mothers day no longer works for me. Dog Day will do fine.
  18. I will be taken to The Beef bar Fantasy camp by Miss Hawaii 1971 who will give me my own personal Hula lap dance to the strumming sounds of the Baxulele.
  19. The photo board (Monkey Man that is just to obvious) me me me

That is all I can think of for now, because with two kids and 27 jobs, I need more time?
So all that is left is
Casey / start working on my new motor lodge signs
Otto / start booking my entertainment
Artist / E-mail me and I will send you PDFs of me
AND
Ulla / get my suite ready (please)
Because Baxdog Day is not that far away
It’s the 2nd Sat. in August (International pet the Dog Day)
Thank you for my patience
And you can read more about this on Baxdog Central (stupid 24hrs a day)

And Bong
One free lunch at Bax's danglin Diner?

T

On 2004-07-29 12:12, PolynesianPop wrote:
***** UPDATE *****

We've been bombarded with requests to make the ITD 2004 amulet available to those who cannot attend the event. As such, we've chosen to make them available to all who would like one! To purchase, simply send $14.95 + $2.00 shipping via Paypal to [email protected] by Friday, August 6th. We will begin shipping out the amulets the Monday after ITD on August 16th. All proceeds will go towards the ITD event being held at the Fabulous Lagoon Room.

Thanks for supporting ITD 2004!

Amulet size is a whopping 2" wide x 3" tall!

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-07-29 12:14 ]

DANG!! I missed the date! I wanted to donate for one of those, AARGRGGRGGHHHH!!
That is what I get for being busy with my event. Crapola! :(

On 2004-08-11 07:18, thebaxdog wrote:

And Bong
One free lunch at Bax's danglin Diner?

"Lunch", that's not what your mama said. She said it was more like a starvation diet...

****** Announcement ******

This is a real one folks. If you haven't made your donation via Paypay to [email protected] please take care of it the day of the event with either Al, Poly Pop or myself.

Mahalo Nui Loa!

DZ

OK - before ANYBODY else asks me: YES, WE WILL BE GOING TO ITD!!

sheesh...

See you all Saturday!

A

Does anyone if Dr Z is coming on Saturday?
Mahalo,
Al

DZ

:P

See how popular you are, Dr.Z?

Folks, feel free to bring a foodstuff contribution to the event, I think the booze thing is handled. Our hosts may not want to say so, but I'll bet that the $10 donation isn't going to cover all the expenses!

H

Is anyone going to this event from San Fernando Valley, could you let me know please, could we carpool or something, thanks.

Alnshely, Do you folks have a pool??

A

No bruce we do not.
Mahalo,
Al

Unforeseen bull shit is now preventing us from enjoying tent city. I so wanted blue cakes.
Oh what the hell?
Does anyone know if Dr. Z is going?
And Bong they don't call me the angry inch for nothing. Gerkin is my middle name.

Can't we change this date to Father's Day? :)
I hope you all have a great time.
There was no way in hell I could get off work.
have a great Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-08-12 23:20 ]

M

On 2004-08-12 14:47, thebaxdog wrote:
Unforeseen bull shit is now preventing us from enjoying tent city. I so wanted blue cakes.
Oh what the hell?
Does anyone know if Dr. Z is going?
And Bong they don't call me the angry inch for nothing. Gerkin is my middle name.

Is it that TENT City is still going on for the rest of us, but YOU , Baxdog, can't join us--or is Tent City cancelled for EVERYONE? I needs ta know!!! :)

A

Tent city is on in a big way.
Mahalo,
Al

M

On 2004-08-12 14:33, Alnshely wrote:
No bruce we do not.
Mahalo,
Al

no pool!?!?! I'm staying at home, then!! :)

ok-maybe I will come--if people BEG!!! :)

Will there be nametags? :)

M

Are there going to be any extra tents like last year?? Does any one have some extra ones (if they are needed). I am bringing one-but I think it only fits two people--it is rather small. --bruce

I am still bringing extra tents, I just won't be in one.
I was going to test out that,
I don't snore any more.
I guess I won't snore at home either.
Can't wait to see everyone !!

Only 1 more day 'til ITD!!!

Looks like we're gonna have a big turnout this year so again, if you wish to bring an appetizer or other dish, it will be much appreciated!

Looking forward to an excellent celebration!

Al, I just want to announce that enough people begged me to go! (my personal messages were overloading! ) so I decided to grace you Hoiti-Toiti's with my presence -even though you don't have a pool! :) I can't wait! -----Mr Dry Smiley

MrsSmiley, maybe someone will bring one of those small kiddy pools....hee hee

Looking forward to seeing you all at ITD! Utopiandreem & I are bringing 3 different types of beer & Hummus & Pita, & Pinwheels. Sorry it isnt tiki, but all we had around the house.

Tbird.

Ther's no way I'm missing this. I'll make a paypal donation right now to contribute to the cause and I'll see what I can bring with me.

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies