Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

** International Tiki Day 2004 Official Announcement **

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies

P

Well, a bunch of stuff has come up and it is looking like I am not going to make it down to Oceanside today. Unless I can get down there much later, and I kind of doubt that. So, in the very likely event that I DON'T see you all today, have a very happy International Tiki Day and a great party. I will surely miss Al's great cocktails.

T

I so wish I was there for it!! Man I need to move.

Damage report needed along with pictures and quotes to be used as evidence.

Long live the heathen savages!
Wish I was there.

Now that the event has passed-I think now is the time to post some (hopefully) constructive critism so next year can be better ;
1.The drinks weren't strong enough
2.the ice wasnlt cold enough
3.the 'menehunes weren't smokin' enough
4.the pancakes weren't blue enough
5.the King of Kukules wasn't coocoo enough
6.two words- "NO POOL!"
7.Al wasn't drunk enough!

Just kidding, all !!!! Thanks, Al, Shelly, Bong, Pop, etc for a great time!!!

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-08-16 11:23 ]

The Menehunes were not smoking enough??

Spike, shirley, Bong and myself were hitting that two-footer in the band bus just before we went on!!!

Cheech and chong ain't got nothin on us, baby!!!

Seriously though...

Irma and I had a great time! As usual, Al and Shelly were excellent hosts! I got to meet a lot of cool people, and see some familiar faces..martiki, baxdog, kick the reverb, monkey man, sabu, king, many others and CRAZY AL!!!!

Crazy Al, you made my night! Thanks for jammin with us! I wish we could get you and your nuts permanently!

(is that what you kids are calling them these days??)

On 2004-08-16 11:21, mrsmiley wrote: Now that the event has passed-I think now is the time to post some (hopefully) constructive critism so next year can be better

1. I wasn't there :( cause i had to work.
    glad to hear it was fabby... hope to see more pics!

Sooooo bummed out! SON OF MOTHRA has been EXTREMELY ill for the past 3 weeks. First I miss Dr. Z's gig, now this. A very very very disappointing month! I hope you all had a swell time and drank many a Mai Tai, Zombie, Hell on the Pacific, etc. etc. I'm sure Rocknrollgirl and I will see you all soon. Now lets see some pictures, so I can see what fun I missed.

Futura Girl, you were missed!! :)

DZ

Futura Girl-- We finally had the judging of the masks that had been painted at my house, and your fantastic artwork won first place!

However, you weren't there so we drank your prize...

I.O.U.!! :D

For anyone who missed it, there seems to be another thread regarding this party under the title "From the Founder of International Tiki Day". There are more pictures and comments from the lucky people who were at this ITD.

M

photos!!!! check out the series of King Kukulele TRYING to steal the blue pancake from Monkeyman's son "monkeyboy".

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBMXDFk2bt3pA

bump

-just a look back.....

good times.

not to derail any separate posts that Bongofury might start.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-06-28 00:04 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies